[Feature Request] Recipe Search General Feedback

Hi folks,

This might already be possible and I just don’t know how to do it.

When I do any kind of search on flavours, many many recipes come up. Many of them are not really very good, in the sense that they maybe just a one shot etc of one of the flavours I have. I do these as well but keep them private!!! If I do the search again say a day or so later these same recipes would come up again.

It would be great if there was a button that you could click when you go into a recipe to be able to hide it and you wouldn’t see it again. It may be good to have the button stop it coming up until it is amended or something.

I’m not trying to be nasty but as the site gets bigger and bigger the amount of rubbish may get larger and potentially hide the good stuff if you have to wade through the not so good stuff to find it.

2 Likes

I’m not quite sure if this is what you’re looking for, but by clicking each tab will give you a ascending and descending view of “What can I Make” from your flavor stash.

It works the same on the main forum.

My most common search is by “Ratings”.

1 Like

Hi @Pro_Vapes. Not really.

It does help to an extent but there could be new recipes that are really good and have no comments or ratings and they would still be in amongst the trash.

I would love to be able to click a button and remove a certain recipe from any search. It should be quite easy as every recipe has its own identifier.

I’m not trying to be nasty about other folks recipes but there seems to be a glut of single flavour recipes which for me are not really that relevant cause I can work that out for myself. Lol!!!

2 Likes

For that, you can just check “Hide single flavor recipes” :slight_smile:

I see your point, and I will consider it - but there are many other features I want to implement first :wink:

1 Like

I fully understand and I’ll check that box it will help a lot.

It’s just a wish list thing for me rather than a do or die anyway. I just feel it would help as the amount of recipes is only going to get bigger and bigger and it might be an easier way for users to manage what they see. I am maybe not using the database properly anyway. I do quite a lot of one shot types of things but keep them all private for my own usage as I don’t think they would add much to the public view. I have only added one recipe as public but only did after I had made it and steeped it and vaped it do that I could put comments about it for folks information.

Anyway I’m going on a bit. I appreciate you considering my suggestion if you ever get time. I fully appreciate there’s much more important things to be getting on with.

Also under the “nice to have” but not essential would be a combo of the what can I make and the search by flavor stash. Like a way to filter the “What Can I Make” results to just recipes that have FA Joy (for example) in the ingredients.

4 Likes

You can get all of the recipes for FA Joy now.
Go to FA Joy’s page, scroll down to ‘RECIPES’ and click to open it up and
get the list of recipes!
FA Joy Page

1 Like

Yes, but that’s ALL the recipes, isn’t it? It doesn’t filter it by “What Can I Make”. I mean I can usually come up with substitutions, so it’s not a big deal, but it would be nifty.

1 Like

Yep, it’s on my list :slight_smile:

2 Likes