FA Kiwi problems

Hi again all.

So I wanted to try my hands on a Kiwi Pear profile, after a local commercial beverage we had here. I did what any beginner would do and looked at the highest rated Kiwi and pear flavourings out there as per ELR and ATF and decided to get FA Kiwi and CAP pear with stevia.

The CAP pear is sooo good IMO. It’s true, sweet and works well in lower percentages. The FA Kiwi on the other hand, I find has a really bad purfumey note to it. Like standing in line next to an old lady wearing really bad, cheap perfume. Is anyone else getting that from the FA Kiwi, or is it just me? I never saw anything like that in the countless flavour notes I read.

2 Likes

@SkinnyboyDre I’ve never gotten that from it, what percentage did you use it at ?

4 Likes

How long did you steep your mix?

3 Likes

What percentage did you mix kiwi fa at? I don’t have my recpies up but can confirm this is one of the weaker fa flavors and can be pushed higher…maybe at the 4-5% mark.

I also wonder if it is just not pairing well with pear cap…personally I don’t have this flavor to provide insight…but do want to go purchase it.

That said…try kiwi fa at 4% and 1% marshmallow of your choice to get a better sense of this flavor.

6 Likes

I usually do 3 batches of 5ml each when I try a new recipe. Usually I do 1.5%, 3% and 4%. In all 3 it’s quite evident.

1 Like

I test as a SNV, 24hrs, 3 days and a week. It has been a week now and it does seem to be subsiding a little, but not enough. I actually have to rewick my dripper after each test as the off note lingers.

4 Likes

I will try adding some marshmallow and see if it helps, thanks.

1 Like

I don’t get those off-notes from FA’s, (2%) but, you never know its interaction with stevia… Coupling flavors it’s often a mistery and from some we might get some weird notes. We are creating anew flavor afterall.
Personally, I’d lower it and add some green apple to bridge the two and MM is a good idea to mellow it out.

6 Likes

Thank you. I’ll definately give your suggestions a go.

1 Like