FDA moves one step closer

Please merge or delete if thus article is already been posted

5 Likes

This is a lot better than some of us expected. No overall flavor ban, just making it harder for minors to get their hands on flavored vape products. As good as we could have hoped for IMO.
FDA’s official press announcement: https://vaportechnology.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=55d285d36cf09fd823bb068a0&id=6f5b5a04dd&e=ff21195559

4 Likes

i think this is the start of it , soon they will come after our nicotine …

2 Likes

Absolutely no offense meant so please forgive me, but this phrase is the same as “at least they didn’t come for me”.

2 Likes

No offense meant, so forgive me too, but your statement is ridiculous. At least try to explain why you think that.
I meant exactly what I said, no more, no less. Under the circumstances it’s as good we could have hoped for, undoubtedly could have been much worse. Is it perfect? Of course not, but as good as we could have hoped for.
As for speculating about the future, well that’s just speculation, but my guess is that the final outcome for vaping will be much better than many of us expect.
They “came for” underage sales, is that such a bad thing?

2 Likes

Ok, lets say I own small independent convenience store in a lower income neighborhood, I sell those items within the legal guidelines, a profitable part of my income is so derived. My sales now suffer because I can not suppling a demand. Apathy and strong arm government now took money out of my kids mouth thank you.

3 Likes

That law is already on the books. Yea the method is BAD

3 Likes

IDK Im lucky no kids here.

It’s unfortunate but If you have teens come into your store everyday all day long eyeing the e-cigs looking like they are leaving with some whether or not you sell it to them… Im sure some would prefer to sell rather then being beaten and robbed. But probably happens WAY less then parents buying them to support their kids habits.

As far as rights are concerned everyone still has the right to safety and the pursuit of happiness in the privacy in their own home. If parents want to support their kids habits no one is stopping them, suppose it’s better then having your kid aressted.

2 Likes

I feel your pain on a personal level, but believe that the decision the FDA made is as good as vaping as a whole could have hoped for, or at minimum no where near as bad as it could have been.
We all know that the dishonest, non caring convenience stores have always been the place for minors to get stuff they shouldn’t have. It’s a shame that the honest, law abiding businesses like yours have to suffer because of that, especially as they are still allowed to sell cigs and alcohol, which we all know are much worse than vape products.
But it’s better than an overall flavor ban that would have destroyed the entire vaping industry.

4 Likes

Isn’t that a shame that your rights only extend in your own home, Actually that right is only a man made legislated right, easily denied, taken away or forfeited if you do not comply with the norms of the mob law.

2 Likes

Yes I get ya, as long as its good enough for you, to bad sorry for those that suffer. I don’t expect you to see my point or care, and honestly these regulations and law effects me not. I do not own a small convenience store. I am a retired Law Enforcement Officer of 26 years and now own and run a Private Detective Agency. I still hate to see others suffer for bull shit propaganda, fear mongering and g.d forbid stepping on someones sensitivity. Shalom

3 Likes

You are way out of order to accuse me of not caring for those who suffer!
You have no idea whatsoever who I am, what I care about, and my level of compassion for those who suffer.
We all knew that people were going to get hurt by the FDA, the less people hurt the better, no?
Does that mean I don’t feel for those affected, NO.
Again, you are way out of order!
Shalom

3 Likes

Yes kids like flavors same as us but that isn’t why they vape, they vape for the same reasons we smoked when we were kids. Someone told them/us not to.

6 Likes

A wink is your response? Wow!

2 Likes

How would you like me to respond I never said you didn’t care, I said

I said as long as it good enough for you, to bad sorry for those that suffer,

I’m not upset, we disagree that is all, fortunate for you, your way of thinking won the day it may not down the road. See what I meant about offending the sensitive.

1 Like

“as long as its good enough for you, to bad sorry for those that suffer”
That totally implies that I don’t care or feel for others.

2 Likes

Read into as you like, evidently my writing skill do not match your superior comprehensions skills. The only intended reference was MY not caring if you see my point. Way to much drama and no need in spoiling the thread. I apologize for what ever misunderstanding there may have been. carry on vape away while you can I sure will.

2 Likes

If you meant your not caring you would have said me, but you didn’t you said “you”, which undoubtedly refers to me as it was me that you replied to.

1 Like

7 Likes

Whats scary is other places around the world.

7 Likes