Facebook, Good or Evil?

Stumbled across this, and I gotta tell you, makes ME feel safer LOL !!!
Kidding, I don’t use FB. Most of the people in all of my circles stopped a long while back once their shady mining details came to light.

The news: In its latest Community Standards Enforcement Report, released today, Facebook detailed the updates it has made to its AI systems for detecting hate speech and disinformation.

I’ve seen what they deem “Hate Speech”, and “Disinformation”, and was UN-impressed. You guys still trucking on FB ?

8 Likes

Nope, 3 years ago me and my wife had a verbal discussion about getting a four wheeler or SxS, later that day when I got on the fb app all my adds were for four wheelers or SxS’s but the funny thing is I hadn’t looked them up yet, so they for sure were listening to our conversation through my phone somehow…fuck them, deleted the app that day and have only been on the site 3-4 times since then.

8 Likes

A satisfied EX member since 2013

6 Likes

Evil. That is all.

9 Likes

Well @Fishaddict420 at just about EVERY level, THAT is creepy. “Improve Shopping Experience” ehhh ?

5 Likes

Hehe, dammit @Lostmarbles that made me laugh for the FIRST time today.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AmazingDistantKoala-small.gif

4 Likes

Hate to say it, but… I do control content for Me on fb…
member since 2006…

I also do not do fb pay any longer.

I use an ad blocker… and try hard to not look at things that will make my blood pressure rise…
Best way to use fb… I can keep up with my family and friends…

I do notice people coming and going… but eh… the Bot guys are fun to play with.
I had one convinced to make me a pizza :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In fact, most of my sales come from fb… as well as from overseas.

5 Likes

The app came with my phone (Samsung J7 something or other) and stupidly, I connected to fb on it. Once. Can’t remove the damn thing so I have it disabled. Doesn’t matter at all. Finger clicked on a link I wasn’t aiming for and HEY! PRESTO! I’m right back to the bugger all existence that is fb hell

4 Likes

A lot of my family and friends use FB. I rarely do. They accuse me of “emotionally distancing” myself because I don’t check in daily to see everyone’s thoughts/plans for the day or what they just had for breakfast. xD
Good or evil? :innocent: :point_right: :imp:

5 Likes

ROAR @paingawd, what phone you got ?

2 Likes

@muth I hear you, and I’m sure that’s what FB likes to hear. Fight the good fight.

4 Likes

I don’t remember what this was all about. But I still have a fb page and I pretty much handed it over to a family member who didn’t want to register her own name, lol, so she uses my page to talk with her friends AND mine. I call her my fb manager. Let’s me know if I need to respond to anything. It’s friends and family only.

7 Likes

7 Likes

I’ve always said Facebook is the devil. Sure I have a personal account used for a close group of friends and a separate account for vaping. Neither of which I use that much.

Ultimately elr is my Facebook. Lol. Just wished all the friends would stick around more.

9 Likes

Agree, my vape forums are my social groups.

9 Likes

Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro, running Android 6.0.1 Any help would be awesome!

3 Likes

How about Chaotic Neutral?

5 Likes

Me too. Really missing a few folks these days

5 Likes

Evil…next

8 Likes

I dislike fb, for many reasons, censorship is #1

Instagram is where I hang out, the Artist side of it Awesome, the Artist from all over the World are all on the same page.

5 Likes