Flavorah flavors

Nope, it’s gonna be banana pineapple in front, cinnamon clove in rear, need a wintergreen in the mid. , don’t see a FLV wintergreen. Any subs?

5 Likes

Spearmint or Peppermint…

you could work in some cool menthol and ice… up to 3 drops per 30ml…

5 Likes

Yeah, may have to mix them 2, with a bit of cool

5 Likes

I like the ice and cool menthol together… it just makes it more realistic.
One of the most simplest mixes I have is my candy cane base… from there… you can use any drink recipe, even for smoothies… or plain fruits. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ok I’m on BCV now loading my cart, had this in my head for a week now, wanted to go all FLV, makes sense a touch of cool menthol should give me that wintergreen, thanks SB

5 Likes

Dang, cool menthol “out of stock” woe is me

5 Likes

I am hording 1 bottle and one is opened :partying_face: :rofl: :wink: :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Testing the mixed, steeped Alpine Strawberry, 1d in 60ml. It was considerably weaker than other tests (DUH) at this low 1d per 60ml. The flavor didn’t really change at all from what I remember previously. It was rather light and airy at this weight, and I never really got a rich red strawberry from it. It still leaned heavily towards an almost white/green part of a strawberry. Not bitter or unripe, but it didn’t impart the really rich, juicy red parts that I get from say TPA’s Strawberry Ripe, or FA’s Juicy Strawberry. It seemed to carry really mostly the high notes of a strawberry, and maybe that’s why I perceive it as the white/green parts. I can’t see using it as the main SB carrier in a mix, but could def. see it as a booster/enhancer, much like using an Apricot to brighten the high end in some fruits. Not bad, but a different take on a strawberry. Super strong to be sure, and even with this reduction in weight, I’m left with about the same flavor profile(s) I had at other higher rates. Because I have 60ml of this now, plenty of chain vaping is allowed. Every once in a while, I almost got a pine-y note from it. Just a smidge, and it came and went throughout the tankful.

Full, rich, red strawberry ?? Not so much.
Ultra strong, high end punch notes ?? All day long.

8 Likes

hmm… wonder if you did 2 drops?

I get with 2 drops in 30ml… with a 5 day wait… plenty of sweet strawberry…
Sure I could layer in some reg strawberry or even Strawberry Smash… and have a beautiful berry, red and juicy… I do think with Alpine… it is a body reaction happening somewhere… some can taste what I do, others… its too strong, or like you… catching the end bits… tops and bottoms… it’s for sure a flavor I wrack my head thinking about… :slight_smile:

Thanks for trying Sd… I owe ya one :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Hehe, I was very careful this time. 1d, and the 501 registered 0.02g, and I put the twist top on.

5 Likes

Well when letting it steep, I did some checking to see if maybe I just couldn’t read the flavor or something, and a few had the same-ish results, but not all.

I’ve tried this flavor at various percentages and tried pairing with several different other flavors. Can’t seem to find a happy place. Others are recommending anywhere between 0.5 - 3% usage. Ghastly! At 1 drop from the FLV needle tip bottle in 30 ml I taste this very distinctly. It’s extraordinarily strong, in line with FLV’s Lime and Rich Cinnamon in strength. Even at 1 drop/30ml it can dominate a mix and mute other flavors.

I don’t taste strawberry per se, but rather the idea that it’s a strawberry. The flavor note to me is reminiscent of juniper, which hides most of any strawberry flavor that should be present. I want to like this, and feel somewhere out there is a good pairing. However, it won’t be cakes or custards, candy or any other dessert vape. Perhaps a good accent to a tobacco mix, or a floral tea.

still working with this flavor but so far all I know is that it’s SUPER strong. I had to dilute this to a 10% dilution and at that rate, even 0.50% I could still clearly taste the flavor. the flavor itself is odd and hard for me to describe. I get a hint of strawberry and then something else. some people describe it as “earthy” but it’s not earthy in the way TFA Strawberry Ripe is, for example. it’s almost pine-y. will update notes once I’ve worked with it more.

