Favorite quotes

years after they have lost everything, optimists are frequently richer and happier than ever, while pessimists often had nothing to lose in the first place. - Dean Koontz

(yeah, I’ve been tearing through some Koontz books lately)

5 Likes

Love Koontz!

4 Likes

One day you will tell the story of how you overcame what you went through, and it will be someone else’s survival guide.
BRENE BROWN

11 Likes

Wow, that’s a great one!

6 Likes

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
Walt Disney

10 Likes

Brene Brown is awesome. Being vulnerable and learning to “lean into” adversity can be life changing (and scary as heck). Lessons learned can be helpful to others. That is why she and others are popular with some of us folks in recovery.

7 Likes

The thing to do when one feels sure that he has said or done the right thing and is condemned, is to stand still and keep quiet. If he is right, time will show it.
BOOKER T. WASHINGTON

7 Likes

“My solitude doesn’t depend on the presence or absence of people; on the contrary, I hate who steals my solitude without, in exchange, offering me true company.”
Friedrich Nietzsche

4 Likes

7 Likes

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
MAE WEST

11 Likes

Once is always enough! :joy:

4 Likes

Don’t just teach your children to read. Teach them to question what they read. Teach them to question everything. The value of an education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think.
George Carlin

10 Likes

Intelligent speeches or ideas are possible expose only to an intelligent society; in the commune, on the other hand, they are hateful because to please them it is absolutely necessary to be superficial and with a limited brain.
Arthur Schopenhauer

3 Likes

It is sad to note that these words are still all too current but we must continue to condemn war, always!

I object to war because war is the ultimate exploitation of the poor.
Martin Luther King Jr.

6 Likes

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
Albert Einstein

7 Likes

When a clown moves into a palace, he doesn’t become a king. The palace becomes a circus.
TURKISH PROVERB

9 Likes

There are times when victory or success can actually become the cause for future defeat or failure. Likewise, a defeat can become the cause for significant future victories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life loses its dynamism from the moment we lose the passion with which to live it. No matter what our age, we cannot afford to let the flame within our heart grow dim. . . . We do not become unhappy because we grow old. We become unhappy only when we grow ever more unwilling to change as we age.

A selection of quotes from Daisaku Ikeda’s published works on inspiration for daily living.

9 Likes

Life is the most difficult exam. Many people fail because they try to copy others, not realizing that everyone has a different question paper.
KIRAN BEDI

10 Likes

My philosophy is: what people say about me is none of my business.
I am who I am and I do what I do.
I expect nothing and accept everything.
And that makes life easier.
We live in a world where funerals are more important than the deceased, marriage is more important than love, appearance is more important than the soul.
We live in a packaging culture that despises the content.

Anthony Hopkins

11 Likes

“Life is short. Go ride the horse.”

R.W. Malone

10 Likes