First post, n00b Q

thats gorgeous , i use my phone 98pct of time so all the pics for peoples names are small lol i thought maybeu a bown of butterscotch pudding but then i seen it was probably a cup ty for the pic i love that type of stuff

1 Like

Purdy! Sounds like a blast! My wife & I took an Amtrak the whole 350mi from Birmingham, AL to New Orleans, LA to board our honeymoon cruise…not quite as scenic :smile:

1 Like

Scenic is what you haven’t seen yet :slight_smile: The train you took is on our bucket list! I want to see the Gulf, the gators and the trees before I pass away… It’s a very different kind of scenic but extremely beautiful just the same!

It’s kind of funny, my son has an I-Phone and some of the pictures he takes with that thing are almost better than what I can get with my Canon. Good pictures are hard to get on a moving train though… the weirdest part of that trip was going through the Moffat Tunnel. You cant leave your set while you are going through it and it is very creepy.

1 Like

wow ive always wanted to ride a train , one day ill find a reason a trip like yours would be a great reason

1 Like

The other good one is that Empire Builder from Chicago to Portland. It goes along the northern states. It cuts through Glacier National Park, Dakota Badlands, Wisconsin Dells and the Columbia River Gorge. You see the high plains and it’s amazing. I did that one on the cheap in Coach. (That’s hard traveling though)

Your mouth is hanging open for 3 days at how beautiful it is but it takes 3 and half days.

Here’s my pictures:

2 Likes

I’ll have to save those trips, thanks! The south is beautiful I’ve just lived in AL my whole life so I am used to it, but there is nothing I love more than being in the beautiful outdoors especially this time of year. My uncle lives in Anchorage, AK and we flew up & stayed for a month in June '07, life-changing beauty up there, so incredible! Plan to take my wife & kids one day, they weren’t around yet when I went lol.