Flavor filters for 'What can I make'

First off. Love the site! BUT I really wish there was a way to choose flavors that must be included while in "What can I make’ mode

Sometimes i want a recipe with one or two specific flavors but when I use the ‘Search by flavor stash’ I only find recipes where I’m missing 70% of the flavors and when using “What can I make” I have to search through 100’s of recipes to find one with the flavors I am looking for.

Combining these two would be the dream.

6 Likes

What two flavours do you want to work with

5 Likes

We can’t see your flavour stash

5 Likes

I seem to enjoy Peach and wanted to try a recipe with both CAP Yellow Pach and CAP Juicy Peach + maybe included with some FA Apricot.
Also bought a CAP Cucumber and wanted to try something with that.
Maybe also find a good juice with blackcurrant in the mix and not as a solo flavor.

I have cheated a bit in my flavour stash as I have added all the brands to get more hits and try and sub them if I don’t have the exact brand so I have a lot in my stash which I don’t have. Ex. I have only CAP Pear but added Pear from all brands to the stash on ELR. Can include a exact list if anyone wants to try and help me find a recipe

4 Likes

I had the same idea when I started out and had a very limited stash but I removed the additions that I didn’t have… it was more of an annoyance than it helped.
You can select a range of missing flavors in “what can I make” results so you can still substitute where you see possibilities. Adding additional flavors to your stash (physically, not cheating) will increase your options but don’t go too crazy either. I’ve got more than 20K recipes in my what can I make results (without missing flavors) and it still doesn’t make it easy to find something I really like.

If you have specific wishes for a recipe and you have a good idea of what you want, why not just create your own recipe and fine tune it to your taste?
Just start of by combining your peaches and apricots to see what balance between them you like best. A mix like that will go well with creams and bakery flavors… try them out. There are also a lot of flavor pairing websites that can give you idea what goes well with certain flavors. Throw them in and experiment. You’ll end up with something that you’ll enjoy much better than some random recipe on the site.

9 Likes

I’m not being funny but you do need to put what you have in your stash as that will help you. it takes time to get lots of flavours there is so many flavours i don’t have its never ending i normally find a recipe i like the look of and get the flavours i need for it. Fruit flavours ive found dont really need a steep but bakery, creams do need a steep

6 Likes

by the way, you can also search IN the results of what can I make… so if you search for apricot peach, you’ll narrow down your results too.

7 Likes

Thx guys. I will at least create an alt account with exact stash and try too look for recepies.

With this main account I think subbing is kind of fun for now while I learn. I just need to try some things and am too scared to start a recipe from scratch yet so it helps.

Have tried to do some solo mixes to learn the flavors but I find it really hard to even taste the specific flavour in some cases. For example FW Blueberry and CAP Golden Pineapple. They smell good but don’t taste a lot of the fruit it should be when vaped. Even when increasing the percentage I just reach a ‘that’s too much of that aroma’ taste.
Even tho I’d say I got pretty good tastebuds in general. I often analyze food ingredients and single out flavors in the food.

5 Likes

Awesome, that’s something I didn’t know, thanks Suomynona :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Where are you solo testing fw blueberry at?

3 Likes

If you don’t mind would you please make your stash visible. I’d like to take a look at what’s in there.

3 Likes

Not cheating at all. That’s doing it the right way.

3 Likes

I have a recipe you may like if you’re looking to combine peach, apricot, pear, and cucumber…?

I made one up about a month ago and my hubs and I find it VERY tasty…!

You can sub anything you like.

You can also leave out anything you like, though I recommend you have at least one peach, a cucumber, a cream (optional), and a strawberry (also optional).

4 Likes

Looks like @vaper101 ‘s “Drunk” mix, I would add some pickle. :wink:

3 Likes

You can also do a general search excluding flavor names and get results with a specific flavor in the recipe name, I use this method more than the “what can I make” method,

4 Likes

Yes, select more missing flavors is a good way to find more recipes which combine with the existing stash. Please see below:
grafik

3 Likes

Is the “Allow missing flavors” dropdown list new? I’ve never seen it before.

I’ve also never seen the “My recipe feed” section on the page that appears after logging in. I only saw it because I had to log in today (and scrolling down the page, “below the fold”).

Either Lars has been busy updating the site or never paid enough attention to the little details.

1 Like

Hit the three lines next to your icon. Hit top. Hit ELR home(top left). You are now on the recipe page. My recipe’s/favorites , create recipe , ELR home are all at your finger tip.

3 Likes

It’s been there for a least a couple years. The site is full of helpful tools/functions. Take a little time to read/study every page you visit and play with all the features to see what they do, go through all the menus and click on everything. It’s time very well spent and makes the time needed for steeping seem a little shorter :grin:

4 Likes

I second that

3 Likes