Flavorah- Strawberry, Alpine, Smash, and Filling

I got this one early on before public release and mixed it waaay too high. I did adjust it to something vapable, but it still wasn’t that full well rounded SB I was looking for… (probably a preference thing). and yes I did mix it in the ranges you specified above.

RF Strawberry checked more SB boxes for me, but I did have fading issues with it. I noticed not everyone had this same problem as me with fading though.

I did create a SB Base for my SB fix, so it all ended well for me.

4 Likes

Which ranges, @Pro_Vapes lol I mentioned a few… I am always curious as to who mixed how much and thoughts on the flavor… for me… if I really want a killer strawberry… I combine Alpine with strawberry… its more like 1 drop alpine with .8% reg strawberry in a 30ml… I have to be in the mood… and when I am, I am pretty much stuck there till my 30 gives out… I wont touch it again for a few months… :slight_smile:

for a solo or with cream it’s 3 drops alpine and 1.2% cream… I might get a bit wacked and toss in some caramel or butterscotch too…

add on here… alpine 2 drops in 30ml with .4% white chocolate, 2 drops lime, 1% cream and 2 drops Pucker… will give a nice sweet strawberry dipped into crumbly white chocolate… the lime settles down to non tasting and provides a better expectation from Alpine…

1 Like

I’m not a big SF testers, but considering Brenden sent this to a group of us here for that specific reason I tried it between 1 drop to 2% in 10-30 mls. pg at various increments and found the lower levels best but not stellar for my tastes.

2 Likes

As mentioned in another thread I do like Alpine Strawberry at 1 drop per 30ml but it is so different than other strawberries that it is not popular with friends.

The other FLV Strawberry flavors are way off for me regardless of % used, have 3 bottles that I may never use, regular SB, SB Smash and SB filling.

If you have any tips @anon84779643 for those 3 besides the one you posted above I will give it a shot. I know they can work as mixers but then I question why? I can leave them out of the mix just as easily if they need something to make them good.

2 Likes

FLV Eggnog is good stuff. You gotta try the Milk & Honey, I could almost drink that straight out the bottle. Sweet Coconut…get outa here, great flavor. Bourbon I am a little obsessed with at the moment…oh yeah, the flavor too :wink:

Now I gotta mix some eggnog, you mixing that just by itself at 1.4%?

2 Likes

By itself yes… ideas?

2 Likes

I had gotten it right around Christmas I think so haven’t had a lot of time to play with it, I just know it is good. I might of mixed a little FLV Cream with it, that is a pretty damn good cream.

I think eggnog is pretty good by itself, just wanted to get your thoughts on possible pairings.

2 Likes

I just mixed it up again

0.50% Eggnog
1% Cream
0.50% Milk & Honey

Off the shake it is really tasty, the milk & honey is there to add a little sweetness but make no mistake, the eggnogg is the star of the show. I just like the cream in there as I felt it lacked a little creaminess with eggnog by itself.

3 Likes

My rates for Strawberry ranges from .4% to 1%
at .4% its a light good strawberry
at 1% it is a bit overwhelming to me, on the verge of too much of a good thing…

Same for Strawberry Cream, except I have to stop at .8% for SC as it gets off tones and crumbles…
it could be good with the cookies and cream… might pair that up tonight … In the mood for different things…

Strawberry Smash… best damn cocktail…
My rates for it… .4% up to 1.2% (any higher and its not that good to me… even 12% can become bit too much.) Pairs with Juniper gin, Tequila Agave… citrus soda will give it bubbles… and any cream will lend a frosty taste… another fav, besides Alpie… I love the lime in it too much

Strawberry filling…
This one here, it can go south real quick even morphing and muting… I like it between .2% and .6% and keeping it low is your friend. It can get overwhelming and eat your other flavors too… Despite that… it makes a good filling for a rhubarb pie… and it love loves creams custards and pudding!

Does this help?

oh on a side note: Pink Fruit… .I tested from .2% - 4% I want to say sooo bad… this one flavor…
My ranges is from .2% up to 1% - I call halts at 1% as it is what I term a flavor “grower” it spreads, it can smooth out rough edges on raspberries as well as help folks that are pink or red fruit blind.

2 Likes

Ideas for eggnog… Bourbon, white chocolate milk chocolate [but not too much, same with mocha maybe 2-3 drops in 30ml] strawberries, blueberries… to make it even thicker… if you have 1% eggnog… try .4%-.6% vanilla pudding. If you add more than that… of any cream, you risk thinning down the nog… You could try to add brulee in… but then brulee has it’s own spices too… Banana is yet another mouth texturizer used at .2% to .4%… Helps any?

2 Likes

Thanks @anon84779643

I had the most success with SB Smash, the other 2 are probably lost causes for my taste no matter what % I tried them at.

I am going to experiment more with Eggnog but like my mix so far, those other pairings do sound good, bourbon and white chocolate especially.

2 Likes

you might want to lower the other 2 even lower… I would say that dreaded solo tasting…
Start with 1 drop in 30ml and raise it up till you do like it…
They aren’t lost causes… I want to say it is part of your body chemistry… just try them again eh maybe every 2 mo…

1 Like