First Time order

Hi All
I have recently started mixing my own juice using one shots. I find them a bit hit and miss and want to make my own from scratch. I know the question which flavors should I order first is a bit vague but wanted to know peoples thoughts if I narrow it a bit and also and basic 2-3 flavor recipes would be much appreciated.
Generally I like fruity juices especially strawberries. I’m not a fan as yet of custards? don’t know if its my taste buds but they generally all taste the same to me!!!. I like an icy or cool but doesn’t have to be.
initially was thinking
Strawberry ripe TPA
Strawberry TPA
dragon fruit TPA
Banana Cream (LA)
Vanilla bean ice cream and probably a few extra fruits like Fuji Apple etc etc.
any help for a newbie would be much appreciated…
Also is there a way to search recipes by number on flavors? I found some in the beginners guide but its only the first page?

TIA

5 Likes

Strawberry ripe by TPA shows up all over, and the other strawberry can be used to kick it up. I use a lot of VBIC, but some folks get pepper notes from it and I’m seeing a lot of liquid barn vanilla ice cream showing up, so it’s on my wish list.
LA banana is good but know that it is very “Banana runts” flavored. I like the boozy ripe banana flavor of flavor revolution and also FW.
You should try to get some bread or bakery or cereal stuff for your base. Cereal 27 or crunchy cereal from TPA, biscuit, Nonna’s cake from flavor art, cupcake batter. Flavorah pound cake.
Not all of those but a couple to use as a base, oh yeah, and Graham cracker.
A couple caramels are nice to have around.
And to introduce you easily to the custard or creams, maybe Catalan cream from FA, Vienna cream, TPA Bavarian creme is huge.
Try to find a recipe or two with decent ratings and notes that appeal to you, and order those ingredients specifically to get a couple victories under your belt. Also search the forums here for simple recipes, there are some that baffle people with their simplicity.
Follow mixers that have been around a while. One way to find them is to go to a recipe search for something that sounds good to you, strawberries and cream for instance. When the results pop up go to the column that says “rating”, and press the word rating. That will take you to the highest rated and oft times oldest recipes, and you may find some mixers that have been at it for a while. I’m getting off topic so I will go.

3 Likes

If you’re completely new and starting from scratch… I’d say put your money on Flavorah.
They’re a bit more expensive, they’re a lot more concentrated and there are some awesome recipes available. Usually the better mixers use Flavorah so you’re not going to burn your concentrates on every published noob recipe.
Just my 2 cents…
Have a look at what you fancy and base your order on the recipes that jump out on you.

6 Likes

I’ve been mixing for a while now and have 5 flavofah flavours and yes they are good specially alpine strawberry and i also get that with vbic not with less than 2.5% then i don’t good luck its fun to diy when you get your flavours test each flavour 0.5% then 1% in 10mls then you can work out what would go with what and how strong each flavour is how much you can go to

3 Likes

Go to ELR page and pick out a few flavor profiles. Write down the flavors in the recipes that interest you. Go to your vendor of choice and buy those flavors.
At least you will be able to mix a recipe. Buying flavors Willy nilly you still might not be able to mix anything.

4 Likes

Welcome to the DIY fun! Things have changed so much in the last few years so I agree some of the older recipes were great but we didn’t have lots of flavors to choose from back in the good old days (I’ve only been mixing four years lol). The way I started DIY was looking at the commercial juices I loved to vape and trying to recreate them… obviously you’re never going to get an exact match but you can find flavors that work for your taste buds by starting that way. The Strawberry flavors mix well with dragon fruit so that’s a great start, I still love VBIC and I don’t get pepper notes from it so I guess I’m lucky. It’s been forever since I mixed with Banana Cream, but at one point I loved it.

Since you’re enjoying one shots, try looking for the recipes behind the one shots you already love, that could definitely help. Someone is always around to give advice here which I think is awesome. Have fun!

4 Likes

These recipes that I put, I like them a lot, are simple and I repeat them often. They don’t need much steep time

They use more than 2-3 flavors …
Greetings, and welcome to ELR, I am sure you will have fun here.

3 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.
Not that I know of, might want to ask @daath (Profile - daath - E-Liquid Recipes Forum) Lars.

1 Like

@Peacey84 welcome

1 Like

There are a few hidden search options, like adding “fcount” to the URL to search for number of flavors:

This will find recipes with Cream Fresh (FA) that has exactly 3 flavors :slight_smile:

“minratings” will show with at least X number of ratings:

This will find recipes with Cream Fresh (FA) with at least 3 ratings :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks all for your answers and responses much appreciated:+1:

4 Likes