First attempt NET

Following a nagging idea that I couldn’t shake off, I actually lit up half a bowl of tobacco in a pipe… Aside from coughing my spleen off, nausea and a horrid sensation that stayed with me for a good while… My God, how did I ever inhale a burning smoke… Seriously it’s absolutely DISGUSTING :dizzy_face::astonished::dizzy_face::astonished:
I owe the vaping community a lot. Life changing decision INDEED.
Ciao mates

1 Like

FWIW, using Stainless Steel (SS) single-coils (3 mm inner diameter) and Rayon wicking material and ~20% NET flavorings (by volume) that are derived from what is close to your own reported PG/Tobacco ratio - and also as well (very importantly) limiting power to a mere 5 Watts (or just a tad more, briefly at times), and scraping gunk off the (outer) surface of the coil, then cleaning the intact coil-wick assembly (once removed from my Mods) by soaking it for a few minutes (under hot running water while coil-wick is immersed in a small container) once daily - I am able to make my wicks last ~3 days (or so) before they become “fouled”, and require replacement. Rayon is cheap, so more frequent wick-replacement is easily do-able. The more that I practice at it, the easier/faster that becomes. Some folks replace daily.

The SS coils themselves hang in for a good months time or longer (the outer, and to some extent the inner, surfaces can be lightly “scraped”), usually failing only when the wire finally severs (somewhere) around the deck screw-terminals. Corrosion can increase the thermal “resistance” to heat-transfer.

Above method requires some patience (regarding slower “thermal ramp-ups” at ~5 Watts). As well, the more sugar-related molecules exist in any tobacco “casings”, the more the “browning” and the sugar “caramelization” reactions will take place (by around 160 *C), caking into wicking materials and onto coil surfaces. When wicking “blackens” beyond recovery by hot running water immersion cleaning, replace. I “burn” the coil (till glowing red at~600 *C) with VG coating outside/inside while heating (acts as solvent).

(With my SS and Rayon combo), and perhaps likely as well with other coil/wick materials, if the wick is not substantial enough to be “flush” against the inner surface of the coil, the “hot spots” that will rapidly evolve at those locations (especially where the wick enters the coil-ends, where any “gaps” lead to high coil-wick interface temperatures) will wreck all of one’s best laid plan’s, requiring nothing short of at that point re-wicking the coil, forthwith. Rayon tends to “shrink” a bit with use. I read that Cotton is just the opposite (tending to “expand” with use) ? Have only myself used Rayon, so I do not know about Cotton.

2 Likes

Meh… ya get used to it, if you want fantastic tobacco flavor. :wink: If you’re
a builder, daily wick changes and coil burns just go with the territory. If you’re using premade replaceable coils, forget NET, unless you have money to burn and an endless vendor supply of those coils.

I did that… once. :smirk:

2 Likes

Builder from day one.
I’ll take @Raven-Knightly advice using SS. SS is durable, easily cleaned, and gives no metallic taste as long as it’s not dry burnt.
I’m also looking into decreasing the concentration of the extract in the final vaping mix.
How did things go with non aromatic tobacco? Maybe I can add some of their extract to the mix.

1 Like

Cotton expands…
I’m considering rayon fiber , the only problem is that they “repackage” it here in Egypt in order to maximise profit. I’m not buying it given the current situation with the Wohan SARS virus rampaging across the community.
BTW you’re absolutely correct re SS coils, I love them.

1 Like

Nein Nein, never again. Never ever.
Smoking is a DISGUSTING, a NAUSEATING, AND a HORRIBLE experience all around.

1 Like

Good… then no issues there.

SS is optimum for a flavorless coil. I’ve used SS for years now; no other choice for me.

This might work if for you… just a decreased flavor perception, most likely. It’s the natural sugars in the leaf which causes the gunking… again, comes with the territory. But, I’ll take it! :wink:

Oh, I don’t know… maybe when I’m down the road a bit more, looking at the last short remaining years of my life… I might pick up the pipe again. I do kinda still miss using my old Peterson Ebony; :confused: … very cathartic.

2 Likes

Next for me: an e-pipe
Any recommendations?

1 Like

Where are you located on the globe (generally)?

1 Like

I’ve wanted one for a long time. However, the few which I desire are stupidly expensive. I know they are one of a kind works of art… but, damn they’re costly! I have so many more important things on which to spend my hard earned cash… it’s really hard to adult at times! Especially when I get a really bad case of Shinyitus! :laughing:

https://epipemods.com/pipes.html

2 Likes

In the “once upon a time great civilisation”, now better known as the poo chute of the world; EGYPT.

2 Likes

WTF are those prices for real?!

I’ll simply buy an oblong flattened end drip tip and imagine my set is a pipe :joy::joy:

1 Like

…told you! Champagne taste with a bottom shelf beer budget… that’s me! :laughing:

3 Likes

Success❗
5-10% in the final vape juice, adding FBN to 6mg/ml ===>> awesome vape and way less gunking of coil.

Looking forward to macerating Amphora
Cheers mate(s) :ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

Most all of my NETs have a total NET ingredient percentage of 7%, I use only whole leaf extractions and play with different strains to achieve what I want, then add flavorings to the mix and achieve great results for me. I would rather trust in my knowledge of the ingredients than spin the wheel guessing whats in the processed tin.

1 Like

Mate, I play with what’s available to me.
I have no access to whole leaf tobacco, even the relatively high quality packed tobacco is not readily available and sold in the black market at 3 times its value with no guarantee it’s not adulterated. Yeah welcome to Egypt, the poo hole of the world.

2 Likes

I understand, was just sharing my way, yours is best for you. Do they not even have loose tobacco like used in roll your own or non additive pipe tobaccos in Egypt? Just curious, as I just said your way is your way and that is what you do.

2 Likes

Oh, sorry, it seems I overheated the discussion unintentionally, my bad.
Yes loose tobacco,for rolled cigarettes, is available, however it’s of low quality. And the only company that makes it doesn’t give any details re the source of tobacco, its type, its manufacturing process… Etc. The same thing applies to pipe tobacco packets produced locally.
Lovely isn’t it?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hi NET vapers, i have tried with this tobacco but i dont know if it has chemical like cigarettes

I had base laying around 60\40 pg 6mg and i really wanted to try a net liquid because i really love the black note concentrates.

i have put 5gr of tobacco into a glass container and added 90 ml of the base. Then put it into boiled water for 15 min and let it steep for 24 hours.

next day i tried to taste it and it was perfect for me no needed to steep for weeks. after 24 hour i put it again into boiled water for 15 min to make it thinner for filtering.

i filtered 2 times with double thee bag type filter and mixed the extract 50% with the base and i was shocked of the perfect taste. ( for me ) The tobacco taste like latakia btw.

Anyways my question was if the tobacco is safe for NET and i will post pictures later if you want to see the result.

2 Likes