FDA Prepares to Close the Door on Nicotine

They would probably steal my nicotine and ship me to Russia.

Do you know what would happen if it were you? :wink:

It wouldn’t… I have plenty nic stocked up for the next 20 years and by then (or when it goes bad) I’ll find some other way :smiley:

2 Likes

It varies from country to country, but the general rule is that if it is bought legally in another EU country with vat and everything, then it is also legal for you to import it, even if it is illegal to sell in your country!

Imported from outside the EU is an entirely different matter, and some countries like Belgium, Finland and Greece has special rules when it comes to nicotine, e-juice and vape gear, where you can get some rather high fines.

You might want to check out this list of countries that allow cross-border sales of e-cigarettes:

5 Likes

Thank you for the link! :open_mouth:

I really hope you’re right about this…
Are you also located in EU? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, in Denmark … and so do I :wink:
The information aren’t easily available, I don’t even think most custom officers know the actual rules, but I do remember reading a local article about it, when the TPD first came into effect, and that was what the article said - But remember, just because this is true for Denmark then it might not be true for your country!

2 Likes

Me too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Every time i’ve tried to research the danish TPD rules the 20mg/ml and 10ml bottle rule come up.
So i didn’t think importing 100ml 100mg/ml was legal anymore because of those two rules?

He he, det er ellers ikke mange danskere man støder på her :smiley:

I was trying to find the article I was thinking of, but no such luck.
But I am almost 100% certain that you can’t get any fines, I am also 75% certain that they can’t confiscate the nicotine, and I’m 100% certain that the chance that a package from e.g. Spain will be checked at customs is very low, especially if delivered by truck and not air.

Edit: Remember that the rules state that it is illegal to sell this, not to buy or use it.

1 Like

Yep. If I recall, some of the compounds formed when burning cigarette tobacco combine to make rudimentary antidepressants(Look up MAOI in cigarette smoke). It’s not coming off the nicotine that’s a bastard, it’s all of the other crap you’ve gotta flush out of your system. I’ll be 4-years tobacco free in May, and I still have an odd craving now and again-Particularly when stress levels are high.

6 Likes

I attest to that :100:% & to include oxys,Coke & meth !!

6 Likes

And therein lies the problem, other EU countries have the same rules so no way you can buy it in another EU country.

3 Likes

:wink:

How could you possibly know i would import from Spain? Does everyone in Europe buy nicotine from Pinkmule? :laughing:

This is of course, what they want me to forget! :wink:

Don’t let Suomynona catch you say that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I really wish they’d stop classifying vaping as a tobacco product. I know it won’t happen, as it makes regulations etc. easier to get through, but it’s just… not… The only common theme is nicotine.

3 Likes

Just reading some fun facts

Nicotine
Nicotine is an alkaloid found in the nightshade family of plants (Solanaceae), predominantly in tobacco, and in lower quantities in tomato, potato, eggplant (aubergine), and green pepper.

Nicotine alkaloids are also found in the leaves of the coca plant.

If a warning label is put on everything that contains nicotine. I be funny to see grocery store with

In the produce section or in restaurant menus when looking at salads or baked potato

10 Likes

So, there will be a standard quantity of nicotine put in the cigarette and FDA will decide on that whether the users can put additional e nicotine in their cigarettes or not. Well. This is not that promising because people have their own rules about nicotine consumption, some like it less and some like it more, else they do not feel satisfied. I do not see this is a good attempt by the FDA and it should not be done this way because nicotine is not addictive, but other forms of drugs are more addictive and they should take steps in controlling that rather than controlling the nicotine levels in our cigarettes.

1 Like