Favorite quotes

Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.
PLATO

9 Likes

No wonder I’ve felt like an outcast most my life. Great quote, thanks Dardy.

4 Likes

Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn’t they’d be married too.

H. L. Mencken

9 Likes

He who is everywhere is nowhere.
Seneca

4 Likes

My whole life I felt like a fish out of water. Only recently, following some of my son’s health problems, did I understand in the depths of my soul that water or no water, the important thing is swimming and if we have to do it against the current, we shouldn’t stop; destiny has assigned us an ungrateful task and we have the heavy burden of completing it… always forward!!!

8 Likes

Exactly what I needed to hear. Thx @LagartijaNick

6 Likes

Well @muth you’re not alone for sure. :hugs:
We are few, or perhaps we believe we are few, but we are valiant; I’m only sorry to note that human beings, despite the intelligence that should distinguish them, find it easier not to use it and let themselves be carried comfortably by the current.

7 Likes

What a terrible era in which idiots govern the blind.
W. Shakespeare

8 Likes

Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is the presence of justice.
William Faulkner

5 Likes

Good people don’t need laws to tell them to act responsibly.
Plato

8 Likes

Each human life, together with its environment, is an expression of the fundamental life-force of the entire cosmos. It follows that any change in the inner life condition of a single human being can, at the deepest level of life itself, exert an influence on other human lives. And since nature and the cosmos are living entities, the waves emanating from one human life can shake the foundations of other living beings, and even affect inanimate forms of life.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

It is important to keep the promises made to friends. This is the true meaning of friendship. To become people who can do so, however, we must first learn to keep the promises we have made to ourselves.

A selection of quotes from Daisaku Ikeda’s published works on inspiration for daily living.

9 Likes

It takes something more than intelligence to act intelligently.
Fyodor Dostoyevsky

9 Likes

Don’t hate the Player, Hate the game.

the pimp.

6 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

Horrible is that time when you have to draw your sword to say that the grass is green and the snow is white.
Publius Cornelius Tacitus

9 Likes

That’s a good one. The updated version would be draw your sidearm.

6 Likes

Then that horrible time is now because we’re still arguing about it. And it doesn’t help when quantum physicists tell us that reality doesn’t exist :crazy_face:

3 Likes

When i was little, i thought salmonella was a fairy tail about fish

10 Likes

Nice to see you again

4 Likes