Fig Fresh (FA)

I’m a huge fig lover. In my yard stands a HUGE fig tree that looks like it belongs in some paradise scene, so when I say that I’m in love with this flavor, that is saying a lot! This fig flavor tastes like I just plucked a fig off my tree and ate it (and yes I have done that with the real thing). I’m not sure how they pulled this one off but it really is delicious. 1.75% was my sweet spot in testing. It does even better when pushed with a little apple (but then so do my fig preserves). If you’re looking for a spot on fig, to me this is it. Yes it can be pushed into a Fig Newton flavor but give it a try single testing first and see what I’m talking about.

11 Likes

It’s one of my Favorites for sure. I know you didn’t ask but here is a fig recipe that is outa dis world. Made by @DarthVapor

6 Likes

I am so jealous right now. Figs are amazing :drooling_face:

Is FA’s fig better than FLV’s? I might as well just dump it on my shopping list then. 1 more or less is not going to kill me worse. I’ve got a very decent sweet fig from Aromea too (very thick and decadent in your face flavor, not something that hides in the back), not sure if you get get your hands on that, it’s a French brand I think.

3 Likes

Isn’t everything better than Flavorah?:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I dunno… sometimes is it, sometimes it’s not. I absolutely couldn’t do with the FLV vanilla custard but for apricot I prefer FA. It’s like with all manufacturers, some concentrates are better, others not as good.

2 Likes

I have never managed to get fig out of any of the fig concentrates I own; I also made the mistake of buying a 100 ml bottle of the stuff from fa when I started.
Have not played with Solubarome yet. Will have the revisit the flavorahs, and give another go at your figs I you share them.

3 Likes

Actually… not… :slight_smile:
I like both the fig and sweet fig… and between the 2… there are differences… there are other companies out with fig… but not like flv :smiley:

3 Likes

I have to agree with Smoky. FLV Fig is pretty damn good.

2 Likes

My figgy newton

My Straw Figs

and my bread pudding…

can’t stick around long… been busy all day! :smiley:

2 Likes

I use it in a recipe thought up by Cheeba Steeba on ELR. All FLV. Simple recipe but very good. It’s a Cavendish, Fig, ALpine Strawberry and Apple Filling mix. I would post it but I can barely log in half the time so there’s that.

1 Like

I’ve never tried FLV’s version :smiley: I’m a huge fig fan too I’d send you a photo but right now all the figs are gone :frowning:

2 Likes

This is the one I did with Fig (FA) https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3332231/TOC'S%20Fig%20Cookie

TOC’S Fig Cookie : https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3332231/TOC’S%20Fig%20Cookie

2.00% Apple (Stark) (FA)
1.75% Fig Fresh (Fico) (FA)
0.50% Golden Butter (CAP)
2.00% Nonna’s Cake (FA)
1.00% SugarDaddy (Reg) (Rick’s)
3.00% Vanilla Custard (CAP)
2.00% Zeppola (FA)

Flavor total: 12.25%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/xDRC

2 Likes

@authormichellehughes WELL, it appears as if we have MORE in common than I once thought. I too, have figs, AND, happen to LOVE some Fig Vape. I actually DON’T have FA’s flavor, but now I’m going to add it to the cart for sure.

I can HIGHLY recommend MF Fig, as I cannot stress exactly HOW good it is. Just assume super kick ass, and X100 for a pretty accurate assessment. If you dare, now that I know how you feel, you won’t be disappointed.

Fig (MF) 1% (8-21-18) – Fig baby FIG !!! There was NO other way to start this flavor review, than that. I have the luxury of having a fig tree in the yard, so I’m very used to the taste of fresh figs. Have never vaped it before now, but I think this one is going to change that. Realizing these are natural flavors, the fact that this IS a spot on Fig flavor should be no surprise, but the fact that it is so good, actually is. It perfectly captures and conveys the fig body, and almost the seeds too. Tastes like a perfectly ripe fig fresh off the tree. I almost ran out to the fig tree to compare, but I couldn’t put the tank down. For comparison it was seemingly quite a bit more present than the Morello Cherry, but fell slightly behind the Honeydew Melon in strength. The sweetness, body, flavor, and overall blending was perfect, and the dark, almost malty-ish notes were perfectly presented in this gem. This one was priced higher on MF’s site @ $41.00 / 15ml as opposed to the more common @ $22.00 / 15ml, but after tasting this, it is worth every bit of that. I may have to buy the BIG bottle of this one. If you are looking for Fig, this is where you find it, and in spades. No faults whatsoever with this one, in any way. Strength, sweetness, profile, with nothing artificial, you cannot go wrong with this one. Think you don’t like Fig, you better try this one first. No choice but 10/10 on this one.

As IS the case with mostly all of the MF flavors, they are very strong, all natural, and more expensive PER bottle, but when you factor in the low low low usage, it’s not very much at all.

2 Likes

Love it!!! How can you go wrong with delicious figs… I’m tempted now to do the MF … right now I’ve very happy with the FA version which I’ll be honest I was surprised at the reality … Fig Lover for life!!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

I use fa fig fresh at .25-.5% to help flesh out peach flavors, especially helps with cap yellow peach, haven’t really used it outside of that though

4 Likes

that’s a great idea!!!

4 Likes

Nice. May I ask what kind of figs? I want a fig tree. I love me some figs but I am sure I have never tasted a “fresh” fig though. I think that would be a lovely experience.

3 Likes

If climate allows, I would go for the small green Mediterranean figs, so much better than the plumper dark ones.
The warmer, the better. You get the best fruits from the half dead trees.

2 Likes

this is my fig tree Dan (and yeah this was five minutes ago and it’s obviously not growing figs right now) not sure what kind it is but thousands of figs every year

3 Likes