Flavor Revolution Tasting Notes

They are the same thing, Butanoic Acid is just the systematic term for Butyric Acid. Sorry, I should have just said BA. It’s just so heavy in this flavor, I’m using it now, and it’s seriously stronger in BA than any other flavor I have ever used that contains it. I’m thinking this flavor could work well for cheesecakes and other dairy heavy recipes, maybe at 1-1.5%.

1 Like

Learned something new!

1 Like

Definitely let me know what you think of the Vanilla Blast and Graham Cracker, I meant to get some of those, but I am trying to limit my spending with it getting so close to the Holidays. Two boys are expensive around Christmas, especially when one of them is a hardcore gamer. I’m excited to know what ya think!

3 Likes

Well I got them in today and did a standard across the board at 2% with all at 25/75 PG/VG mix with 0 nic. right of he bat I get what you were saying about the custard,The regular cream has a similar compound. It may be that it has to have a long steep to get rid of that like most V2 flavors do if they do get better, the Tobaccos are all very dark, I did initial finger test on the mixes but have not vaped them yet. some are promising and some are still very chemical, I think I am going to like the Vanilla Blast, reminds me of a bit of a lighter Holy vanilla and the Sweet Cream is seems pretty good also, I will give it a few days before I go through them one by one to pick out the nuances, and the daunting task of cleaning and re-wicking between flavors. even though it is kind of hard for me to do single flavors on some I try my best to give a accurate description and how they stand in comparison to the likes of other brands that I have of the flavors.

1 Like

@nicomanteno, don’t worry too much about SF testing for everyone’s benefit. I just wanted your initial thoughts, which were very helpful, I definitely think I will pick up the Vanilla Blast. Thanks bunches! :smiley:

2 Likes

i have mango from tfa, cap, nr golden eye, fa, inw and i have to say that i like fr’s the best. but is really good at 2% with .5% golden eye and 1% cap sweet mango for a strong in your face mango. it really hits home on the actual experience and mouthfeel of biting into a sweet ripe mango without leaning to far in any floral direction and without any strange off notes. i have yet to try flavorahs mango so i cant compare. but i heard that one is good as well.

3 Likes

Well I like to do my own testing anyway to see how the flavor sits in a recipe, I have not had the chance to do all yet, I have done the watermelon, apple green and grape candy, and there is a big difference, I will go into more detail when I can get time to do it right, apple green, and grape candy, are about a 8/10 for me. I am disappointed with the watermelon for now, even LA, TFA, CAP, FW, INW, FA, RF, PUR,MF, FLAV, all seem like a better option, this is just bad a 2% not realistic nor candy Strait chemical. Like I said I will try to do more single tests on the winners and losers from them when I get a bit more time to write better notes, work always gets in the way of fun.

So I did some more tonight. Let me start by saying I am no by no means a concrete mixer or mystic rose, and and still have a hard time explaining my taste into words. For the Flavor Revolution testing I have went with a standard 2% mix across the board. I have to say there was a bit of hype to this brand, like all, love some despise others, but here are my thoughts on the one I mixed a week ago. No Nic, 10 ml. testers single flavor. Testeted with a single coil fused Clapton .4 ohm at 57 watt.in a Wotofo Freakshow ( yeah I know), but anyway here goes my thoughts. I think most are over-flavored at this level by the off taste I get from many, while not super over flavored they take on a chemical taste if over done, that may well be covered with other flavors in a mix they stand out in single mixes. also really don’t know how they will steep or hold up yet in mixes.

1. Grahm Cracker, mouth feel very dry but realistic without any cinnamon notes, slightly sweet with a very little touch of honey crispy almost a bit cardboard. a slight taste of butter a pretty solid flavor for pies and bakeries I would think. I would go about using this in the 1-2% range and would rate this flavor at a 7.5/ 10. I would say its about twice a strong as the TFA counterpart . but lacking a bit of richness.
    2.Blue Berry, the skin of blue berry, slightly sweet and tart with a bit of brightness and stronger body others lack, I think it would be more use full in bakeries, and is realistic to a point any thing over 2% becomes to astringent. may also be good for a booster to others, not a real harsh flavor at this %.I would use this a a bakery blueberry with a rating of 7/10.

