First-Time Mixer here: Feedback and Questions on my first recipes using Capella flavours

Hello e-LiquidRecipes community!
It’s my first time posting in this community and also the first time giving a go at DIY e-liquids. I’m gearing up to mix my first batch of e-liquids after having bought these Capella aromas: Sugar Cookie V1, Vanilla Custard V1, French Vanilla V1, Banana, and Sweet Strawberry (new RF). I’ve come up with a few recipe ideas and would love your feedback before I start mixing, as well as any new recipe suggestions or advice you might have using just these Capella aromas:

Strawberry Custard
10% CAP Sweet Strawberry
5% CAP Vanilla Custard

Vanilla Sugar Cookie
8% CAP Sugar Cookie
4% CAP Vanilla Custard

Vanilla Custard
10% CAP Vanilla Custard
2.5% CAP French Vanilla
1% Ethyl Maltol

1. How do these initial recipes look? Do the flavor percentages seem balanced? I will steep the required amount of time, I am not in a rush.
  2. Would adding 1-2% CAP Sugar Cookie to the Strawberry Custard and Vanilla Custard bring a nice pastry note, or would it be too overpowering?
  3. I live in Italy where we do not have access to the main companies like TPA, Inawera, Capella, etc. However all FlavourArt aromas are readily available. What recipes would you suggest making by combining the capella aromas I have and any FlavourArt ones? I do like stuff like Dinner Lady Lemon Tart just to give out one.
  4. How does French Vanilla compare to Vanilla Custard?
  5. Is the EM even needed? Why not a sweetener like CAP Super Sweet?

Thanks in advance for all your help and insights! Truly appreciated.

4 Likes

That van custard is a simple great custard i do often. You can drop the custard from 19 to loke 6 if you wanted but cap vc v1 can be pushed to 10 if you really want

Em is not a sweetener. Its a flavor. It does go amazing in custards though. You can add super sweet which is a sweetener to your recipe

Vanilla custard v1 is eggy and buttery and oily all the good custard notes. French vanilla is close but a little different . Its more of just the vanilla part of the vc but heavier and thicker. They go great together

Fa custard premium goes great with cap van custard too

I find cap sugar cookie to be really versitile and can be added to like anything

All in all . Your recipes will work and are pretty tasty expecially with like .5 percent suoersweet added

If your looking for dinner lady lemon tart the flavor you would want is chemovatic lemon cream wafer

10 Likes

Thanks man, appreciate it.

3 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

3 Likes

Welcome @maros1271 to the forum.

Quick question, what is your style of vaping? MTL, POD or DL?

I ask because this may affect how much flavouring you need in your recipes and how simple or complex they should be.

I have found that PODS require fairly simple recipes with highish flavour percentages, MTL slightly more complex and still reasonably high percentages and DL does not (from what I have read) seem to need as much flavouring but can have more complex “layered” recipes.

Knowing this may help us to guide you better when it comes to your recipes.

I like almost every flavour you have already except for the banana as I cannot taste any banana flavours in mixes. :smile:

6 Likes

Hey,
I use only pre-made coils. I am making these flavours for DL vaping using a non rebuildable atomizer, the iTank2 specifically, so definetely 70/30. However I was also considering trying these recipes in a MTL device, the Nautilus coils or the 0.8 Zcoils from Innokin.

3 Likes

You should be fine in any device with thise flavors. Cap vanillas even shine in crappy pods.

3 Likes

Welcome to ELR @maros1271.

1 Like

@maros1271 Welcome! I’m glad you joined us :smiling_face: If you haven’t already, take a look at the recipe side of the forum where our recipe calculator is. You’ll find many resources there like flavor notes with percentages, places to buy flavors with our discount code and much more. You can start building your own flavor stash and save your recipes in folders. Just click on the upper right hand corner where you have four choices in blue lettering. The resource page is a good place to start. Just ask anyone if you have questions. We’re here to help.

5 Likes