Fizzy sherbert substitute? Also how increase strength of flavor?

Since bull city has been out of it for almost a week now. Any other USA vendors that carry it that are recommended?
Also when I do a mix, if I find the flavor lacking in overall strength can I just lower the amount of the vg/PG that goes into it? So say a recipe I’m creating is for a 100ml bottle, use the same amount of flavorings but just use enough vg/PG to end up with 90ml

3 Likes

If a flavor is lacking , why not just increase to flavor by a little. Change the flavor % option on elr has been my go to for that. If its one flavor just increase the flavor %. I think you are trying to over complicate it. Gonna be chasing ghosts that way :man_shrugging:t2:

5 Likes

The recipe is basically a ratio so keeping the ratio s keeping true to the recipe and what the mixer intended. Being that I haven’t even mixed a single recipe yet I’d rather depend on the inventor of the recipe to create the flavor profile so that would eliminate adding more of just 1 or 2 flavors. I just think adding a little less inert ingredients like PG or VG is easier or configuring the calculator for a recipe to create say 110-120ml and only adding enough vg/pg for 100ml if you need the final product to be 100ml. But I appreciate your reply and thank you

2 Likes

There is a lot that goes into a recipe. Whats good on my rta/rda might not be good on yours. So there is a lot more to it. Ohms you vape at, wattage pod or high powered mod there are so many things that go into a flavor profile of a juice

3 Likes

First of all welcome. Second, as a new mixer, start small 30ml bottles, making 110 or 120ml bottles may cost you in wasted ingredients if you don’t like the mix. You haven’t mixed up the recipe yet how do you know it will be weak? Stick to the recipe and tweak from there, I actually find alot of recipes I have found on the recipe side are actually to strong. Ask questions alot throughout your mixing journey and the people on here will help, I know I’ve learned alot here. Good luck to you

3 Likes

What are your base ratios? PG is the better flavor carrier so you might try a base with a more dominant pg ratio. You don’t mention the recipe ingredients so there’s not much else to go on.

5 Likes

You can click the blue wrench and adjust total flavor percentage up or down. So if a recipe is 10% total flavor you can increase it to 12%, or whatever…

10 Likes

That’s a pretty awesome tool, I’ll definitely be using that. Thanks

2 Likes

Keep in mind steep time before tweaking anything. Also many flavors also suddenly disappear after a few days or so to miraculously reappear stronger a week later. Another thing, the larger the batch = longer the steep required. Maybe just pull off 10ml and taste that in a week.

5 Likes

@JABS I can’t think of a good sub for Fizzy Sherbet. As far as increasing flavor strength, you CAN increase the overall flavor ratio by either adding more flavors OR reducing the carriers as you stated. This doesn’t always work, and if it pushes into over-flavoring, you can REDUCE flavor.

I’m assuming you were using the 100ml bottle as an example, as when tinkering / adjusting you should always do it in small 10ml bottles until finalized, THEN go bigger.

4 Likes

I’ve read that fizzy sherbert has no actual fizz properties to it so I’ve found a rainbow sherbert from liquid barn that sounds like it might be promising.

2 Likes

@JABS here were my takes on the two …

Fizzy Sherbet (VTA) 3% (5-13-20) – Sherbet, Sherbert, Sherbet Powder ?? !!! It really depends where you live, as to which of the preceding you know. In the US I’ve heard more commonly Sherbert, but in the UK I learned they have Sherbet Powder. With that said, this one is a smart, almost sparkly, fresh, punchy vape. I immediately was reminded of an almost Sprite like, high end punch I got from a Vape Kitchen Pineapple vape. I wonder if this was it ?? !!! This one almost has a sprite (soda) like bright punch that carried throughout the entire vape. It did lean above average mid sweet, but as expected. It was very hard to tell if there were any specific fruit profiles in here, but it def. leaned towards a lemon lime-ish with perhaps some pineapple maybe ?? It was very hard to tell definitively. Now as far as the fizz, it’s more fizzy-like, and it did impart an almost tingle at times. I’ve used this one countless times and (lazy) never got around to singling it. Now that I have, I’m even MORE impressed. For a fizzy (tingly) bright, lemon-lime (maybe a pinch of bright pineapple), that leans forward on the sweetness, this really excels. I have had great success with my Pineapple Soft Serve with this one, and I can see it being a real go to, for a lot of mixers, and mixes. No off notes, no deductions I can think of, even with it’s higher than normal sweetness. Punchy, bright, it just works. 10/10.

Rainbow Sherbet (LB) 7.5% (3-21-21) – Having not tried many Sherbets, it’s always a nice change to do so. This one although having some Sherbet characteristics, never really drove it all the way home. It presented as mainly an artificial-ish Raspberry, with some other non-descript fruits, with a fairly identifiable sherbet base. Sweetness was below mid-level which was interesting for a desert, and at this testing weight, nothing screamed out as off-putting. At times, the “fruit” notes almost reminded me of RFSC’s Yumberry which is delicious, yet unidentifiable. This one wasn’t as high on the delicious-ness scale, but shared the mostly unidentifiable quality. Would be fairly good as another baser/mixer, but that would be the limit. Not terrible, not great, just in the middle, and felt good at 5.5/10.

8 Likes

So no…lol. I have to find a site that has vt and LB to get lb VBIC or I think they just call it VIC. Still need to decide where to buy nicotine from and if I want to go nic salts since I’m thinking I’d like my nic level to be around 18mg.

2 Likes

Regular liquid nicotine will be fine for 18mg/ml level. Tho I wouldn’t go any higher with it on a low wattage pod device. If you’re using a higher power device ( mod, RDA, RTA, ect) that converts to around 6 mg/ml.
Smoked 2 packs a day when I smoked. 18 mg/ml was adequate on a Nord. When I switched to mods had to adjust my nicotine down to 6mg/ml to stop the nicotine rush.

4 Likes

Yep, I smoked a 100gm pouch of tobacco every 4 days. I only vape MTL and started on 18mg. I still use a token 1mg of Nic for the oxidisation effect after 4+ years, tried a 6mg juice a while back… just no! LOL.

4 Likes