Flavor stash help

Thank you. That is just what I needed. Couldn’t quite find that when I was searching so I popped the question.

4 Likes

Well try it out, and see if it works for you @muth, my experiences might be different. I was told that natural flavors can expire quicker, if not fridged, but artificials didn’t benefit from it. Not sure if it’s true, but I stuck to it. PG/VG/Flavors room temp, Medicine Flower in fridge, all NIC in freezers.

4 Likes

Kinda makes sense to me, thx :+1:

5 Likes

Well talk to @fidalgo and @woftam, as I think they store all their flavors in fridges.

4 Likes

The only down fall to using a fridge has been some flavors crystalize like AP or Malted Milk even Shisha Vanilla . I do keep my fridge on the warmest setting it averages about 55f all year . @muth I lost a bunch of flavors stiring them in a closet when I first started DIY . The Weather was great and the closet was well iver 100 degrees . I did a lot of research ti make sure that using a fridge was ok . The first one to suggest it was Pascal Piot the guy who had the French Clone site Lediypournuls ( spelled wrong ) lol…Ive had no issues of condensation or any other change in flavors…

5 Likes

Yes i do use a fridge for all of my flavors , Extracts dont have to be put in fridge but you can control the environment more . I have dedictaed mini fridges . I also put my opened Nicotine in there as well.

5 Likes

How the heck do you have a closet well over 100F? Did you live in an attic apartment? My closets stay cool because they’re not against any outside walls and I keep them closed all the time so heat from the furnace doesn’t penetrate them.

5 Likes

Lol at the time i lived in a duplex while go through a divorce and it was summer time and the place had NO air conditioning it was August and the closet was right next to the Washer/ dryer …

5 Likes

Love my acrylic racks - need to deal to those pesky 2oz NR bottles :thinking:

6 Likes

Truth

5 Likes

…Ugh!

2 Likes

Yep - whenever Flavor West Butter Pecan appears at my suppliers. It’s getting as rare as rocking horse :poop:.
I’m going to have to order it from abroad and pay the customs duty :slightly_frowning_face:.

3 Likes

I also use a spreadsheet tracking everything including price, date, bottle size, etc. One thing that helps me is the category sheet. When I’m looking a specific flavor like say creams, I see each cream I have all in one spot. About every 6 months I do a complete inventory verifying each bottle then updating my flavor stash. I actually enjoy stuff like that.

5 Likes

There is so much differing advise on how to store nic/vg/pg/flavors. What ever method you use there are pro’s and con’s, with people experiencing different results/effects on their liquids. As we are are a global community I think differing climates, types of household heating, the amount of natural and artificial light in our mixing environments (UV exposure) all play a role. My office/vape lair is on the sunless side of my house so UV exposure from natural light is low. I use LED lighting which to my understanding emits the lowest levels of UV for standard household lighting.The temperature is the ambient temperature of the house for the time of year and does not fluctuate much.
While I am no expert, I consider the best results from storage is to maintain a consistent environment. I believe degradation of any liquids is more likely to occur due to high level fluctuations in temperature and light. If your environment suffers these fluctuations or extreme heat, storing liquids in fridges like @fidalgo_vapes would be ideal. I don’t think they wouldn’t even need to be turned on as long as they were maintaining a constant temperature.

6 Likes

I tried that and the fridge ends up getting a moldy smell so I do keep it at the warmest setting

4 Likes

LOL…I most definitely stand corrected!

4 Likes

Lol…It Does make sense though

4 Likes