Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

Lol all good mate just throwing some ideas at you the absinthe works well with mints to bolster them and add a slightly different dimension the choc mousse is a really nice modifier to the mf to give it a lighter more milk choc fluffy feeling.

6 Likes

And I have two, do I hear three? :rofl: Must need to place another order.

5 Likes

I love that. Those are the sort of nuances you pick up in a forum that make it worthwhile. Sort of like how black licorice really buttresses root beer to give it a nifty sarsaparilla vibe. Little things that make a good recipe great.

7 Likes

Problem is, MF Dark Chocolate as we all know it no longer exists (or will soon when the vendors run out of stock). Hopefully their new line is just as good.

5 Likes

The DC that river supply has is the bottom tier new line I think

3 Likes

No kidding? First time thatā€™s happened to me. But thx for the heads up.

3 Likes

No kidding.
Many recipes have ā€œleft the public viewā€ over the years. Regardless of source. If you put them in your own files however (by adapting them) they are there until YOU decide theyā€™re no longer necessary.

Whether someone decides they no longer like it, or ended up selling the recipe to someone else (for profit/professional production), or starting their own thing upā€¦ Countless reasons for them to go missing.

6 Likes

Heck, I have zero public recipes. Yā€™all have enough trouble without my diddly squirts.

6 Likes

Thank you. I just found and mixed up an old recipe of @MysticRose . I better go adapt it if I donā€™t want to lose it.

6 Likes

And thank you for that. Iā€™ve been picking up on those little nuances lately while reading peoples recipe/flavor notes. Although, Iā€™m still hacking through the regular stuff myself. I havenā€™t reached ā€œtier nuanceā€ yet. :persevere:

6 Likes

I need help with a banana pecan pie recipe. The RL ingredients uses crumbled shortbread cookies with butter folded in instead of a graham crust. I would be happy with a graham crust but not sure which one to use. I have 4 graham crackers:

1. Graham Cracker (CAP)
  2. ā€œā€¦ā€ Clear (TFA)
  3. ā€œā€¦ā€ (FW)
  4. ā€œā€¦ā€ (SC RF)
2 Likes

Thank you! Iā€™ll give that a try this week

2 Likes

IME, tfa is more biscuit/cookie crumble, capella is more cinnamony, and fw is more of a real graham crackers.
Never used rfsc though, sorry.

4 Likes

Thx delltrap. Iā€™m looking for more real. Iā€™ve heard that RF SC is a real graham w/o the cinnamon, too. I used it once in a recipe but it didnā€™t come through for me. Maybe I need a higher percentage, Idk? I think Iā€™ll give the FW a whirl. Iā€™m familiar with their flavors. I would like to try Flavorahā€™s Graham but donā€™t have it right now. I can hear Smoky in the background, lol.

3 Likes

Crunch!! lolol yepsā€¦ Muthā€¦ I am shaking my GC bottle atmā€¦
thinking some honey cream lemon whipped cream ith white chocolate and yeps Graham Cracker! :crazy_face:

and super light on all those flavorsā€¦ I want the gc to stand outā€¦ :wink: hints of the rest.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never been happy with graham cracker. I know Iā€™m the odd man out. I tried them in recipes in the past but it was like doing push-ups from your knees; it just wasnā€™t working out.

I hate to say it but possibly WF Flapper Pie SC could workā€¦ Itā€™s a custard pie with cinnamon/graham cracker crust elements. Light GC elements, I admit, but it may be a nice way to round it out.

4 Likes

You crack me up! I didnā€™t even tag you and youā€™re here in 3 seconds. Iā€™ll definitely buy FLV GC but I just want to try a recipe idea. Iā€™m looking at a food recipe for a no bake Banana Caramel Pecan Pie. They use crumbled shortbread cookies for the crust but since I have GC I thought I would get started with that.

3 Likes

:drooling_face: Iā€™ve seen those Flapper Pie recipesā€¦yum!

3 Likes

Only because I had messages here, after I got back into the house. Been sanding some of my boards of wood to start some wood burning projects next weekā€¦ Got stuck in the rain in my shop Muth :smiley:

Yes you can do that with GC I would for a light short bread cookie tryā€¦

all flv
.8% gc
.4% cookie
.6% Cream!

should give you a short bread tasteā€¦ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thx! I adore shortbread cookies :heart:

4 Likes