FDA approves first E-cig

Owned by big tobacco of course.

19 Likes

Hallelujah!!!
About time.

6 Likes

Tobacco Flavor only though…So big T plus tobacco flave only Im glad I know how to mix . At least there is something to help others get off the :smoking:

9 Likes

It’s a start, at least.

6 Likes

I agree. Hope it doesn’t stop with this.

6 Likes

Though I’ve said it before, it’s nice to currently be under the NHS: where a cost/benefit analysis is applied to health. The US approves its first device and the UK has our health service giving device selection advice.

6 Likes

Someone linked me an article about this, and my first thought was, “I’ll bet what the FDA approves is made by Big Tobacco.” Sure enough, R.J. Reynolds’ was in like the next sentence. SMH

I do have to say I was surprised RJR did try to get flavors approved, which the FDA turned down. Still, it’s progress I wasn’t expecting to see by the FDA considering how much they’ve fought e-cigs. Now, if only they’d get over their issue w/ flavors, more people can quit cigs :smoking:

7 Likes

I’m glad it was approved, but truly sad it is big tobacco. I made a commitment when I started vaping I would not buy any vaping product owned by big tobacco. My hope is we continue to have options that are not connected with big tobacco, otherwise I am screwed.

8 Likes

I predict the only products likely to be approved will come from big tobacco… Vuse, Juul, Blu and any other BT offerings
Nuff said…

6 Likes

Got to agree. Big tobacco has been dealing with the FDA for decades and have learned to write an application.

5 Likes

Dont buy Purilium Flavors
…

6 Likes

The FDA would approve E-cigs if we paid them off as Big T does.

The only thing they care about is money and not one thing more.

6 Likes

Fixed it for you. :wink:

6 Likes

Well! That’s new.
Had no idea. Where’d you hear that?

3 Likes

They are owned by Pyxus. Pyxus doesn’t make cigarettes. They are the middle man between the growers of tobacco and big tobacco. They sell the leaf to big tobacco. Seems they have other business in rolling papers ( Zig Zag) CBD’s and seed money in California flavor distribution company that was big here on ELR till they went to sell only to licensed dealer only sales.

4 Likes

people are saying “Big Tobacco is experienced when dealing with the FDA” like they haven’t been to the same circle jerk as the gooberment and big pharma… All those hands have touched each other’s dicks.

3 Likes

Don’t see a difference between BIG tobacco and any antivape group. The both donate to members of Congress. Only difference is The antivape group is using public money to do their influence where big tobacco is using profit from sale of product.

4 Likes

I’ve got a few Purilum flavors, but won’t buy more. If they are owned by big tobacco, I’ll find substitutes. Thanks for the info.

8 Likes

It makes sense since RJR already knows the “pay to play” policy. I always said, as soon as they can figure out how to tax the crap out of vaping, it will stop being such a deadly vice.

5 Likes

DIdn’t know, now I do.

If I had any Puriliums, they’d be going down the drain in protest.

3 Likes