First attempt at Custard

I made a test batch last weekend of Bilberry I liked so I wanted to take a blind stab at a custard with it.
Was wondering how the experts here would consider this recipe. When I shook bottle with thumb over top of it then licked it… mmm it tasted pretty blue berry yum. lol.

5 Likes

that bilberry is strong imo so the creams may mellow it out , i personally like a heavy cream vape , but ive learned from others that mixing too many creams with the custard mutes it , i believe that how @Ken_O_Where had put it to me , so ive been using french vanilla and MM with custard instead of doing too many or a low amount of MF vanilla and FV with custard , i like the sound of this maybe ken could help or explain mixing other creams with custard

1 Like

Thanks for the input @fidalgo_vapes… I just kinda wipped it together to get rid of my last dregs of VG before my new shipment arrives on Monday. It was bugging me that I could squeeze out one more mix with remainder lol. I did my test batch of the Bilberry with those creams and liked it and thought I could add it to something. Why not make a custard I said to self.
Maybe 'Bavarian Cream next time. I need a simple custard base to work from so I can use some new fruits I ordered like Bilberry, Strawberry Ripe, Fuji Apple, Dragon Fruit. Just getting into Fruit mixes now and I can see why Strawberry is very popular now.

Any good Custard bases around or you could suggest?

1 Like

Shakin’ and Vapin’ it right now and Bilberry is de lish. Can’t tast the custard yet. Using my new little RDA and loving this little guy. Wicking was a bitch on micro coils but I did it and it works…I’m so proud lol. Came a long way in 2 months from knowing nothing at all about vaping to RDA. I think I’m going to go and buy The Goon RDA tomorrow…couldn’t sleep last night thinking about it. Might buy some Clapton wire and attempt to wrap my own coils too. Seems simple enough.

1 Like

yes i like @Alisa custardstone and swear by her cream stone and like her cakestone damn i like her stuff lol , ive been doing different things lately with creams trying to use some stuff up , but if your getting into custards try her stone it will at least give you an idea of how some more advanced mixers mix , if ken chimes in listen to what he says , i use to go super heavy with creams and custards and wasnt getting the best results but just did a recipe called lots of nilla because i was bored its all vanillas like 9 of them, suprisingly it seems like after steeping its gonna be a good one

2 Likes

that mix isnt going to be at its fullest potential until 15 to 30 days more like 30 so if its tasty now a good long steep is gonna help a lot it doesnt surprise me the bilberry is coming through well , thats because the creams havent blended together yet time is our best friend when using creams and custard

Thanks very much @fidalgo_vapes. I too am trying to get some vanilla’s going, my flavour stash a little weak at 24 flavours right now but I’m slowly growing it. Have to stop buying vape gear lol and more flavours. Trying as well to get a killer MM going too. I’ll see if I can look up that custardstone. Thanks very much

1 Like

Will have to get this steep problem down, kept vaping everything in sight. Now with my mini RDA I use less of my stuff so hopefully I will let them go for a month.

1 Like

its funnny because i love fruits and creams right now if you able to try out any new creams find FA cream whipped its my baby right now cant stop putting it in stuff lol

2 Likes

So far the Bilberry is not overpowering but has a nice flavour for shake and vape. I am really digging this so far. Only a couple hours old and … oh my god. Smooth.

1 Like

Hmmmm. If yoU can search in the forum posts you will find my blueberry custard recip. :unicorn:

It’s there somewhere.

I’ll give you a hint. Your oh so close. Swap cap for FA custard. And add blueberry extra tpa.

And yes. Many will look and the 2% bilberry FA and say the blah blah to high. Only mix it at .25% to 1% top. That’s the secret. It’s the second peak of flavor the exists with FA. Some can’t vape it that high. But me yup I like mine there…but on a 4 week steep.

I’ll stop their.

2 Likes

Can you place link please … I just winged this one from my Bilberry recipe I enjoyed but made as a base tester when I receive my flavours a few weeks ago … I dripped this Bilberry on top of MarshMallow Vanilla Swirl both at 5 % at max VG and thought it was great… I’m gonna develop more maybe with the MM and VS and Bilberry.
Ran out of VG lol but I’m still thinking.

My best advice is to always experiment, something i dislike another may love. Ive got a couple new custard flavorings im just starting to play with, the work, i mean, fun never ends, hehe.

4 Likes

Flavour Arts is pretty good IMO most of my stuff I think is FA and TPA and a few CAP.

1 Like

The thumb to mouth taste test isn’t bad, I use it, but it isn’t always an indicator. If you like it then that is all that matters, unless of course you are making it for some one else. Anywho, it looks good to me, though I personally would take the custard up to 4. I do love my custards. As @Ken_O_Where is doing, so am I. There are always new custards to make.
:grinning:

2 Likes