Fail mixer curse?

Man I feel your pain. You & I are both in the same exact boat so I personally thank you for posting your frustrations first. lol Simply so I can gain the advice offered from others along with you. My worst so far is finding out that TFA honey flavor is the worst taste & smell that I believe I will EVER come across.

…until you try granny smith apple TFA :wink:

2 Likes

…or TFA Raisin. :scream:

2 Likes

…or TFA kona coffee.

1 Like

I was just fixing to order this. lol thanks a lot. Every company has a picture to represent each flavor and they all look amazing but no better experience than from someone who has tried it. I know we all have different taste but I really thought the raisin would be great. Then again I thought the honey would be also. lol thx

2 Likes

You should try FlavourArt’s Honey. Honey has to be measured very precisely and used super low. Only the God’s of DIY have mastered it (so you don’t have to!)

Maybe substitute your TPA for the FA in this recipe and see if you find joy …then you could try my PB&Bee

2 Likes

Thanks. Sounds like a plan. Lately I’ve just fallen in love with TFA ry4 double as a every day all day juice.

Thanks for the info. I also just started DIY and I’m having the same problem. I’m going to find what is making all my juices taste like dirty gym socks.

1 Like

Ok, I found it. After following BoDarc’s advice, I methodically tested my bases, SS and Kanthal coils and cotton. The culprit, thankfully, was the cotton. I have two types and it was the last thing I tested, thinking how much could that effect taste. Well, in this case it was huge. I got the cotton from a vendor when I bought a tank. I also have Japanese Organic cotton. The former cotton is horrible and it’s so strong it overpowers everything. The Japanese cotton is just fine.

Thanks for the guidance.

3 Likes

Thanks for the mention but this is not just my advice, this is hard won information learned from reading ELR Forums. So, Welcome to the family! Our shared motto is “Pay it Forward” …successes and failures. This is how we all learn and get better …and most importantly help others (and especially new people!) find an affordable and overall better alternative to combusting tobacco.

In this realm, Common Sense and some good old-fashioned Science hold sway. “Process of elimination” is an important part of your DIY journey, to include hardware and recipes. Thanks for the feedback because those yet to join will see where they have landed, and can adopt a similar positive DIY attitude for themselves and others. Congrats on finding the problem!

I had a few poorly repackaged 10ml flavors in my first order (did not taste close to correct!) and it almost stopped me from DIY. There is no curse. There is something at fault. Seek and ye shall find. Nothing is lost or hidden …it simply lives where we refuse to look. …and nothing feels better than finding it.

4 Likes

Havent gotten into mixing yet, but is my next endevor since premium juice is burning a hole in my pockets. After skimming through comments and seeing lots of strawberry comments. I recently tried a juice at a shop called Fresh cut strawberries, or maybe Cut strawberries. It tasted identical to a real strawberrys it was quite impressive. i cant really remember which or the brand but you may be able to find it in a Google search and look for a clone to give you an idea for a spot on strawberry. Hope this helps!