Flavor base's

Hello everyone I’m new here so sorry if this has already been discussed. But what are the advantages of mixing up flavor base? Aside from having a large batch from which you can quick mix smaller bottles. I guess the real question here is, does this help the steeping process any? Does letting the flavors mingle by them selves for a week or so shorten the steeping time of the final mix? Thanks in advance for any advice

1 Like

I haven’t noticed much of an advantage as far as steeping is concerned. The major advantages I get with using flavor bases is the ease and simplicity of mixing. Additionally, if you take your time and focus on precision when creating your base, you’re guaranteed a consistent mix every time you use it.

1 Like

I think the main benefit to having a flavor base for a recipe you use often is convenience. It’s easy to only add one flavor instead of five or ten. And you can easily add more or less depending on how strong you or someone else you might be mixing for likes it.

A lot of people use bases for things that they use often. For instance, if they have several peaches that they use on a regular basis, they’ll make a “peach stone” so they only have to use one flavor.

2 Likes

With my Custardstone, I’ve noticed a marked difference in having to steep, but only after the stone itself has steeped.

3 Likes

Thanks guy’s & gal’s. The simplicity of only adding 1 ingredient to a final mix is absolutely what attracted me to the idea in the first place, once I get a couple absolute favorites down, I plan on making larger base’s of them. Just wasn’t sure if a well steeped base would have any affect on the final mix steep or not. I’m guessing you’re use of the word “stone” is in reference to creating a foundation of a flavor you know you love

1 Like

You got it.
A ‘stone’ is just used like any other flavoring. You can use it stand-alone, or use it in a recipe with other flavors.

Check out the Flavor List sometime and search ‘stone’.