[Feature Request] What can I make/search by flavor stash

Something in between “what can I make” and “search by flavor stash”.
I would Like to know what recipes I can make using Juicy Peach (TPA) for example.
Juicy Peach may or may not be in the title of the recipe so that search is out.
Search by flavor stash returns recipes for which I am missing flavors.

So I need to sort through 15748 flavors to see what 14 mixes I can make?

1 Like

Put juicy peach in the recipe search, the recipes that pop up should have several with different peach recipes and some will have juicy peach and some will have other brand peach in them.

Click the rating column and highest rated recipes will be on top.

I don’t care what they are rated if it is made with flavors I don’t have.

1 Like

This comes up with recipes with juicy peach yes, but also ingredients I don’t have.

1 Like

Again I’m not looking for what recipes can be made with juicy peach,
I am looking for what recipes “I” can make with juicy peach.
There is a big difference.

1 Like

The default setting for this site is when you click a link it does not open in a new tab. Change that first so we can precede and you can not be forever frustrated clicking links here :wink: In the upper right click your own Avatar icon. Immediately under in the menu that drops down click the little gear icon for “Settings”. Way down at the bottom of the page that loads your personal options, put a check in the box for “Open all external links in a new tab” Click the “Save Changes” button. Trust me this will make it easier for you to do both the Flavor/Recipe side of this site and the Forum side at the same time (multiple tabs!).

Now scroll to the very top of that same page and click the “Resource page” (blue link) and then click at the top of that page “Resources”. In the menu that drops down choose “Flavor List” You will now notice there are more than one search category, Flavors and Recipes.

Next concept is that thousands of people have added flavors to their flavor stash which builds this list for the site. If they were lazy or new or just uninformed they may have entered Juicy Peach 20 different ways, this makes what you want to do difficult but not impossible. The correct naming convention is Flavor (Vendor) Search for Juicy peach. You will notice multiple results. More hits (displays on the right) equal more recipes. Choose “(TPA) Peach (Juicy)” because that’s the 99% majority. When adding to your personal Flavor Stash enter it the same way or even more than once if you like. This will be common for super popular flavors like Strawberry.

Once you select your flavor (click the link) the important things to read and the results page are “Notes” and of course you’re looking for “Recipes” (bottom)

1 Like

So your the person responsible for doing this. Since when has this way been right? “(TPA) Peach (Juicy)”?
This is backwards from what I’ve read,done and been told and stupid. Please some one make up their freaking minds.
(TPA) first is not user friendly for my flavor list. I want my flavors in alphabetical order. Not in a group by manufacturers. I will continue doing it the old way, “Juicy Peach (TPA).” The right way!!! My way!! NO MORE CHANGES I CANT TAKE IT!!!:rage::rage::rage::sob::sob::sob::sob::flushed::flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

I also would love this feature. “What recipes can I make that contain Flavor A and Flavor B” would be an awesome button to see.

3 Likes

Lots of requests for this feature and it’s on the list. Until then, we work with what we’ve got and at this time it’s not possible to search “What Can I Make” for a certain flavor. I agree that it’d be a great addition!

@Ggrhauling you are correct. The proper format for flavors is Flavor Name (Company). You not only need to choose the most popular, you should also choose the one that is correct.

@BoDarc I think you’re missing the point on this one. The OP is not looking for recipes containing a certain flavor, they are looking for recipes with a certain flavor that contain only other flavors they have in their stash. At present, that’s not possible. Also, the Peach you linked is not the most popular one. The one that should be chosen is Juicy Peach (TPA) as it is both correctly formatted and the most popular.

4 Likes

@JoJo as always you are correct!

2 Likes

You know a girl just loves to hear that. :wink: Not trying to be all preachy (haha get it, like peachy…no? ok…), just wanna make sure everyone knows. Helps keep some of the work of maintaining the database off the shoulders of the flavor database fairies. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This is being worked on I have heard.

Thank you for the info everyone.
I will try to be patient.

1 Like

How is this? My math is saying otherwise.
I show
“Juicy Peach (TPA)” with 15751 recipes
“Juicy Peach (CAP)” with 2765 recipes
“(TPA) Peach (Juicy)” only having 272 recipes.

2 Likes

Hey it was late and my view was hampered by my typing/reply window [insert other excuses here]

3 Likes

Questions are always good.

We are in the same boat…finding recpies and not having all the flavors.

That last why I call it an inspiration point. Find the best 2-4 recpies you think you will like and see if you can get creative. You gotta read all the flavor notes when trying to adapte.

For me it was not having tiramisu FA. Until I got it in I used odd combinations of cocoa/cookie/caramel/Vienna cream to get a recipie to work.

The more experiments you do the more knowledge you develop. The more knowledge you have the easier it is to use what you have and get great results.

And by the way…when I got tiramisu FA in I just added to the mix and even left the cookie in. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

hehehhe apologies. The power of ELR is all the massive input, and the weakness of ELR is all the massive input. The tweaks necessary (merging flavors) likely will have unintended consequences. Possibly the best example is freaking Strawberry (TPA). If you go to Vendor sites it is also known as “Red Touch” Strawberry. Then there’s the other 30 Strawberrys (Vendors and types)

Other flavors have changed names. TFA = TPA. FA and TFA are just too close, visually (making TPA the best choice). My BCV repackaged 10ml flavors say large “FA” with a tiny “The Flavor Apprentice” (TPA damnit!). This was all confusing when I started but I drilled until I found the answer. There is no substitute for doing your homework.

Plus I have you guys to point out my mistakes and The Fixer to make it all Peachy.

2 Likes

As you said it was late and I too shot off, sorry…sorry,
However, yesterday, making my monthly recipes, every time I entered a common flavor and hit the right flavor from drop down window it would put backwards. Never had this problem before. So after having to type simple flavors into every freaking recipe every freaking time all freaking day I finally finished. Decided I’d catch up on the forum and BAM-it!!! Up pops your post and I placed every problem I’d had all day long on YOU!
Sorry, please feel the love brother. Wrong place wrong time.
Sorry folks but entering flavors into your recipes correctly is the root of many other resourses this site provides and lately the users have destroyed these resources by not doing correctly.
Why? I don’t know? But I have little education (as y’all can see by my writing abilities) , but this ain’t that hard.

1 Like

If you’ve got it right in your stash, it should put that one at the top of the list when you go to type it in when adding it to a recipe. Can’t promise that works 100% of the time, but it usually does.

1 Like