A very forward, somewhat floral/chemically strawberry. Very nice strawberry top notes. I feel like this is a strawberry that strawberry-non-tasters will be able to taste, although I cannot confirm this. The chemical notes die down a bit after a steep; your palate also gets used to those notes after a few drags leaving you with a clean bright very forward strawberry. Can be used as a Strawberry accent as low as 0.25%, and a full strawberry flavor up to 1.5%.

5 Likes

This is correct… 1 drop = .02g or .02ml
You wont find any odd numbers and should not have odd numbers in your recipes either… :slight_smile:

Yeps this isnt effecting everyone… but enough to make one think on what it is it’s representing…

Alpines are a special bread of strawberry… the clusters are small… and they are the sweetest strawberry ever grown. They often will not replicate the main plant known as the mother plant… has to be done by seed to grow more…

5 Likes

How bout 10 drops… :+1: Some things just don’t change, pretty much my same experience over several test… I just didnt get that full sb.

4 Likes

When I read that I thought “hey, that is the off note I detected” I just had a hard time thinking what it might be but you nailed it. I just dripped some from my long steeped 1 drop in 15ml tester and yep, piney note. It is weird that I like it, the 1 drop in 15ml was my favorite of the 2 other tests. It is odd though, others try it and I get that weird look, like what is it. Nobody I mix for likes it but me, good, that means this bottle is gonna last me forever :grin:

Not something I would recommend, so many awesome strawberries from other mfgs at a significant price reduction. Not mad I have it and will get used from time to time.

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer

I was re reading these for some reason and it jumped to the bit about how to open a clogged tip. My knifes are sharp enough to slice the tip in 1/2 (especially my hunting hatchets). Using the banana isn’t going to be easy. Have to find a movie Ninja to do it. They can do everything. They can throw a throwing star through an engine block and kill the guy hiding behind it lmao!

Honest though. I used to sharpen knives by hand for restaurants. Those fresh “cook it in front of you” places did come back with a complaint once. I was told they were to sharp. I couldn’t make them that sharp for them anymore (one of them almost cut their finger off I guess).

6 Likes

The flavorah flavors aren’t supposed to get stronger when you get it to the taste you like, right? I just changed my coil out to see if that was causing the issue. They would taste great. then the next day, taste like chemicals (I didn’t mix them heavy. 1 drop at a time…very slow… and the flavor was weak in case they did settle in a little stronger). the banana/french vanilla I make is good but reaaallly strong!!! 30mls, 1 drop and most of the banana flavor went away and got replaced!!! The FVnla is an SB flavor. It’s so strong at the amount I used it almost takes your breath away! super potent!!" Good, but strong!

5 Likes

I don’t know how long you’re letting your mixes steep before you are trying and/or deciding you have the right level. If you’re doing it fresh mixed, or after a day, you’re going to screw yourself up. As far as UP-steeping, I don’t know that Flavorah is known for that, but Medicine Flower is DEF. known for that, so it is possible.

4 Likes

@Caped_Conspirathist is talking about one of my lab’s flavors I sent him. It is incredibly strong. It does need time to steep, but can be vaped immediately. I am suspecting that Doug is one of our super tasters. The french vanilla usage is 1-3 drops per 30ml, and needs a 5 day steep time. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@anon84779643
AHHAH!!!.. (I don’t know why I typed that? like it can be heard?).
One of the exact flavors I’ve been having an issue with. There’s only 2 and that’s one of the monsters.

5 Likes

FLV Arriving Monday!

Cream
Sweet Cream
Pound Cake
Donuts
Sweet Dough
Frosting
Cherimoya
Mango
Raspberry
Cookie
Sun Cookie
Sweetness

Random thoughts or tips on any of these would be appreciated :slight_smile:

@anon84779643, I am not set up to do a run of tests from 2,4,6,8,10 drops,etc… in 10ml on each of these, but you can believe that I’ll be starting with very low %! :wink:

8 Likes