Favorite quotes

Two may talk together under the same roof for many years, yet never really meet; and two others at first speech are old friends.
MARY CATHERWOOD

7 Likes

Is there still a ‘fatwa’ out on him?

3 Likes

I believe so @TorturedZen. And …

3 Likes

Yeah, I thought so. That was pretty retarded trying to take out a target with a knife while he’s on stage, with an audience watching! I guess those Islamists don’t believe in being covert or efficient (sniper). :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Pretty risky to talk out loud in 2022 ehhh ?

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you’re 555 I’m ___

2 Likes

Ha, and a dog would know that better than us humans :wink:

5 Likes

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
JAPANESE PROVERB

13 Likes

One that I hear quite regularly …

“They’re on our right, they’re on our left, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us; they can’t get away from us this time.”

– Col. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC

9 Likes

Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
JAMES JOYCE

11 Likes

13 Likes

14968_488096214573980_641446723_n

11 Likes

13 Likes

@Mark_Turner I have never heard that quote before, but it’s PERFECT. Apparently, @ThomasSowell has MANY more …

10 Likes

I find Thomas Sowell to be bluntly accurate in his assessment of our current socio/economic climate. Delighted you took the time to do a search. The cruel truth is, We do want villains to hate and Heroes to cheer for. But many won’t look themselves in the mirror. And take responsibility for their own actions or inactions. Type of things that we could do to a make positive change for others. My Dad used to call that passing the buck.

11 Likes

Thomas Sowell has written many books and every one of them is worth reading. He’s one of those guys that those who disagree with him will never debate him, so they marginalize him. It’s why so few know that he’s one of the most brilliant thinkers of the last 50 years. His “Basic Economics” should be required for all students once they hit about 12 or 13. They should be required to re-read every year throughout high school. It would teach them how to think better than most colleges do now over 4 years.

9 Likes

Pretty strong endorsement, looks like I’m going shopping…

5 Likes

Just found the digital version here and downloaded the .epub version

6 Likes

Think wrongly, if you please, but in all cases think for yourself.
DORIS LESSING

11 Likes

For those who like videos, you can watch a lot of them with Thomas Sowell on the Hoover Institution channel on utube.

2 Likes