FDA announces new restrictions on Vaping

I’ll make it even easier…click below and follow the simple instructions. Pass this on to anyone that will help the cause to save lives and livelihoods.

CASAA link:

http://cqrcengage.com/casaa/app/write-a-letter?1&engagementId=71485&ep=AAAAC2Flc0NpcGhlcjAxBv-hWyltek9gvh-RjQxJdGzaAu1i5h3co45ah5BatpWZofjnN0uH1ZPLcYfSCTq4xI6umfZuvod-JMKtoCafvDJaYmVjYQ4HeBoRiPABSCM&lp=0

1 Like

Stock up!!! That’s all I can say!!!:yum:

3 Likes

Oh yeah, forgot about the GRANDFATHER clause. Notice that the grandfather clause basically allows only equipment that was available in 2007. Guess what equipment there was in 2007. Basically the ecigs with cartridges like the tobacco companies produce. Now I ask one more time, who was this law written for, the american public, or big tobacco? The answer is clear…

4 Likes

Ringling, Thanks for posting this. Good to hear a little good news/common sense on regulation.
As for this thread, This is the first thing that came to mind when I started researching “Vaping”.
Why the Government wasn’t involved, It’s just what they do, regulate and tax at every opportunity.
It’s coming, to what degree, we’ll have to see, IMO. To be clear, I don’t like it nor agree it should happen but…
I will do like quitter1 said, STOCK UP thru this transition period.
Now don’t get me wrong and I’m sure I’ll get slammed for this post, but guess just trying to be a realist on this topic.
The politicians see another money stream for them here and I think they will see more money from 10,000 small businesses than a few feeds from “Big Tobacco”. Probably not wording it right but you get my meaning.
I’m sure they don’t want to create a black market for E-liquid. Heck there’s to many out of work Pot dealers in Colorado and Washington just rubbing their hands together ready to pounce :smiley:
I for one am glad to be involved with Vaping crowd. Just in this group, and the last few years, look at the creativity, innovation, persistence, Heck pretty cool to watch.
We will get thru it.
There’s my 2bits and I’ll get off my soapbox now.

3 Likes

Highcountry, not sure you understand. As written Big Tobacco will take over this industry because they will be the only ones that will be able to afford to adhere to the regulation. (Because of the cost) If this goes into effect as written your local vape shop will not be able to sell anything other than the cartridge on battery cig look-a-likes. Vape Shops will not be able to afford to get each juice approved by the FDA. If forced to sell the same stuff as the Smoke Shops the Vape Shops who decide to try to stay in business (Most won’t) will slowly but surely lose money and go bankrupt. They will have to start selling cigarettes and other tobacco products, in my opinion defeating the purpose, or turn into a Head Shop and basically promote drugs (Exception where pot is legal). Now if they will lax this on equipment to where say grandfather equipment up to January 1, 2015 then there would be a good chance the small business could stay in business. They would have to buy juice from the BIG BOYS because no one else has the money to get all the products passed by the FDA. A small business might even be able to sell all the DIY stuff and stay in business if only they could sell equipment to use it. Don’t think any Vape Shop can stay in business only selling juice. It’s not enough to pay the bills. They must be able to sell equipment too especially if they expect someone to buy juice from them. It’s just so hard to believe that we in the US live in a country where it’s more important to fund Tobacco companies, Heathcare providers, Insurance Companies, Drug manufacturers, and government taxation rather than fund the American people and really and truly promote health and harm reduction products. I ask this one last question, what percentage of people do you think will go back to smoking if they can no longer buy anything but the cartridge type ecigs?

