Flavor stash help

Hello! I actually just made my first purchase of flavors, I am following Rugly’s guide on youtube and I added about 10 more flavors to make some recipes I thought I would like from the recipes page.

My problem is, some of the flavors are pretty funky in my stash and I couldn’t find the correct flavors using the search function in the tool. How do I know if I have the right flavors selected to accurately generate my stash so I can cross reference recipes I can make?

4 Likes

The most popular option will be the first one in the drop down when you enter the flavors

8 Likes

When in doubt about a flavor name in my stash I go to Resources\Flavor List then type in the flavour. When the flavor list page refreshes, click on “Recipes” and the flavors will appear starting by the ones most used in recipes (these are typically the correct names). Click on the first name that matches your flavour, and at the top left of the screen under the flavor name it will say ‘Add to stash’ or ‘You have this flavor’. If it says ‘Add to stash’ then add it and go to your flavor stash and delete the old entry.

9 Likes

I’m with @KiwiPete on that method of adding flavors to my stash, I find it to be the most accurate way to find and add the correct flavor to my stash :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

How many times have you tried to make a recipe and ordered a flavor you thought you didn’t have? :thinking: I’m sure many of us have been in that boat especially when you have several hundred flavors and can’t remember them all. With international shipping costs on every order, I can’t afford to make those mistakes again so I am pedantic about my stash!

9 Likes

Might try reading the quide… forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/the-elr-users-guide-to-creating-your-flavor-stash/188210

5 Likes

I’m raising my hand :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

I’m sure we are not the minority here @muth! :smiley:

4 Likes

My biggest concern is that I forget to add new flavors to my stash. Big mistake. I’ve placed orders for a flavor certain I didn’t have it and sure enough there it was shelved with the other flavors. I’m mentioning it because it might save someone from repeating my mistakes.

5 Likes

and how about re-ordering re-orders? :rofl:

4 Likes

I call that frantic :astonished: :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s called not looking in the cupboard of backups before hitting the go button on the cart. I now keep purchase info in the notes of my flavor stash and check that first. I’ve been too lazy to pull out all the bottles in cupboard :blush:

4 Likes

Thx for the tip. You must have a lot of flavors. I don’t want to get up and start hunting for flavors either.
Cheers, Pete. Bedtime for me :smile_cat:

4 Likes

There are off-line recipe calculators that have the ability to track your inventory. I can pull up a list of all my flavors and at a glance know which ones need re-stocking.

3 Likes

No kidding? :astonished:

3 Likes

I hear you @muth. @KiwiPete for some reason, I never get all my flavors added to my stash either, and if you mix on different sites, things get compounded. I finally sucked it up, and created two large spreadsheets, one for my small bottles, and one for my big jugs. Shared it across my network so I can see it on any device connected.

It WAS a PITA to first set it up, but just did it, and keep it updated.

3 Likes

@TorturedZen Hot Rod’s Juice Calculator ?

@muth

http://www.diyjuicecalculator.com/

4 Likes

Sure do have a lot of CAP Blueberry Jam! Is it that good or is it stock for your customers?

3 Likes

I looked at this calculator years ago and I was completely baffled by it! It made me feel stupid, lol.

3 Likes

Hehe, that was a screw up, that’s supposed to be in the “Big Jug” spreadsheet.

Everyone’s gotta find their own system. My racks are full with small bottles, which I count, and add to any other small bottles left off the racks to refill. On ones I use a lot of, I buy in much bigger jugs, and track them separately. EVERY TIME, I re-fill the rack bottles, I subtract it from the spreadsheet, without exception.

You just got to find the system that works for you, suck it up (it sucks to count everything, but you only do it once), then it’s a simple matter of just remembering to subtract quantities, EVERY time you re-fill your rack bottles.

3 Likes