2. Blue Raspberry, As tested needs more testing not recommended. so far a 2/ 10, totally chemical might work sub 1% to bolster but I know there are better options here,

4.Banana, like others have said a pretty good realistic banana, if not a bit waxy, what comes to mind her is the candy shell of a banana moon pie ,but if you look deeper you can get the real ripe banana without the off taste of TFA. and easier to mix with although that waxy shell taste seems to have a bit of aftertaste that makes me think candy, not runts but a banana coating of sorts. Still a good flavor though 8.5/10

1. Butterscotch, kind of a rich margarine style butterscotch lacking the Diketones that make it really good, slightly butric tasting 6/10.

2. Caramel along the line of butterscotch, thin with the same qualitys 5.5/10 my trial of MF has destroyed any hope for a quality caramel, while some others are decent, this one does not rank very highly for me.

7.Pineapple, here we go a very nice totally realistic Pineapple almost so that you can taste a bit of the bitterness from the harder core of it, my go to for most pineapple has been a 2/1 mix of Cap Golden pineapple and Inw Pineapple, I would like to do more with this one and will 9/10 a little harshness that is to be expected from pineapples and almost a slightly grilled taste to it.

1. Sweet Strawberry, In a world of a thousand Strawberries do we need another? not really but this is still a very good one a hybrid of sorts knid of like what you would get from the results of mixing TFA Stawberry ripe and CAP sweet at a 2-2 ratio I think this would work well in boh applications of.
    real and candy 8/10
    more to come but thats what I have for now a few others are tested and notes taken but i an about to call it fot the night. If any one has a more or can elaborate better lets hear them. thanks.
8 Likes

i think 2% on all FR is a bit too high. keeping these at 1% or below to me yields the best results with no BA taste and more than plenty flavor

5 Likes

I have been playing around with cheesecakes with the FR Custard at 0.50% with good results, although might lower further. My favorite for the Ripe Banana is 0.35%, which still produces a ton of flavor. The new Whipped Marshmallow CAP goes splendidly with Ripe Banana in a pudding.

6 Likes

I am pretty sure that 2% is too high for many of these, on the creams that’s were the BA gets out of hand and most of the fruits over 2% start to get chemical, I did at 2% in a 10ml 30/70 pg/vg mix I am waiting a bit to note any changes, after that I think I will top them off with some base to drop the flavor percents to try and figure out were they should be. Just on the tests so far I think your right on the money about the 1% range +/-. Still have the 4 Tobaccos to try out yet, mixed those up at the same time but ran out of time to test and make notes.

4 Likes

What kind of hardware are you using with the Ripe Banana @ .35%

Goon with Triple Core Claptons, 0.35% is just my personal sweet spot, I don’t mean that’s what everyone should use, it’s just where I like it for a fresh slice banana flavor. I have used it at 1% in a pudding, I just like it a tad lower.

3 Likes

Oh I agree completely! I was just curious. Doing some comparisons. Thanks

1 Like

Well hmm, OK Pap, let me explain better, I’m crap at explaining things. I don’t like much fruits, certain creamy type fruits I do. This is why I tend to keep fruit flavors low, and cream or custard flavors higher. For me, I found the Ripe Banana held well as an authentic banana flavor under 0.50%. I was trying to mimic fresh banana slices, without it being a full-on banana profile, so for a Cereal with Banana Slices I use 0.35% and for my Banana Pudding it’s 1%.

2 Likes

There was no need for further explanation, thought I might learn something new from your ideas. I appreciate it. Thank you!

No problem Pap. :blush:

I did a quick SFT of the Banana and I too think 2% might be too high. I tasted a mild soapy flavor mixed in with a dominant ripe banana and a softer candy styled banana on the back. Do you think 1.5% would be good or 1% across the board?

3 Likes

Leilani, I’ve found to like 0.35-0.5% the best for it, it really is crazy potent. Under 1% was the best for Single Flavor (for me at least).

4 Likes

Thanks @Silhouette. I appreciate it. I will retest it below 1%.

I was very surprised since the starting recommended dosage was 2%. Considering that I only get that “soapy” or warped plastic taste if 1) It’s an inherent characteristic in the concentrate itself (ex. Avocado OOO)

or 2.) I’m using the concentrate waaaaaay to high.

2 Likes