Facebook, Good or Evil?

https://www.soyacincau.com/2019/01/10/remove-facebook-on-samsung/

https://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4/635771-why-cant-i-completely-uninstall-facebook.html

@paingawd read the above. If you have NO option to uninstall, your carrier/provider may have pre-loaded FB as a system app. Disable may be your only option, unless you want to root the phone.

6 Likes

That same thing happened to me. I was talking about getting a chainsaw and the next thing ya know I am seeing and hearing adds about chain saws.

Yep yep, that’s how I do it also. IMO it is the only good thing about FB. I can keep track of family and friends without actually having to talk to them. :innocent:

ok, two things…

2 Likes

I bring it up on a tab and take it for what it is. Keeps me abreast on new lows in human behavior. It’s like bullshit central, lol. My sister does post a lot of cat pictures that I like. Kinda like an online version of Mad Magazine.

6 Likes

8 Likes

I already have a campaign slogan. “You’re for Ogre or You’re for lunch”

8 Likes

That’s about what I figured. Even with the damn thing disabled it still will activate if I click on a Facebook link.

I’ve thought about rooting, but right now the phone is my primary means of connection to the outside world. Still don’t have internet/phone service at the house and I NEED to be able to get calls, texts and tunes! If I can ever get a hold of a human at AT&T(screw Comcast!) to schedule an installation appointment, then I’ll be rooting the damn thing

5 Likes

Sorry brother @paingawd even if we had the same phone, still depends on our carrier’s choice of perma bloatware. :frowning:

3 Likes

I stayed away from it for a long time but get back on occasionally to catch up with friends/family. Plus ELR has a community page that I joined. I get a kick out some people when they say…
“Wait, you’re TorturedZen?” :sunglasses:

6 Likes

https://likesmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/say-what.gif

5 Likes

I primarily use FB to socialize.
I see a number of the Members on that platform. Including Lars, Simon & Elisa. Who I am friends with. Michelle Hughes is very active on FB as well.
The main reason I use FB is because of the diverse interests (Groups). I love ELR, I just seem to gravitate towards the News feed on FB

4 Likes

I have completely missed this topic, definitely Evil!
I don’t use it.
The only thing that I use is WhatsApp and I’ve been dying to get rid of it.
I found this today, looks good to me.
So, bye bye Mark :wave:

I have no FB on my phone.
Huawei P9

5 Likes

I have never used Facebook or Twitter and never will. Recently, along with millions of others, I deleted Firefox and installed “Dissenter” browser which is a version of Brave. No ads, no tracking, and to hell with big Tech censorship. I will no longer use or visit YouTube for anything either. Gab, Rumble, and others are good alternatives.

6 Likes

Don’t forget Bitchute :grin:

3 Likes

3 days, 5,548 blocked. Its fast.

4 Likes

Got it, thanks bro! :+1:

3 Likes

Great. When Mozilla/Firefox announced that they were going to censor/block sites and opinions they don’t like in their browser, that did it for me. They can kiss my…

4 Likes

Nice find, just installed it.

4 Likes

Another good one, I’ll get this on my pc asap.

5 Likes

Just my opinion: live without it. If you can’t: use it with an add blocker in a facebook container. don’t use any of the games, apps, which rockstar would you be challenge. communicate with friends and leave the other stuff.
And don’t use it on your phone if possible. Use an individual browser just for facebook and set the user agent to desktop so it allows bypassing the app.

2 Likes

It’s a tool… but it reminds me of wand from the movie “Bright”… can it do good things? sure!.. but most the time it’s just making people explode in every way imaginable :joy: … It allows us to be the gods of our own little e-worlds.

I haven’t actively used it in over 7-8 years… I started getting consumed by it, getting “likes” became a game… feeding on the attention/vanity of it all.
An old timer in trade school once told me… “son, trust me, life stays just like high school… most don’t change a bit, they just get better at disguising their priorities… do your best to fight your way out of that paper bag.”

I think social media in general has caused a massive decline in understanding and respectful communication on a face to face lvl… and more often than not, IMO, it does nothing but feed negative virtues if one doesn’t exercise a constant restraint in some form or fashion… I just chose to remove myself from it entirely… I still have an account so that people can find a way to contact me (and the amount of life photos I have on there is unreal)

12 Likes