Finally I did a video on how I do my taste tests

That’s pretty cool!

4 Likes

I subscribed for future giveaways, but only for the giveaways

6 Likes

I knew I should have added that part but it was so difficult to do it under the view finder that they came out horribly. I guess that will be my next vid. Thanks for that comment.

If anybody can remember the name of that RDA, RTA (can’t remember) that comes with a little tool to build stove tops please let me know. The thing is, they don’t call them stove tops, they call it something else. Which I got to admit is annoying. There was already a name so quit trying to change it. (small rant for manufacturers)

@anon44012888 no problem. The only issue is, nobody ever wants in on giveaways. So if your the only one to comment then you just might win. :tada::+1::wink:

8 Likes

Bookmarked for later viewing!

4 Likes

I want to say lollypop coils?
the dripper is oh snap… I need coffee!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

HA!!! The Lolly tool and the Dread RDA. Thank you very much. Lollypop got me to lolly!
$5.99

Cant find just the tool in the States. Only the Dread rda, which comes with it.
anybody happen to know where in the States to get the tool?

11 Likes

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/dread-bf-rda-by-damn-vape.html

and they have a 10pk of lolly coils… no tool

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/lolly-coils-for-dread-bf-rda-by-damn-vape-10-pack.html

I have a few drippers like yours… let me look in a bit for names that will also work with it.

You can get just the tool at the damn vapes link…

7 Likes

I have a LOTI dripper… sad to say there is no more links to purchase…
it looks like this:

then I have this one… and again… no links…

but either could fit the lolly coils, should you find the drippers :wink:

6 Likes
11 Likes

lol, you really had to dig up cokey tripper? :smiley: He always sounds like he had one too many lines…
Doesn’t look like an easy build to get them both even.

9 Likes

Hehe, I looked at MORE than I few before I stumbled across his. Figured I’d drop it like it was hot anyway.

7 Likes

I am going to go out on a limb and say those stove top coils are sick as tits.

8 Likes

He is a weird dude no doubt but I don’t understand why everybody hates him. I think we all follow him when we first start finding vape vids. LOL, at least I did. The funny thing is I actually learned stove top coils from that very video. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

He talks about break-in though. Not really a good property for flavor testing is it?

4 Likes

I haven’t watched it in years. I’ll have to watch it again to see what he means. I agree though break-in wouldn’t be conducive to flavor testing until it’s broke in. I personally haven’t noticed a break-in, unless he means glowing them.

4 Likes

No he said you have to wait until the coils are glazed / gunked before it’s broken in. It’s nearer to the end of the vid (around the 7 min mark)

4 Likes

He is right about it hitting hard but I disagree with his assessment of wanting the coils to gunk up. Even if I was using the stove-top to vape all day I wouldn’t want them to “gunk up”. For taste testing you don’t want gunk or it will ruin the test.

Normally I build a fused Clapton with 29 gauge Kanthal as the core and 38 or 40 gauge wrap then it doesn’t ramp up as fast and you get a better test but it isn’t necessary and I didn’t want to confuse anybody. Maybe I’ll do a build video using both.

7 Likes

Yeah I agree with you, gunk is not something I’d recommend either… there are a lot of things coming out of tripper’s mouth that I don’t agree with. Together with his overly acted hyper energetic mood in his videos is probably why I’m not a big fan, never have been.
Actually, I saw this video already but I saw your coils seem to be spaced (which is what I like). Trip’s version is like a stove top micro coil. So my reason for asking was to know how you do them like that :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ll do another video and hopefully have it up later or tomorrow. I find the space one work better. When they are touching its very difficult to get the hot spots out.

I could throw up the part of the vid I left out if you want to see how I do it. The coil doesn’t come out as pretty as I wanted but it works.

7 Likes

Doesn’t need to be perfect, I know working in front of a camera isn’t ideal. It’s the method that counts, not the result.

5 Likes