Facebook groups and the rating system

I agree and i know that some things are in the works, looking forward to the future of the site.

6 Likes

Does look pretty obvious.

4 Likes

Dive a little further and its many in their group. But what group or person in a group hasnt rated something different because they know the people? Im sure that there are some people who have rated strawnana differently because we are a community, its gonna happen… Thats my thoughts on this topic.

Yet these guys are so ridiculously obvious that it borderlines on insulting.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve noticed an influx of FB groupies migrating over also. Seen quite a few blurbs at the end of their recipe comments trying to sway people over.

3 Likes

With cooler temps I can finally get my goods out of the fridge and get back to work on my masterpiece.
Vulcanized Rubber.
I just know it’ll be a top rated Juice.
:slight_smile:

10 Likes

I love the smell of burning rubber.

4 Likes

@Ken_O_Where - don’t get me wrong, I don’t really think there’s much that can be done.

It just boils my piss sometimes :rofl:

Facebook groups undoubtedly have a lot to do with some recipes getting a lot of ratings. That’s going to happen. It’s inexcusable though when the group members are obviously downvoting other recipes to ‘move’ them out of the way to promote ‘their’ one.

That’s a shitty tactic.

9 Likes

I hear ya, im one of those “If you have to cheat to win, find another game.” people. Every recipe is rated 5 stars? I have SO many recipes that ive made over the years and maybe a couple dozen of them i would rate so well, and they were mixed to my personal tastes. Tho some of the mixes look interesting some of them most certainly do not, tho that could just be my palate.

Ive been watching these guys for awhile and made mention of their tactics in chat a few times. Thing is i just dont see any way to fix it. Thankfully there are two other mods and they are much more intellismarter than me.

4 Likes

Is there something to gain from ELR ratings other that ELR credibility?

2 Likes

Not that i am aware of but it would be nice if we could keep some measure of credibility to the whole thing. And yet something one person loves another might despise so the rating system doesnt always work for everyone as we all have different tastes.

5 Likes

Personally, I’m reluctant to give negative ratings (because I’m generally nice), But I’ll always give positive ratings to recipes that I like. That itself probably skews the results beyond realism, do others operate like that? If so we’re probably doing an injustice to the rating system by being “nice”.

I do see the problem, It all seems a bit petty though.

7 Likes

I would imagine so, there are mixes that i didnt rate because i wasnt a fan. Thing i should have done was offered my thoughts/constructive criticism. But i do as you do and im sure many others have to. I do remember a time long before these forums that daath had to remove a crap ton of 1 star ratings by me on a fella who just copied the recipes and rated them instead of rating the original, my ginger kicked in. This was probably a few years ago now so i hope he forgot, shhh. :wink:

There really is no rating system for public use for anything that is going to be perfect or even near perfect, we are all so different. I read Amazon reviews more for the comedy than the information.

4 Likes

At what point does @BullCityFlavors or another vendor see some of these “highly” liked mixes and offer a community pack deal ??

4 Likes

Perhaps thats what they are gunning for but if you look at the community packs they are from the entire community, hell ive not even heard of many of the mixers but them recipes look good.

5 Likes

Supply and demand. If people demand it then it would be leaving money on the table to not supply it. However, I don’t see them just throwing a recipe pack up without testing it first based solely on ELR or another rating system. That would not be a wise move at all.

6 Likes

hehhehe :smile:

3 Likes

I really don’t see what the problem is. He’s rated most recipes 5 star and from the 40 or 50 he rated, just 4 didn’t get a 5 star rating. Where’s the abuse? Everybody is entitled to their own taste and preferences.

I tried Ella’s Shortbread biscuit based on ratings and was very disappointed too. Same for Unicorn’s Milk, that one I actually flushed through because it was simply not vapable to me.

Me thinks people get a little too offended too fast … what you think is the bomb may be shits to me and the other way around, and that’s all perfectly OK.

8 Likes

Beuh the rating system is piss poor anyway. Almost everything with more then 50 ratings is 4 stars or higher. Bad comments are a rarity and usually somebody gets butt hurt about it.

It’s just like the hardware reviews they all end in a positive note… might be good for some people, even if the reviewer doesn’t like it. Might get more credibility when you say it’s ok but so or so is as good at half the price, or done better by option b, stay away from this product unless you like torturing yourself.

8 Likes

Oh, Hi :smile:

My Little Input:

Sure, everyone has an opinion and they can rate how they like but…

Lets look at the facts for a sec…

Within 3hrs of Stafylidis Vladimiros posting a recipe, Tzimisce rates them 5 stars, not just him but the whole “Team”.

The Team comprises of but not limited to:
Stafylidis Vladimiros
oooNaSuGamisooo
Nikpal
Tzimisce
Savass
StamatisGr
diliaki

And a whole lot more…

Its So Blatant:

Just spends a day going through systematically rating this guys recipes 5 stars, then for a bit of fun downvotes recipes that are in the way.

An idea for a Solution or part of one

Rating cooldown of a members recipes, at least 24 hrs, thats 1 vote a day for each member, after all, its gonna take 24hrs for you to fully enjoy a good recipe right?

You can still comment but ratings for that member will be disabled until your cooldown wears off.

Anyway… Back to Lurking, have fun :wink:

Edit: I forgot to say, its not that we don’t like their ratings, ratings are encouraged but REAL ratings only, thankyou.

16 Likes
12 Likes