Flavor test / recipe test

Hi,
quick question.
When I want to test single flavors or easy recipes I use a VG/PG/Nicotine base I made myself. That base is 70/30 + 6mg nicotine. Then I use 5ml of it and add 0.25-0.35g of the flavor, put it in an ultrasonic cleaner for 15 min and test it.
I think it works well like that because it’s so easy. Do you think it’s ok to do so or are you getting VG, PG and nictone out every time and mix it separately?

4 Likes

Applicable to any brand and there’s a part 2 and 3 as well. I highly recommend watching this, very, very useful.
Forget about your USC and your fixed 0.25-0.35g. The % you mix at usually varies per flavor. I’m using the same mixer as used in this video, it’s cheap and easy for testing.
5 Likes

I mix my nic base myself and find it much more efficient than pulling out all the individual liquids every mixing session. I second the suggestion you don’t get fixated on a total flavor percentages. Even within each brand you’ll find your sweet spot will vary from flavor to flavor. There is also the fact that many flavors work equally well as both a main note or as an enhancer.

2 Likes