1 Like

Here’s some good info. There are people who are working in our behalf with the FDA. This video also discusses other things as well. Many things we have touched on such as diacetyl, popcorn lung, alcohol in juices, caffein in juices, and a whole lot more. The video kept me interested for the full 30+ minutes. It’s a good watch so get to it…

2 Likes

Here’s more. Death to the Ecigarette as we know it…

Hi Ringling, Yes, I very much understand whats going on here. The Government has been trying to put me out of business since 1977 through taxes and regulations, they do not like small independent owner/operators.
I’ve gone from virtually wide open anything goes to, 24/7 GPS tracking, electronically documenting my every move and the most recent addition of 5 channel digital camera, including 1 in-cab.
Bottom line, you adapt.
Again, I understand, there’s nothing good going to happen when the government gets involved.
Yes we have stand and make noise.
Right now there’s a lot of “if’s” and speculation’s.

The big “if” right there is my point. It ain’t over till it’s over.
As described, it sounds like a pretty crappy situation in Denmark, but thats not us.
This is a fledgling industry here in America with huge potential. I just don’t feel that it will allow it to be squashed and lose all the potential tax income.
P.S.: hope i didn’t piss you off to much, you are my favorite poster

There is one thing I don’t understand I’ll throw out there.
Back in the 80’s, I think, when FDA deemed Nicotine needed to be regulated, which started the spiral for Big Tobacco, because, if I remember, they were able to adjust the strength of the nicotine in cigarettes.
How does that differ from Eliquid in the vaping world?

3 Likes

War on Vaping

2 Likes

Ok, I misunderstood to some degree what you were saying. As far as the taxation point though think about this. Big tobacco takes over the ecigarette industry (Monopoly), they already have a monopoly on analog tobacco. They don’t care how much government taxes Ejuice. Why, they win either way. If you don’t want to pay the high price for ejuice, you smoke. If you want to stop killing yourself and vape you pay $39.00 for 30mls of juice. It’s all win win for big tobacco… Watch War on Vaping! This guy has it wired, probably a good coil builder…LOL

Also, it would take a heck of a lot more than that to piss me off. Not really that easy to piss off to be truthful especially with debate. Not to worry, if I was pissed, I’d probably let you know it LOL. Also, thanks for the kind words (Favorite Poster).

Tip of the hat to you Ringling, I agree 100% on monopoly.
I guess I’ll wait till I hear a fat lady singing :smiley:, and keep on vaping no matter what i’m sure.
Big snow here in New Mexico, my WiFi slowed way down, try video again later.

By all means, you got to see this guy’s comments. Snow, yuck, you near Albaquerce (Forget the spelling). Have been there and really enjoyed myself. Colder than a witch’s tit at the time but still had a great time…

Lol, spelling close enough, and yes I am and yes it is.
'Tis the season I guess. C’mon summer!!!

Boy do I agree there, it ain’t warm in Texas either. Luckily it is supposed to warm up again for a few days on Sunday but looks like another cold front by Thursday. Come on summer!!!

Basically to sum it all up. Vaping is going to be as costly, if not more so than analogs and your choices will be very limited. I really think they want to steal the vape biz and run us all back to the analogs because they will be cheaper. Vaping is going to end up being for those who can afford it. I know when I started vaping there was an initial investment and once I was set up, I could see the savings. After this all goes through that initial investment more than likely will QUARDRUPLE if not more for inferior devices and greatly reducing analog users converting to vaping. They obviously want us all to DIE!!!

If we die they can’t get our money lol??? Isn’t that what it really all comes down to???

Haven’t heard of inheritance tax huh. If you actually have some money, they will get their cut from the heirs, and, not pay social security. It’s all win, win…

I’ll just spend all mine on STUFF than!!! Ha-ha!

1 Like

So if the FDA is going to push all the regulations. I wonder if you still will be able to purchase the DIY supplies without having to have a business license and how much will the prices of the DIY supplies be affected by the new regulations. Hopefully after all said and done hopefully we will still be able to do DIY for personal use. Also not cost you a arm and a leg to do so.

1 Like

I’m sure the fda will try to regulate everything.So I am stocking up on rebuilding materials and flavors to make my own juice.Its such a shame shame that the government has to be so greedy and punish people for trying to get off a bad thing.I fly radio controlled helicopters and quads.Their also trying to crush that.