Flavorah Tasting Notes

I havent but the drops are smaller, it took a couple more drops to get to .03% than with the old bottles. The new bottles are a lot more accurate. I like them muchly, especially now that i have been dropping the %s way down with FLV. Thanks to y’alls work, of course.

6 Likes

They are really nice… look wise tho :stuck_out_tongue:
but yes, much more accurate. I really wish I had the time for my site, I need to add in a ton of notes and some flavors are missing. They worked really hard on getting them done properly… and I am tickled they did… Ease of use wins any day of the week :wink: Thanks @Ken_O_Where :smile:

4 Likes

The thanks goes to you. I was very skeptical about the low %s, perhaps my palate wasnt quite there yet either. Ever since @woftam mentioned your notes and site ive been very curious about just how low one can go on the flavorings and still perceive them as they are meant to be. I havent found that answer yet as each time i try just a bit lower. And not just with FLV, tho ill not discuss the others in this thread.

I just wanted you to know that your input has been very valuable to me and im sure to many others as well. Thanks again for your contributions. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh my… me? thank you Ken, that means a lot… and yes you can apply this method to any flavor manufacture… I find a lot of people tend to do 2 things… copy the “standard” or just assume… and with flv I find you just can not do it like that. Well you can… but you spend more, use more… for less than the full flavor of the flavoring… so yes, thank you… wow… I appreciate this and you playing around! It can be as fun as you allow it to be! :slight_smile: <3

4 Likes

This is a recipe that uses apple filling. I just recently made a 500ml so i could test over a period of months. I believe the apple flavor is more candy than i originally thought (after one month Steep) so it may need to be dropped down. I will know in a few months! I enjoy this recipe. Its like apple pie. The apple filling is very “spicy” and harsh to begin with. Thanks for your notes!

6 Likes

Just a little custard… only needs a 4 day steep… and a lil rhubarb with strawberries… <3
if your flavorah taste harsh and needs a month steep, you are overdoing your flavoring… imo.

4 Likes

I was referring to the type of flavor apple filling is. Bold and very strong. I was meaning it blends nicely after about a month. I got smacked in the face with your theory. I get it, we both mix differently. Not a huge deal.

4 Likes

I was not referring to you and only you, Laura… If you feel that way, sorry!
Most of my recipes have a 3-5 day time period where after that, they blossom.
I have found, use more, steep longer, use more, you get that harshness, or a chemical taste, or even muting, or flavor notes just poofing… however, not everyone I can reach will try or will understand or even agree with.

Ya know… I can accept that, as well as what I taste, you might not… I keep saying this as I do know I reach out to others, in hopes to compare how low we all can go and still taste what is intended… because again, if less is more, less is cheaper, and less is better, I know which way I will go… Kinda defeats everything if one does not ever try. Experiment and having fun does matter… even if one wants to use 40% flavoring… its all in what one tastes and loves… nothing else.

Happy Mother’s day! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not a problem! You have reiterated your opinion so many times i just ran out of things to say i guess. I dont mix in a lab and dont have a fan page, but i am glad we both love flavorah! Happy mothers day to you as well!

3 Likes

So you refer to your recipe, by commenting on mine?
I find, since you want to talk about your recipe first… Apple Filling is gorgeous, keeping it at .6-.8% after 3 days it’s a full apple spiced type taste and the texture is out of this world… It’s mouth watering and makes me feel well, thirsty… its light, but too light, just right and thick and I love it with a lil pudding .6% and 3 drops of vanilla bean in 30ml

So that would look like
.8% Apple filling
.6% Vanilla Pudding
.07% Vanilla Bean

I do not find it harsh just easy on my tongue…

It also makes a cool soft pie crust, mixed with some things like this:

.4% Apple Filling
.4% Cookie
.4% Graham Cracker

However… back to my recipe…
Rhubarb is an awesome flavor… and can be overdone/overused. It can smell and taste like grass or feet… some might even pick up a cheese taste. Has nothing to do with your recipe, Laura, and you commented about yours, under mine… I in no way, commented my recipe to anyone… just posted about using these flavors higher than what I have, as I find it very harsh and needing a longer steep. I find if you keep all of flv low… taste is better, steep time is quicker…

I have been posting my notes on my site, but I honestly have little time these days, and I really was surprised by @Ken_O_Where, as last night took me by surprise, it truly did… and it made my night. Funny :slight_smile: and I thank others for pointing him to my site. I dont know @woftam, but happy he said something to Ken… Im glad they both are tinkering and I like to see everyone enjoying flavorah, as much as I do.

It is not often I hear feedback like what Ken said, and it made me really happy he is even attempting to go lower. I have others that do try as well… I won’t call out here, they may or may not be here… but I do repeat my message because I do think it is something cool to think on… Sorry you ran out of things to say, maybe you should try to do I dunno… something… experiment… play… have fun… Im not taking anything away from your posts… but I do hope to contribute just as well as the next person, because one day, we all might not have that chance.

