Filter out years, in a ELR Flavour Search?

Hey Guys, is there a way I could filter out years in a flavour search? So as an example - can I search for a “Custard” but only show results of what was used in recipes this year?

Below is an image of something I tried doing - obviously this didnt work, but surely there is a way! See what I did there in the URL (highlighted in yellow)

7 Likes

@daath will be the best person to answer this …Maybe if its not an option Lars czn add it ??

5 Likes

I sent Mr Lars a msg on fb - but he hasnt responded yet. Then I thought, if there is a way to do this on the application without a SQL query, that would be the better option. Thanks for tagging @daath

6 Likes

That’s a great idea.

3 Likes

Thanks @natbone - I also think it would spark meaningful conversation about what is currently being used. I dont mind if its done in the URL (rudimentary) even.

4 Likes

Well there are two filters on searches which do the job well. I don’t think @daath needs to add anything.

3 Likes

You can filter the results of a flavor search by sorting the date field. Default is the most current recipe containing your flavor.

Scroll down to this…

Click the Time column to sort from latest to earliest.

Is this what you wanted?

9 Likes

I believe he wanted to sort out let’s say recipes in the last 3 years (so only those would be shown when pressed by ‘rating’). Personally i never look older recipes (doesn’t mean they are not great, but with so many new and much better flavors which i was able to get now, while not having all those old ones, this makes sense; rating by ‘time’ is somehow useful, but not so much with more popular/used flavors in this case and/or when trying to find out 15 best rated recipes in let say last 2 or 3 years). I asked this same question about two years ago and it was not possible back then (meaning it’s not possible now). I believe it would be quite useful addition for mixers.

8 Likes

Oh well. Shot in the dark.

No, not possible that I’m aware of.

8 Likes

Brah… Awesome idea!!

5 Likes

Yup, you nailed it. We have the same thoughts around a feature like this. Spot on. :partying_face:

When you had this discussion in the past, was it about creating a filter application feature? Or did you guys look at alternative methods like how I suggested it could maybe work in the URL?

4 Likes

Thx. We haven’t spent time on that, we move on (i had filters in mind, no idea how would that work in the URL without filters; could it be done somehow?). Pls share it if you find out, it may help lots of mixers.

5 Likes