[Feature Request] What can I make/search by flavor stash

I’ve never entered flavors into my stash, they always automatically went to stash when I used it in a recipe.
So I made “My Master In Stock Inventory Recipe”, (154 flavors) hoping that would solve my stash issues.
Didn’t.
Then realized when I adapted a recipe with flavors I didn’t have it put those in my stash also. So started making sure I change adapted recipes flavor to my in stock flavors, to straight stash out. If that make any sense.

Your right stash still doesn’t match my in stock inventory list. So who know. Programmers will figure it out on day.

It used to add flavors automatically when you used them in a recipe or adapted a recipe, but daath removed that function by popular request. You have to add them manually now.

If you decide you want to, one of the best ways is to find people you know have lots of flavors you have (that are entered correctly) and just add from their stash. You can click on each flavor and click the “Add to Stash” button at the top of the page. Alternately, you can use the flavor list, input a few letters of each word, and sort by recipes or go to your flavor stash and start typing flavors into the “add flavor” box. That last option is my least favorite because it’s easy to get the wrong one if you’re not careful or 100% sure of how to input it.

1 Like

No worries I took it as humor (looking at all those emojis) …but then I’m kinda dense

{{Group hugs})

1 Like

Not mad then, just all of a sudden it made sense. Frustrated.
It’s all good though.

Tonight’s a new day and I got a pocket full of I don’t give a poo.

1 Like

Poor @Voodoobrew! Your thread got blown up. As you see, how you enter your flavors builds the database we all use. If you were actually using the Recipe Calculator and entering Juicy Peach (TPA) that would add 1 click (like a vote) to the database of flavors that others search later. You may have noticed that the single flavor “Juicy Peach” search returns 32 different results just for Juicy Peach (TPA) Every possible way to change case, one has a single ", multiple other misspellings, and every conceivable rearrangement of Peach (Juicy) (Vendor)

While the “What can I make” is super cool as a concept, the basis is as random as the members on ELR and their ability to type. One solution for you is to actually click all 32 in that list (showing at least one recipe) and see if you can get traction on a recipe. The solution starts with each of us entering flavors with the strictest care …or there’s no hope or right to complain.

My suggestion to add your one flavor multiple times in your “Flavor Stash” might work as the “What Can I make” will then also search the (TPA) Peach (Juicy) or other incorrectly added flavors with 100+ recipes. Just don’t enter it into the Recipe Calculator any other way than “Juicy Peach (TPA)”

…looks at @JoJo; is that correct? I’m checking again (cutting/pasting for accuracy) so these are exact

Peach (juicy) (TPA) has 28 recipes
Juicy peach TFA has 81 recipes
(TPA) Peach (Juicy) has 276 recipes
Juicy Peach has 112 recipes

There are some flavors that may be close enough to substitute like…
DX Peach (Juicy) (TPA) has 267 recipes
Juicy Peach (Cap) has 2765 recipes
Juicy Peach (Hangsen) has 61 recipes

I don’t have that many flavors and I gave up on “What Can I make” quickly. The folks in this thread would be glad to give you advice on substituting Juicy Peach (CAP) in a recipe. We all know this can be daunting. I am notorious for the TL:DR but for your question there was no simple answer …stick around it gets waaay better, plus see how nice we all are? :grimacing:

he gone

2 Likes

The search function searches more than just titles so typing a flavor into the search will bring up more than just recipes that are titled that.

You could do this, but in the end you’re really making more work for yourself than is necessary. As duplicates are reported, they’re merged into the ‘real’ flavor anyway. For some flavors, this may get you more results, but for most it’s better just to use the right one. I dupe checked a flavor the other day and there were something like 60 dupes for it. I don’t know about you, but I’m not adding 60 wrong flavors on the off chance I might get a dozen or so more results.

I could be way off base, but I still think the point the OP was trying to make was not that they wanted to find recipes that contained a flavor, that is easy enough to do. I think they want to find recipes they can make (ie they have ALL the flavors for) but that also contains a certain flavor. Like clicking what can I make, and then being able to narrow that down to just “What can I make” that contains “Juicy Peach (TPA)”. Am I understanding correctly, @Voodoobrew?

3 Likes

This would help expand results given when using the what can i make feature, sure, but also is only perpetuating the problem of wrong entries in the flavor database, the more commonly used it is “wrong” the less likely it is to be corrected or caught by others to flag.

That is what I am under the impression he is wanting, also. And yes, that would be quite nice of a feature indeed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes JoJo that is correct.

Everyone’s patience is appreciated. I was simply trying to go with what is already here …which technically is off-topic as this thread’s subjectline is “Feature Requested”.

Programatically speaking, when you click “What Can I Make” a simple query is generated selecting all your Flavor Stash line items. To enable the Change Request; change the query via a checkbox option which limits the search to “must contain item checked” The SQL command would be something like SELECT the checked flavor AND list the remaining flavors

1 Like