First diy attempt

Ok, I have mixed my first batch of my first attempt of my first recipe. Here is the specifics.

CRONUT (first variation) 10-10-20

Gravatar - by Todd M, tuesday, 08:11

Ingredient

ml

Grams

%

Nicotine juice 100 mg (100% VG)

PG dilutant

VG dilutant

Total base

Biscuit (INAWERA)

Cream Cheese Icing (LA)

Custard (Crema Pasticcera) (FA)

Dulce de Leche (TPA)

Frosted Donut (TPA)

Glazed Doughnut (CAP)

Joy (FA)

Totals

Strength: 3 mg

PG/VG-ratio: 20/80

Flavor total: 0.89 ml / 0.89g (8.9%)

I let it steep for 24 hrs, I know it has to steep longer but I wanted to get idea if I was even in the ball park. It is good, not a bad flavor at all, but I’m getting a nutty flavor that is too dominant. Now will steeping bring forth a more sweet flavor or should I try to adjust for more sweet now? And If so, what do I add to make that happen, or what do I subtract to make that happen?

Or should I just wait and give it time?

Like always any advice is much appreciated!

7 Likes

Sorry, I don’t know how to paste the recipe in properly. I could use some help with that as well.

6 Likes

@Todd_M I duplicated your recipe, and saved it as a public recipe (unchecked the box “this is a private recipe”). Then you can directly copy the URL up top in the browser of the recipe, and paste it here, which will look like:

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3761783/Cronut++Todd_M

And the forum software will parse it like this:

Or you can click the blue wrench icon, and there are a few Copy Options:

Copy as markdown (reddit):

Cronut Todd_M

Ingredient %
Biscuit (INAWERA) 1.00
Cream Cheese Icing (LA) 1.50
Custard (Crema Pasticcera) (FA) 0.50
Dulce de Leche (TPA) 1.00
Frosted Donut (TPA) 2.00
Glazed Donut (CAP) 2.50
Joy (FA) 0.40

Flavor total: 8.9%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Copy as HTML:

Cronut Todd_M

Ingredient%
Biscuit (INAWERA)1.00
Cream Cheese Icing (LA)1.50
Custard (Crema Pasticcera) (FA)0.50
Dulce de Leche (TPA)1.00
Frosted Donut (TPA)2.00
Glazed Donut (CAP)2.50
Joy (FA)0.40

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Copy as simple text:

Cronut Todd_M : Check cookies

1.00% Biscuit (INAWERA)
1.50% Cream Cheese Icing (LA)
0.50% Custard (Crema Pasticcera) (FA)
1.00% Dulce de Leche (TPA)
2.00% Frosted Donut (TPA)
2.50% Glazed Donut (CAP)
0.40% Joy (FA)

Remember to rate it at: Check cookies

10 Likes

You just hit on one of the BEST lessons about mixing. You can always add MORE, but you can’t take it OUT. If you are ever in doubt, mix lower, because you can always add more, but once it’s in the bottle, you can’t take it out. Yeah, sure, you can dump more PG and VG in there, but unless you’re careful, you’ll loose track of what you have done, so once somethings mixed too high, best way is to start over.

Unless you mixing pure fruits, you should at least give mixes 1 week to start out, many will take 2 weeks, some even longer, but 1 week should probably be the minimum.

11 Likes

Thanks for the info! I heard that you should vape a little after a day or two so that you’re not waiting on something that totally doesn’t work for you?

I’ll have to make another batch, I vaped all 10ml :grin:, like I said I was good, just too nutty. Next time I’ll wait. Not easy, not easy at all. Any advice on add some sweetness to a recipe, this one in particular?

7 Likes

Well you can, BUT, you run the risk of getting misled by something that doesn’t taste good, and giving up on it, but after a steep, actually turns out quite good.

11 Likes

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/u/SessionDrummer, Understood. I’m gonna make a 30ml batch right now, and wait.

5 Likes

Hello @Todd_M Nice help @SessionDrummer!
Todd, you’re off to a good start and the fun begins. Goes without saying everyone’s taste is different but it looks like you favor a flavor scheme along similar lines that I do. My mixing has, not sure if evolved is the right word, but has become sorted over time. When I first began I tried many flavors in small amounts, few drops of this and few of that, looking to find nuance, and maybe my palate is fried, but nuance that wasn’t there for me.

Lately I’ve come to use fewer flavors per recipe but generally in a bit larger amounts. For example, last night I made one of my current favorite that uses 2 flavors at 7% each and a third component, TPA Sweetener(Sucralose/Maltol) at 2%.(btw, the sweetness you’re looking for might be found in one of the neutral sweeteners like that.) Mixing in small batches like you’re doing is a good way to find what you like. It’s what I did also.

10 Likes

I never throw out a mix before 6 months. Amazing things can happen when you toss something in a box you think you don’t like if you just ignore it a while.

10 Likes

Hello, I’m very happy to be here, everyone is so friendly and helpful.
As far of my flavor tendencies go, I guess it’s due to my diet, I been on a low carb diet for a little over a year now (no sugar) and so vape is a way for me to enjoy my sweet tooth without my blood sugar going north. I’m not exclusive to sweet but I do enjoy a sugary dessert vape, that’s for sure.
I’ve been getting great advice here and I’ve also been watching YouTube and other sources and I heard about sweeteners, but I don’t know anything yet so any recommendations are most appreciated.

9 Likes

@Todd_M most often what happens is, when people just come over to DIY, perhaps they have already been vaping overly sweetened commercial juices, and either expect that, or try to replicate that level, and end up over sweetening their juices. Maybe for some it’s required, to slowly shift off of commercial juice, etc. As you improve, and mature in your mixing, most people cut their sweeteners down quite a bit, or remove them all together. Sure, there can be come profiles which scream for the “sugar lips” effect, but more often then not, over sweetening just gunks up your coils, and cotton, and/or in regards to EM (Cotton Candy) can mute your flavors, so less is more.

6 Likes

That’s definitely Me. I’ve been buying my e juice for forever, and I’ve been vaping my sub ohm 5ml tanks forever too. Now I’m gonna have to find a way to vape that lends itself to mixing. I’ve no experience with any other type of setup. I’m investigating RDA’s and could use some advice on what’s a good setup for someone like me. I don’t what to have to burn a expensive M PRO coil every time I want to test a recipe.

7 Likes

It was pointed out to me, and rightly so, that I need to give proper credit to the recipe were
discussing in this post. It was created by Amy and it’s called CRONUT. “It’s Terrific” by the way.

I’m basically just adding nicotine and adjusting the PG/VG levels.

Sorry about that, brand new to all this and I will make mistakes, but I absolutely was not trying to pass this off as my own. I’ll do better with ya all’s help. :+1:

12 Likes

Best place to do that is on the recipe side at the comment section underneath your adapted recipe :+1:

8 Likes

Will do, thx! :+1:

6 Likes