Finally I get a chance to squirt

I am well inclined to going on rants myself - rants are good :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That too ^

Mixing multiple creams generally gives a richer flavour of cream than using one huge dose of one or another: itā€™s not even about being overly complicated, itā€™s just a good way of ticking more creamy ā€˜boxesā€™ off for your tastebuds than trying to do it with one.

Yeah.

Same with, if I use only honey, the honey quickly gets too much, so adding a small amount and then filling the rest with Raw Sugar or Brown Sugar allows for the right level of sweetness without cloyingly over-sweetness from just the honey.

I havenā€™t used any sweetnener for a while now though: since thereā€™s sweet flavours that donā€™t ruin coils yet still make juices taste sweet they seem the better way to go.

Still dunno how that works, but the sucralose I have is gathering dust at the back the cupboard now.

3 Likes

All bitching about the suddenly relentless workload each day aside, working at the classiest heritage hotel in the blue mountains gets me all the butter shortbread biscuits I can reasonably wanna eatā€¦

Maybe that can be my next mixing project slash experimentā€¦

Iā€™ve got the biscuit and butter base and raw sugar to kick it off :thinking:

Again too, any substitute for biscuit, butter and sugar could be used so itā€™s not restricted by anyone NEEDING any specific flavour brand for, well thereā€™s nothing else to shortbread biscuits anyway: butter, flour and sugar.

Nice biscuits too: I figured theyā€™d be disgusting, being complimentary hotel shit but nope - theyā€™re very niceā€¦ nice enough for me to be grazing on 'em like a cow between rooms, or during :slight_smile:

And as incomparably hardcore as that work is compared to any commercial cleaning gigs Iā€™ve done, itā€™s soooo nice to have a job that starts at 9:30AM: no trying to get to bed by 8:00PM then being held awake by insomnia knowing Iā€™ve gotta get up at 3:00AM no matter how little sleep I get or how long I lay awake thinking about NOT being asleepā€¦

6:00AM my alarmā€™s now set to, and even then thatā€™s giving me 3.5 hours to get my arse fully awake and functioning: if I needed to sleep-in until 8:30AM I could and still get there by 9:30.

Proper human time to be starting work.

Also, the chick manages the cleaners - my immediate supevisor - is this tiny little 5ā€™-nothing thing with light brown hair and I donā€™t know exactly why, but stick a petite, cute woman in front of me and I have no issue taking orders from her - that intrinsic desire to do what she wants comes very naturally indeed.

Iā€™ve already convinced her that rather than getting a black button-up shirt like everyone else at the Carrington wears as a uniform, Iā€™ll just buy a couple new black macpac merino thermal tops because Iā€™m seriously more comfortable in merino because "Cottonā€™s so scratchy and thick compared to ultra-fine merino" and explained how in love with the material I am.

She agreed and said thatā€™s fine.

6 Likes

Yepā€¦weā€™ve had a few around here. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

a few ?

10letters

4 Likes

Just ensure you donā€™t blow your vapour anywhere near any smoke alarms and you should be alright. I often work in a similar environment but have tailored my work setup and juice to be as discreet as possible.

I donā€™t know about your hotel but Iā€™ve certainly heard stories of the smoke alarms being set off inadvertently which immediately and automatically alerts FESA to which they HAVE to attend regardless of a false alarm or not.
I know some put those plastic shower caps over them but if you do donā€™t forget about it!
If itā€™s proven who set it off then that person is liable for all costs which I think is approximately $1500??
I canā€™t remember the exact figure but I know itā€™s well over a grand.

As I say obviously Iā€™m ignorant of all your scenarios and costs but in Perth thatā€™s what happens anyway.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s true actually, yeah the whole fuckin brigade rock up to go over the building I forgot all about those false alarm calls :smirk:

It didnā€™t happen though, and in the bathrooms at least, theyā€™ve only got an exhaust fan for steam and one those ancient little red glass sprinkler valves.

Though Iā€™m sure they have actual detectors in the rooms themselves.

4 Likes