FA pear concentrate

Anyone familiar with this? It’s a lovely smelling, fresh, realistic pear - BUT, it just gets lost, no matter what I try mixing it with. I’ve been trying to nail an Almond/Pear cookie type mix, and after bumping the pear from 3 to 4%, it’s still very weak. Seems strange for an FA concentrate

here’s one I mixed up over a week ago [one thing I wish they would change on here, is for recipes to keep the date created]

Almond pear cookie

Ingredient %
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA) 0.5
Almond (FA) 3
Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 1
Meringue (FA) 1
Pear (FA) 4
Sugar Cookie v2 (CAP) 2.5
Vienna Cream (FA) 1.5

Flavor total: 13.5%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

I get almond, I get cookie, but the pear is very faint.

Any ideas? I might just go back to INW Pear, it’s not as ‘fresh’ a pear but certainly a lot stronger.

3 Likes

I haven’t used it myself yet, but several people that use it have told me that they primarily use it to add some juiciness to the mix. They don’t use it to get a pear flavour.

3 Likes

It could well be one of those concentrates, which is a pity, because it’s such a nice flavor, very realistic pear. It’s there, in the mix, but too faint for my liking. Maybe I need to pair, the pear, with another

1 Like

FA Pear is pretty popular around here, but mostly used like stated above as more of an additive. I’ve never gone over 1%. It works great in fruit mixes.

2 Likes

Maybe some Pyure (acidic) might make it pop or just a little Sour (guessing)

1 Like

You will never get FA pear to be a font runner pear flavor in a juice unfortunately. It is very true to an over-ripened fresh pear, in that it’s very juicy with a mild pear flavor.

As stated it is a wonderful booster to many fruits and any recipe you want to add a juiciness to. If you are looking for a strong pear flavor, I would use this one along side another pear flavor. Unfortunately for me, I have yet to find a pear flavor that doesn’t taste like candy

1 Like

I would suspect it is getting lost behind sugar cookie cap and Vienna cream.

If it was me and I really really wanted just FA pear…I would remove sugar cookie and drop Vienna cream down to Atleast 1%.

And if that didn’t work still. Add 0.25 or less Fuji Apple FA…maybe even 0.15%. Since you don’t want apple.

1 Like

I’ve been having the same problem. I bought it cause I thought it sounded good but I haven’t really find a good mix for it yet. It smells amazing . I’m gonna give your recipe a go today ,Looks awesome. I also agree about the date. I usually just put it in the comments so I know when I made it.

1 Like

That’s good thinking, I had considered something along those lines. I have always found Fuji to be as much pear-like as apple. I have mixed both in another mix with cactus and kiwi, it’s nice, but again the pear was lost. I might just try what you suggest and drop the sugar cookie. Might mix it up later.

[edit] here’s what I’m going to try:

Almond pear cookie

Ingredient %
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA) 0.5
Almond (FA) 2
Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 1.5
Cream Fresh (FA) 1
Fuji Apple (FA) 0.5
Meringue (FA) 1
Pear (FA) 4

Flavor total: 10.5%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

It’s an odd thing for me. When I mix simple fruits I find they fall behind Vienna cream and fresh cream FA.

My fix has always been to reduce the cream. Or add another like fruit.

Which of course really makes me mad because I really want that Vienna cream cookie to pop. It just do it right.

1 Like

I am very fond of FA pear, but it needs to be vaped within a few weeks because it fades. It’s an awesome SnV, I’m vaping this now. It’s one of my ADVs. Pear INW is very close in flavor as well.

2 Likes

I keep meaning to get some marzipan. Reckon it would compliment Almond nicely.

1 Like

Absolutely. I like it with lime FA (both limes) and marshmallow.

1 Like

I read this and thought, “hey, I’ve got a new recipe with fa pear, I should mix it up and try it right away!” Well it also has tpa pear, which apparently is very much NOT a snv flavor. Barf! My tongue is crying right now. :joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes