Favorite quotes

7 Great Yogi Berra Quotes - Baer On Marketing

12 Likes

Yes, Edison was a complete and utter asshole but he never missed an opportunity. I agree with you my dear but I can’t help but too like that quote.

5 Likes

invigilate

intransitive verb

: to keep watch especially,
British : to supervise students at an examination

Nice. It’s a British thing.

5 Likes

I meant the people who made the documentary. Most talk of how wonderful Edison was but these guys/gals made a strong point of talking about the theft of Teslas work, and the elephant. I don’t ever remember science class talking about the elephant, but it was always implied that Tesla was the brighter of the two.

8 Likes

That’s me.

4 Likes

You’ve started me off again, I didn’t expect you to come out with that :rofl:

4 Likes

“You can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear”
My Nan lol.

7 Likes

I think it’s time to bring up catphrases:

3 Likes

Tesla was Brilliant. Way way way ahead of his time. We could have had free energy if we [humans] weren’t such greedy bastards.

The “problem” with Tesla is that he was a kind-hearted and peace-loving individual. He was taken advantage of for most of his adult life, which leads me to believe that he hated confrontation. So much so that he let Edison steal his ideas and not pay him for his work and a lot of other things. Edison, unfortunately, was not the only person to do so.

:grin: Yes it is. That’s one of the things I like about you.

9 Likes

They probably didn’t want to horrify the students.
I’m glad Tesla was acknowledged as brighter.

6 Likes

I drive passengers for a living so I really liked that one :rofl:

6 Likes

Amen to that. We could have it now but for the same reason. PM coming your way.

4 Likes

16 Likes

My own take on something I heard years ago.
The best way to convert an honest man into a criminal it to outlaw previously legal activities. (Booze, Cigarettes and Vaping)
Stew Robinson

13 Likes

17 Likes

WOW…this has been an inspiring thread that has also brought some laughter to life. Thanks to everyone for participating.

“Don’t let your idea of happiness keep you from being happy”. Thich Nhat Hanh

From a T-shirt I used to have: “Instant Asshole…Just Add Alcohol”.

14 Likes

I keep a list of “wise sayings” on my computer and believe it or not, these 2 are on that list :wink:

The only reason to advertise something is because it isn’t selling well. And there is usually good reason for that.

SmilingOgre

Knowledge is power, and without any, you have none.

SessionDrummer

Thanks for starting this thread @muth, I’ll be posting more in due course :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

13 Likes

Wow @Dardy, I’m honored.

10 Likes

A good one to keep in mind when facing an administrative nightmare:

“I do see that there is a real dilemma here. In that, while it has been government policy to regard policy as a responsibility of Ministers and administration as a responsibility of Officials, the questions of administrative policy can cause confusion between the policy of administration and the administration of policy, especially when responsibility for the administration of the policy of administration conflicts, or overlaps with, responsibility for the policy of the administration of policy.”

13 Likes

If I medicined you, you’d think a brain tumour was a birthday present.

4 Likes