Flavor BAN!

I can say I vaguely remember the ban of 2009… it was a 50% chance of getting mods thru customs but no fine… I could be wrong… but I had stopped vaping when obama gave us all over to the fda and I did not come back till 2011… it was a pain in the __________.

3 Likes

And there’s this: https://oem.bmj.com/content/58/10/649
And we do know that quite a number of vapers (self included) report developing a sensitivity to PG (have only come across 1-2 people who reported sensitivity to VG).

But this is NOT A REASON TO ATTACK THE VAPE INDUSTRY.

• PG is widely used by other industries. Almost any aerosol device is likely to contain PG, including asthma inhalers, hair sprays, deodorants, air fresheners…as well as “fog machines”. Nobody’s demanding withdrawal of these products.

• THE vape industry has, on the whole , show much more concern anout PG than any other industry. Any number of PG-free vape manufacturers have sprung up, but many of these have, ironically, already been wiped out either by legislation, or by Big Tobacco,

In Europe, most of the Pg-free outfits were just too small to be able to afford licencing under the TPD, so they folded. Curiously, Big Tobacco had already bought up the exceptions and changed the ingredients to include PG

This doesn;t just affect EU companies. Did you know that Blu used to be PG-free, before Big Tobacco bought up that brand? (If not for that buy-out , we would probably have had PG-free devices available on Supermarket shelves on both sides of the Alantic by now. Blu were doing so well). And who remembers Open Source Vapor? a small, but popular, American PG-feee company, already destroyed by the extortionate demans of legislation. I’m sure my list isn’t exhaustive but as a PG-free vaper myself, of course I’m apt to notice these things.

So, as Americans lose more choice and variety, it’s all too-likely that the choice to vape PG-free is going to be lost along with the flavours. . And anybody who attacks vaping, and calls for increasing regulation on the basis that “vapes contain PG” is playing right into Big Tobaccos hands. Because if any vape business manages to survive, it’s product ís likely gonna have PG in it and will likely be owned by Big Tobacco.

Personally , seems obvious to me that vaping saves infinitely more lives than are adversely affected by PG. So even if I have to quit vaping because PG-free alternatives become impossible to obtain, I’ll still be supporting other peoples right to vape. The PG issue is relatively minor, is by no means exclusive to the vaping industry, and it angers me to see that issue hypocritically misused.

3 Likes

They were trying to pull the same bullshit on a CNN report I watched. The correspondent kept yaking “is it safe?” My brain is screaming “Nothing is safe ButtFuck!!!” Life does not include “safe”. Non sequitur fool!!! You want to bait something, go stick your dick in a shark tank!!!

8 Likes

E-mail from Vapour Depot (UK)

As you may have heard, the Trump Administration have started to finalise their plans to ask the FDA to ban all flavoured eliquid products from the US Market. We work very closely with several US companies (including Northland Vapor), so this is very unsettling news to hear.

By restricting access to flavoured eliquid products, the FDA is set to cause up to 10 million US citizens to become criminals by using flavoured eliquid.

For all of our US customers, please visit CASAA to let your voice by heard.

4 Likes

Watched the Chris Cuomo interview of Gregory Conley (VTA) last night. You have to understand in context that Cuomo is the son of Mario Cuomo (deceased /former governor of NY) {and brother to the current governor Andrew Cuomo edited} . Cuomo is repulsive to both the right and the left, his agenda is provocation and division. I’m not aware of anyone from either side of the political landscape that can stomach his style of moderating rhetoric. His (brother edited) is a big opponent to vaping, not much more to say about this. People do need to stop painting with a broad brush attacking CNN, MSNBC, and yes FOX for being entirely fake; some of what the media does is out of ignorance, some out of agenda (political or financial), and some of it is actual news. You have to filter the information and verify yourself, but to dismiss it is a mistake.

6 Likes

I wondered about per the last name. So he is a generational asshole. Makes sense.

5 Likes

Bro from across the sea, dis you even read the rest of this string? Thanks for the public service announcement.

4 Likes

Mario Cuomo has been dead since January of 2015. Methinks you were thinking of his other son, NY State Governor Andrew Cuomo.

4 Likes

Yes, thank you for the correction- still on cup one of coffee (fake news on my part - I’ll man up to the demerits)

4 Likes

Minor infraction. No flavors for two days.

3 Likes

Ogre, your somewhat gruff “sardonic” curmudgeonly style is sometimes entertaining, my friend. … :grinning:

4 Likes

Years of practice.

5 Likes

The far right calls him “Fredo” but he is really as mentioned above just a generational asshole.

3 Likes

Heh heh. To pay your debt to society, you must watch “Fox and Friends” for a full hour without barfing … :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

How dare you site Faux News without mention of MSLSD in the same breath! Despicable!

4 Likes

Another “Cream Custard” casualty? Should we “enable” this moral scourge with “supervised injection sites”? I don’t know about you, but I’m calling the “Phlegm Removal Unit” to suck that puppy dry and turn out them “Libtards”. What Ameruca needs is more Uninformed Occifers ! Bavarian Cream Boy, I’m a comin’ for you !

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I get all my news from Pat Robertson’s 700 Club. He never ages even a day - not unlike Dorian Gray … :stuck_out_tongue:

Were it not for ~300 trips at a tender age, Raving Nightly might not have quite the “gift of gab” that he does:

Enlightenment

3 Likes

That would be cruel and unusual punishment!

3 Likes

I like the Onion. They are openly full of shit.

6 Likes

F&F is the go-to rendition technique at all the offshore Libtard “dark sites” (since they nixed waterboarding).

F&F “weekend edition” seems to have stimulated Great Leader’s “precious bodily fluids” to spew yet again:

“A Very Stable Genius!” Thank you.
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!

Source: https://thehill.com/sites/default/files/trump.foxandfriends.snl_.png

Whatever you do, DO NOT vape the Brown Trump e-Juice (it’s made from raw Coal Shale and Propecia) !

High time for the Glue Factory, wouldn’t you say ? Please, Ameruca, let’s put him “out of his miserly” … :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes