Flavorah Tasting Notes

I had a double take at the date thinking have I missed three months but then remembered that US citizens write the date differently.

To me that’s the 4th July 2021.
A day which I know is also celebrated in your part of the world.

7 Likes

Most of American folks write it mm/dd/yy… Current or former military may write it dd/mm/yy. But typically military write it dd/mon/yyyy, like today is 07APR2021…

7 Likes

Interestingly the FLV Mint Candy SFT has a slightly pink hue to it now. Somewhat odd smell. Not quite mint but not toothpaste either. Seems mild at 1% at 4 days out but will give it some serious testing in another week or so.

5 Likes

@scifoc, keep those notes coming. I didn’t get a pink hue, but overall, I got a blue hue from mine. Just slightly bitter and dry on the finish, but not in an off-putting way, and I felt the peppermint to mint ratio was 65:35.

2 Likes

Mint Candy (Flavorah) 0.6% (4-10-21) – Gave this one a little extra steep time, to make sure it was settled before testing. I had expected a green mint, but instead, got more of a blue peppermint and green mint candy. To my tastes, it leaned 65% peppermint, and 35% mint. It had some of the more typical dry finishing aspects, but didn’t really take away from the flavor. The majority of the vape was tempered by a nice candy “smoothing” taste and effect. Although about mid level sweet, it did have very minor bitter notes, but again, very minor. I typically cannot vape any cooling agents, and I actually had no issues with this flavor, even with some minor “cooling” effect. The candy taste/effect was very expertly done and was very realistic. While admittedly not a huge user of mints, this one presented as a very good, realistic peppermint/mint candy that leaned to the peppermint, with no off-putting notes, and with very minor dryness, and bitter on the finish. At 0.6% it felt really full, and tasty without being heavy handed or ceiling pushing. If you are looking for a peppermint/mint combo that has some really good smooth candy underpinnings, this one will work for you. Leaving it solidly @ 8.5/10.

10 Likes

Pearesto (Flavorah) 0.8% (4-10-21) – This one continued to be a mystery to me from smelling it in the bottle, to during the steep, to vape testing it. I think I FINALLY have it figured out, BUT, hehe, you’ll have to read on. This is indeed, a Pear. Nice, juicy, and fairly ripe, but with some fresh undertones built in for good measure. It DID have an intriguing note that persisted from beginning to end, and from smelling it in the bottle, to post-steep vaping. This note, MAY decide if this flavor is right for you, or not. To my tastes, it wasn’t off-putting, but it continued to mystify me, up until JUST now. I know exactly what Flavorah was trying to reproduce, and that’s the canned, sweetened pear taste. Ever eaten pear out of a can with syrup ?? It’s not that it actually tastes LIKE a can, but there’s just this “something”, that you know when you taste it. I think THAT, is what Flavorah was trying to accomplish here. I struggled throughout TWO tester tanks to try and decide how to explain it, but I think I can. It’s almost a CELERY note !!! Yes, yes, I know how that sounds, and how you’ll try and decipher how exactly a Pear with Celery might taste, hehe. It eluded me for QUITE a while, but I finally think THAT, is the best way to describe it. Now, what does that do, TO a Pear ?? It gives it a VERY close likeness to canned pears in syrup. Literally. NOW, this WILL be the deciding factor as to whether this is a hero or zero for you, so be advised, it’s IN there. To me, despite the fact that once I decided it was celery-like, I couldn’t UN-taste it, it really didn’t hurt the flavor at all, and when comparing to the aforementioned canned/syrup pear taste, I think it DOES work, specifically for that type of flavor. Not off-putting (to me), and felt plenty strong at 0.8%, and sweetness was almost below mid level. What I DIDN’T get from this was any “sugar sand” effect, but that was about it. Some may say the “celery” that I was getting COULD be replication of the skin, and that could be in play as well. All in, a VERY interesting Pear, minus any sugar sand notes, but with some VERY unique “celery like” aspects that could mimic canned syrup pears, or even skin. The extra note(s) worked for me, so the only real take offs would be for the missing sugar-sand/grit. Very uniquely set at 9.2/10.

10 Likes

I know exactly that flavor you speak of. I’ve always called it tin. :thinking:

5 Likes

Ripe Mango (Flavorah) 0.8% (4-10-21) – Well there’s NO mistaking you’ve got Mango in this one. Nice, full, rich, and plenty of mid body notes with this one. I haven’t tried the Sweet Mango yet, and this one is almost 1/2 way to mid sweet, so it’s more about the fruit and less about the sweet. Ripe IS the moral of the story here, and plenty of it, and I think that is what drove the MID region of notes in this one. A very few high sparkly notes, and some low end notes. Pretty damned natural to my tastes, and although 0.8% didn’t feel too high, you could probably range this one 0.5-0.8%. Nothing out of place, and it DID leave me wanting just a few more high end sparkly notes on the top end. Perhaps the Sweet Mango will punch more of the high end, and it could be used in conjunction with this one, like we combine FLV’s Coconut and Sweet Coconut. It was fairly juicy, and very true to it’s name, and it had no off notes that I could pick up on. This one seemed like a really natural tasting, powerhouse, mid-region Mango, with a few high, and low notes, that was below mid level sweet. Very solid performer, and felt great at 8.5/10.

9 Likes

RY4 (Flavorah) 0.6% (4-10-21) – Wow, this one packed a PUNCH, and at only 0.6%. Not having a lot of bacco experience to pull from, this one was super charged, right out of the gate. It was like NO other RY4 I’d ever tried before. Most of them, were simply a medium to light tobacco with caramel. This one was a MUCH bolder, darker, heartier tobacco, with definite smoky notes, and almost coffee notes. There was some slightly sweet undertones with maybe some caramel, but much lower in the mix. I did keep focusing on the smoky-ness of it, and it appeared stronger when smelling out of the bottle than in the vape, but it’s presence could not be ignored. It almost smelled smokier, and vaped more like a smoky coffee. VERY interesting, and complex. It continued to present darker, earthier tones, along with the bacco, and almost coffee smoky notes. It was PLENTY strong @ 0.6%, and might range from 0.4-0.8 depending on your needs. I can’t speak to pairings as I don’t really bacco very much at all. As it stood, this one, was very good, rich, and dark, with an almost smoky/coffee like finish, that was below mid level sweet. Coming from a non-bacco-er, this one surprised me, and testing it was an interesting affair. Very NOT like any RY4 I’ve tried before, so rating this will be complicated. It did not present as a light bacco with Caramel, but much, much more. My gut is telling me to rate high, purely out of the taste profiles alone, and the convincing aspects of the smoky/coffee notes. Too dark and smoky delicious to not go with a 9.5/10.

9 Likes

Checkout what i said in recipe side…lol…ive heard other say this was a Pear Jelly Bean and i dont get that at all …I get a Pear in the Cans that have the syrup inside

6 Likes

That’s what I’ve been waiting for! One of the only things I eat out of a tin other than peaches.

6 Likes

Sweet Mango (Flavorah) 1% (4-11-21) – As predicted, this one in comparison to Flavorah’s Ripe Mango was brighter, punchier, and sweeter. I had guessed that these two, could be paired exactly like Flavorah’s Coconut and Sweet Coconut. Why two mangos ?? Well, it would allow you to better USE the flavor(s) for whatever you need. This one shared many attributes of the Ripe Mango except sweeter, and with the increased sweetness, a perceived “fresh” boost. It tasted very nice and full at 1%, and had no off putting notes. For my tastes I think I like this Sweet Mango a little more than the Ripe Mango, as it was punchier and brighter, and I think that would allow it to carry better in mixes, and allow it to break through better. Depending on your needs, you may want to mix both the Sweet and Ripe, and to varying ratios depending on what you need. For a nice rich and full, more ripe and sweet Mango, this one should take care of your needs. Because my tastes favor the brighter/punchier, I’m rating this one a little higher than Flavorah’s Ripe, just due to preference. Felt really good at 9.5/10.

9 Likes

Vanilla Tobacco (Flavorah) 0.8% (4-11-21) – LAST ONE on deck for this new series from Flavorah. Having now tested their RY4, and Mild Tobacco, I was curious to see if this one shared similarities. It did. It had many of the rich, deep, dark almost smoky tobacco as the two aforementioned, but this time, it was layered into a deliciously light vanilla carrier. Simplistically speaking, the Mild Tobacco had a great Caramel carrier, and this one has a great Vanilla Carrier, with the RY4 being the heavy standout, as far as increased smoky notes. This one tasted great @ 0.8%, and didn’t feel like it was hitting the ceiling. It was below mid sweet, and the vanilla layer was very nicely blended in. At times I almost got more of the sweet than the Vanilla, but it was there throughout the vape. While not appearing as complex as the caramel in the Mild this one paired perfectly with the bacco notes, and held it’s own, but didn’t steal the limelight. The darker/smoky bacco notes from the other baccos was present here as well, but like the Mild, were slightly reduced to allow room for the carrier layer. All in, this one could be a GREAT first one for people wanting to delve into the world of baccos, without a slamming, in your face bacco. Finished the entire two testers on this one, and remember, I’m NOT a bacco vaper, hehe, so that should tell you something. Finishing out this series, this one had no real take-offs, except maybe for some linearity of the vanilla in comparison to the more complex caramel in the Mild. Feels, and felt really good @ 9.5/10.

13 Likes

Holy FLV Lime. I’ve had it forever but haven’t messed with it. Two drops in 60ML is PLENTY. Great lime taste. Mainly using it now to help Mango and Blackberry pop. But i see a lime vape in my future.

8 Likes

Can I ask a question re Kentucky Blend on this thread or should I go somewhere else?

4 Likes

What’s your question?

3 Likes

I mixed it at 2% solo, just to acquaint myself to its notes and decide on future mixes.
What I got was nothing related to tobacco, in fact, nothing related to vaping at all. I got a brown coloured, viscid, very sugary syrup. Flat, bland and SICKENINGLY sugary.
Was I sold a defective bottle?

4 Likes

2% is very high for it. I’d suggest dropping to 0.5-0.8% until you find your sweet spot. It’s generally sensible to start low with most Flavorah concentrates.

The colour is normal for Kentucky. Only Native Tobacco has a darker colour.

6 Likes

Okay then.
Let’s see

4 Likes

I’d suggest leaving it to steep for at least 2 weeks. I prefer to give it a month to shine.

6 Likes