Five Pawns class action lawsuit DA/AP

Usually Kubuntu, Ubuntu Server. Currently on a Win 8.1 box (gaming rig) attached to a WinSrv 2012R2 box (entertainment center ya understand) LOL
I am not operating system dependent. :wink:
Thanks for the link BTW

1 Like

Well said, each has their own use. We have 12 computers running in the house, 1 Windows 7 and the rest a combination of Mint, Debian, Arch, BSD and FreeNAS. Along with a couple Android streaming boxes.

The only thing i do not allow on my network is Apple equipment. Yep, im a hater, hehe.

Happy to help.

2 Likes

The only people who will come out on top of this suit is guess who !
Qiana Cinnamon (M17) dependent (almost) .

1 Like

It wont be me, hehe. Never bought into the 5P hype train, i didnt care for it.

Another Mint user, nice. Very nice OS, the wife loves it as much as i.

1 Like

That isn’t hate, that is just good common sense. Talk about being stuck “in the box”.
Several very valid points in the reddit discussion. Overall there probably needs to be some regulation to keep the crooks in check. I don’t agree with the FDA “deeming” rule, but it hasn’t been passed yet. The food industry will always need food flavorings , PG and VG. So those aren’t at issue for us DIY guys and dolls. The only thing that may get difficult and pricey for DIY’ers to get their hands on may be nicotine. Good thing it keeps a loooooong time in a deep freeze. I have several liters already with plans to buy a few more. If I could pop for uncut Nic I would be on it like white on rice!. Whenever regulations on people/business get to constrictive, it always gives birth to black market enterprise. :wink: The original entrepreneur.

1 Like

I completely agree and have made the PG/VG/ Flavoring point so many times in the past, they wont be regulating the DIYers. Im good on nic as well, bought a few liters from CarolinaXtract (brakon down into smaller bottles) and have 9 250ml bottles from other purchases all in the deep freeze. I mix at 3mg so i have enough to last me forever.

1 Like

looks like this will give FADA a foothold on liquids .which is what they have been waiting for. I heard someplace that mothers milk had the same deal a long time ago and changed there recipe . Anyway i see a big change coming in our future. I bet we wont be able to buy anything in liquids without a license

With a grasping hand around your wallet.

There is nic extracting techniques out there for the DIY’er. Its the small business guy along with never vaped smokers that takes a hit with FDA “deeming” rule, IMO.

Wife has Maya (M14) on old puter, 1gig Ram. Won’t let me junk it. What are you gonna do?

Ummm easy answer…let the wife run Maya. LOL. If it isn’t broke… :slight_smile:

A skill I hope I never have to learn. I have enough rattling around in my head as it is, most of it pretty worthless and usually regarding computers.
I agree totally, the people that will suffer most from over-regulation, taxes and lack of competition in a free market concerning e-Cigs are people that want to get off tobacco.

1 Like

The worst part is, they don’t have to wait for anything. All they need to do is to get their jackboot regulations approved by the POTUS and ratified by a small percentage of sympathetic legislators and they are good. That is a HUGE part of the problem ATM. The FDA, FCC, EPA, HSS, IRS and about every other gov’t “administration” that has a secretary appointed by the Pres has to do to become their own “policing organization”. They are now referred to as “Regulatory Czars” ring a bell?

2 Likes

Sadly you’re spot on. And once they get their jackboot regulations ratified, then the ensuing march on the mom and pop vape shops by brown shirt enforcers. The world at large has little idea what America has turned into, and even fewer Americans can see it.

1 Like

Damned near makes me cry.
I think I’ll have a bourbon, a vape and a nights sleep… in that order.

2 Likes

I’ve read a lot of good posts about Vanilla Pudding (German Flavors). I currently have a couple steeping. I, like you favor VC1 Cap over all the rest of the Custards. I’m hoping this VP GF works as well as its claims.

It’s not being described as a custard type flavor. It’s description is that of a true pudding. I’m hoping this will push my “New Nanner Puddin’” over the top.

Spot on Puddin 5 Star Review
Posted by SpiderMonkey on 22nd Aug 2015

Lets just say…SpotOn!!! This is definitely a Pudding flavor and not a custard. At least not the custards we come to taste. At recommended % its pretty darn good. But will up the % slightly at my 80/20 vg/pg blend. Great base flavor for any pudding flavors you can think of. Thanks Kevin! text

1 Like

lol 5 pawns website still posting the same study showing no diacetyl

2 Likes

Let me know, i had my eye on them awhile back and had forgotten.

I did a complete reformulation on my Nanner Puddin, too much biscuit in the old version. .5% biscuit, .5% Joy. Im still not all that happy with it.

I know this is an old post but does anyone know where this is going. I remember when this first came about and now I still think that part of this was fueled by one companies envy over another. I’m not sure if this helps us or hurts us but I’m along the lines that it hurts us.
I did not see this mentioned but I remember the report saying that 5p’s Absolute Pin had the highest diketone levels of all tested samples. It was the first of their flavors to be discontinued, now it all makes sense…

1 Like

I never heard anything else about it. Im not positive but i believe that i read, today, that the UK has now banned diacetyl.

1 Like

I’m glad that in Canada the ECTA has rules for DA/AP - below certain levels doesn’t need disclosure, between certain levels requires stores to warn consumers, and products above certain levels can’t be sold at all. The specifics can be read here. The disclosure allows the buyer to be aware and make their own choices regarding the risk, without banning it outright.

4 Likes

if my memory is right five pawns did claim at on time their juice contained a lot less DA diketones all together , im going off memory only which doesnt always serve me correctly

oops i did not notice how old this was lol