I have been enjoying flv for almost 6 yrs now… and I do have experience with concentrated flavorings. Where I work and if I run a page or not… doesn’t matter. I’m not hard to find. or get along with. In fact, I enjoy making new friends and listening to new ideas… I’m kind of odd like that. but I do me quiet well… :wink:

Cheers… :wink:

btw… I hate long steep times… I dont mix big, I don’t have all day favs, and I create recipes at the speed that astounds me and others… I am not perfect, but I have developed a way to keep my tongue happy… and that is the end game for us; all happy tongues and staying off the smokes… end of the day… I still am sleeping catty corner on a king size bed… with no regrets. :wink:

5 Likes

I agree 100% with your testing and results. It is nice to see a correct usage of FLV pineapple. 0.07-0.08 is correct imo. More and you get onions. Makes me wonder how many bad reviews even those on “noted” podcast are a result of overflavoring. I have always taken everything with a grain of salt and a healthy amount of skepticism. IMO 98% of all flavorings can be used it just takes experience and know how as to how and when to use them

5 Likes

@mixologist13 Fried onion rings… just like the ones you can buy in a can… come from a combo of pineapple, sangria, and fried dough (for the grease) and cookie :stuck_out_tongue: I have to agree with you… onions! This is why I say have fun with your mixes… if you don’t play around, how would you know about onions, or ever pickled beets (moscato with a few things). I find a good sense of humor does help but…

I best not say another word, I might be slapping someone else in the face with my “theories”. I tried the grain of salt, I tried to just laugh and help… but the petty bs… after years of saying slow down, or ease up… I think because of last night… yeah… here I go! aww what the heck… pour some more down into the bottle… give it a 6 month steep and there ya go…

I can’t tho. I found out thru experience, start with a few drops, like 1-2 drops in 10 ml… find out how many drops makes a ml, then once you have your accuracy down pat, then see where you taste what and put a recipe together. It’s not rocket science, but with the drop amount standard being 35 per ml… and its way more than that now, to make a ml out of flavorah, especially with the new bottles… it really does make a difference in recipes. With Flavorah being so high in cost, you’d think people would realize to start low.

I can not seem to get that into making sense to others, even tho it is a function of @Lars design. It’s like no one stops to think on it and that makes mixing with other flavor companies together with flv off as well as it’s why a lot of recipes turn out so heavy. If I say anything, then I have people all pissy I did. Cant win… It’s so easy to mistake what one says thru text… you really do not hear tones of text.

I happen to like the smilies here… even if it only keeps me happy! thanks @mixologist13, you are right… how and when to use them or to say anything, or not… Things like this is what keeps me away… When someone else has a different approach and a few take offense, why bother? It does get old after a while. but I bother because I know it matters, and I want others to have a good experience mixing, to keep mixing. Thanks for getting me to laugh this morning! :hugs:

3 Likes

@anon84779643 Thanks for your FLV insights.

3 Likes

Best thing that ever happened in my mixing journey is running into @anon84779643 and mixing with flavorah. I rarely use other brands now. Mixing with flavorah and using drops was new to me a few months ago now it is the only way to go. Thanks for what you have taught me Smoky :wink:

3 Likes

Will try to keep them coming, @SessionDrummer… summer is almost here and I am a bit busy with a few things. I don’t do my notes like a few do…but its alright. If we were all the same, every site for mixing would be dull and boring :wink:

Meantime I did share a clove tobacco recipe today that I created this January, not sure if anyone else caught it, but the clove and lemon tea play off each other while the tobaccos meld together, cig style… If anyone wants to give it a spin and post up thoughts, more than welcome. To increase the clove cigarette, I find dropping the cream down to .4% works well, without increasing the other flavors. Total flavoring used: 1.7%

3 Likes

@anon84779643, I have seen some of your recipes and I feel like mixing some, and I will have to pass order to many of the flavors … but you do not make it easy! lol, because I order from several resellers and they all have different bottles, something that makes it difficult to measure in drops, but so, it is tempting, because the concentrates and the times of maturation are an added value … nevertheless, comes the question of 1 million dollars! How do the juices behave over time? I usually do lots of 50 and 100mls. and sometimes they last for 1 year until they are totally consumed …
I really appreciate your dedication and sharing your knowledge with the community. thank you :wink: :+1:

6 Likes

@Mandrax

I mix mostly in 30ml, but you will find some of my recipes are for 4oz. I used to mix by the gallon, and I have yet to have any issues, once my recipes are at the point of where I like them to be. I do not keep juices around for more than 6 months, but I have had shops that have had some of mine in their storage for 1yr+
Personal preference I guess as I am lucky my juices will last a month. If it is good, it gets vaped all gone!

Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would you consider yourself a super taster or just slightly more better at tasting than the average person. Average after not smoking for a year or two.

5 Likes

In my experience most of FLV’s starting percentages are easily within the 1% mark. If I want more then I’ll make note of it but for the most part when I use them I treat them as more potent than weak and it usually does the trick. I did see what you are saying and 5% of most FLV flavors would be extreme over usage.

6 Likes

I have 8 years of vaping… I have my off days, just like anyone else :slight_smile:

2 Likes