First Blast of Bad Weather in Michigan

It’s not something you think of when your young but damn if it ain’t the first thing as you retire and age. Healthcare needs are a priority and well it’s my livelihood so I always do a thorough check in area that interests me now…not so much as when I was younger bought land on the Big Island of Hawaii lol that was kinda a joke the area we bought was/ is so rural…it’s sold now but we also bought land in a rural area of Wa. state hmmm that was also when we were punks…there is 1 tiny tiny hosptial literally 25 beds and there is not a major one for over an hour and 1/2 I don’t believe we’ll be keeping the land either once again foolish moves from when we were younger…Now that I’m getting older I sincerely believe I will be checking all of these boxes before we buy and we won’t buy site unseen again those other 2 purchases were site unseen foolishness in our early 20’s lol

I’m from the Gulf side of FL so kinda drawn to that look of the state. The area I’m from is the forgotten coast…beautiful areas up there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=forgotten+coast&rlz=1CASMAH_enUS640US640&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=655&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjGg83Rq7jQAhUP7WMKHWaKDmoQ_AUIBygC&dpr=1#imgrc=efJE7vmZuMJ9RM%3A

1 Like

That looks an amazing place!

2 Likes

Thank you I think so too !!!

2 Likes

Going to look into that more… thank you!

2 Likes

I adore the coast and the sea - there’s something so soothing and calming about it. I’m in an area of the UK called The Midlands so am nowhere near any coasts unfortunately!

3 Likes

Strangely, we get the same lake effect snow here in Canada… but from down your way. I’m seriously wondering if Old Man Winter just hangs out in the middle of the Great Lakes and spins around blowing misery at everyone.

4 Likes

Yep. I’ve lived in 7 states in the US and I’m convinced we have the flakiest weather on earth. If you watch the wind patterns a lot of these storms are more like low wind speed hurricanes than frontal systems just coming out of the north or west.

Thank you for the pictures! Brings back fond memories of growing up in SW Michigan. As a young adult, I was the crazy guy fishing in the middle of winter where the Black River dumps into Lake Michigan.

2 Likes

Wow, Yep that’s near me!

1 Like