Flavor West Maraschino Cherry Won't Blend?!?

Has anyone out there used Flavor West maraschino cherry? I am having a hard time making it blend. Even after steeping at high temperatures for extended amounts of time and storing, the maraschino cherry flavoring still floats on top of the VG.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

1 Like

Get better flavors…
[Cherries Inawera] (Check cookies)
[Cherry Inawera] (Check cookies)

3 Likes

I agree with PV, its not really worth the effort as its not a very good flavoring. Anything that require high heat to mix is likely ruining the liquid anyway. Certain flavorings are very heat sensitive and nicotine’s worst enemy’s are heat, light and oxygen.

2 Likes

I have used both FW Maraschino Cherry and FW Coconut. I have never had either one separate from the rest of the blend. Both flavors are water soluble and will readily mix with usual ingredients used for blending Ejuice. I honestly have no idea what your problem is but different flavors do not sound like a solution…

2 Likes

Though I agree with FW M. Cherry sucks and the FW coconut is only soso. They do not separate in a mix and there is absolutely no need to apply heat to get them to mix. @Jamal1 is either having a problem with the process (heat ???) or something else in the mix.

2 Likes

Havent tried the Coconut, its one of them real foods that i am not a fan of. But man i love to each a jar of MCherries! Sadly the vast majority of cherry flavorings are meh.

Honestly i cant imagine what the issue could be, i have found very very few flavorings that wont mix together properly and most of them were citrus based tho i couldnt get Eucalyptus and Anise to homogenize, i even tried swearing at it…

1 Like

Boy do I agree with this. I have finally found something to use for a touch of cherry flavor though and you’re gonna be quite surprised. FW Gummi Bear flavor. Before discovering this I had given up trying to add cherry to a blend. Every mix tasted like cough medicine before my discovery and I had tried 5 different cherry flavors in the past…

1 Like

Ill have to add it to my ECX list, ive been wanting to grab some for quite awhile now but just keep forgetting. So far my favorite cherries are from Medicine Flower, expensive but perfect. Amy tried for awhile to find a decent cherry with no luck. I havent tried any FA or INW cherry tho.

1 Like

Try this sometime and get your diacetyl on…lol. If your scared use another Yogurt!

Gummi Bear (FW) 8%
Marshmallow (FW) 2%
Yogurt (FW) 10%

For just a touch of cherry I use just 2% Gummi usually…

1 Like

Do FW’s yogurt contains diketones? Cant tell you how happy that would make me.

Their plain Yogurt only, that’s why it’s so good. They have a Greek Yogurt without Diacetyl. The Regular contains .36% Diacetyl. No worry these days when you consider a cigarette has 750 times the amount of diacetyl…

1 Like

I was never worried, only when it doesnt contain DA and has BTA instead, hehe. I see i made the right choice when i ordered yogurt flavoring as i bought some already.

Ill be sitting down to mix with it tomorrow now. Thanks for this info ringling, you have made me a very happy man.

1 Like

I have no solution for the separation either… I was thinking more along the lines of your second statement.

2 Likes

Can’t argue that, it does indeed suck…

1 Like

It is notoriously a bad flavor sorry. The only way I ever did use it was as a micro mixer ( literally a drop or two ) and that was with another cherry. Check out INW cherry it is great as well as FA ( it’s a bit weaker )

For the most part most of us seasoned folks swore off looking for a true " maraschino cherry " those cherries listed and the links PV gave will lead ya in the right direction.

And Yes as @ringling said he taught me this trick FW’s gummy bear gives off a cherry essence use it where you would a cherry or add it to another cherry in a mix to bring up that flavor profile !

1 Like

I don’t use cherry very often in anything, but I was creating a cherry cigar for a friend of mine and found out that the FLV Bing Cherry will be my go to cherry flavor in the future. :+1: Very nice at low percentages.

1 Like