Flavorah Tasting Notes

Re: BlackBerry needing some tartness. I haven’t use MF Lemon yet but it is on the way. Do you think that would give it a boost?

3 Likes

That might just @scifoc. I have used it before to add some punch. Not sure if it needs malic acid or not.

2 Likes

looking forward to hearing about the mangos and mint candy. I will do some SFT when I get mine and try to write it up. I do see FLV Mint Candy being entered in as Candy Mint…

3 Likes

Cactus Apple (Flavorah) 0.4% (4-4-21) – Before starting this flavor review, I reflected back on how I could NOT vape INW Cactus, the go to flavor for adding jucy-ness to mixes. Something about the flavor, I just couldn’t get past. Like vaping Aloe Vera ?? Soo, with that said, there WAS a certain amount of trepidation in testing another cactus. Upon first vape, I was greeted with a fair amount of natural tasting cactus, BUT, it was somehow tempered with a sweet, tart, green apple, that made it palatable for me. Shocking, didn’t see THAT coming. The cactus tasted fairly natural, with the expected cactus “hue” as I call it, with no bitterness, gummy-ness, or off-putting notes. Flavorah may have made this flavor for me, hehe, as the paring with the green apple, really allowed me to vape this, almost enjoy it (gasp), and may open up cactus-ing for even more people. Because the cactus rode solidly in the middle spectrum, the apple appears to have been used to temper it, and allow for some sweet, tart punch. The pairing of the two works really well. If you are, were, or could be a non-cactus-er, you might want to give this one a try, as it could allow you to enter INTO the cactus frey. Somewhat earthy, and natural cactus, fully tempered, but not overshadowed by a sweet/tart green apple. 8.5/10.

9 Likes

Chai Spice (Flavorah) 0.5% (4-4-21) – My experience with Chai has always been fresh Chai Tea, and have NEVER vaped it before, so this will be another first. My perception of Chai has always been Cardamom, Fennel, Cinnamon, Ginger, and Black Pepper. Every time I’ve had fresh authentic Chai Tea, the aforementioned have always been present. Excitingly enough, most, if not all WERE present in this flavor, with maybe the exception of the black pepper (which ROCKS in fresh, hot tea). All elements were very nicely placed, such that I could not pick one as standing out, which was impressive. I had pre-concerns about Ginger, Cardamom, and Fennel presenting as to “bighty” or bitter, but there were hardly any bitter notes here, and somehow, Flavorah managed to temper this entire complex flavor with an almost creamy undertone, that while not overpowering, was always there, and almost a carrier for the aforementioned notes. As a sum total, it was quite realistic, accurate, and satisfying, which again, coming from a NON “spice” vaper, was a surprise. Felt plenty good and strong at 0.5%, and had no off-putting notes. Your mixing level will directly depend on how “spicy” you want your mix, and this could clearly run roughshod over a mix if used too high. I kept looking for any telltale cinnamon, but it was hard to find, so either it was missing, or just lower in the mix. All in, a pretty convincing, non bitter Chai spice that would work well anywhere Chai was desired. Chai Milk, Milkshake, Ice Cream ?? Pretty convincing for my tastes, and felt solid @ 9.1/10.

7 Likes

Energy Drink (Flavorah) 0.8% (4-4-21) – I don’t know if I’ve ever even tried an Energy Drink, so if you need a direct comparison, you may want to keep on lookin’. With that little disclaimer out of the way, I talked with @SmokyBlue, and she said it was a “green” one, hehe, so there you go. The flavor itself was clear, and tasted almost soda like, and I was getting a diminished green apple with maybe a fruit or two more. Maybe a melon in there, but very hard to tell due to the balanced blending of the elements. Sweetness was below mid level, and at 0.8% it felt pretty good, with nothing off putting. There was a element in this, that almost reminded me of a multi-vitamin. Crazy, right ? It surely is the “energy” part, and it in no way was off-putting, and worked well in the mix, and almost gave it a sort of effervescence, which again, just worked in this flavor. It was hard to judge this, having no energy drink experience to compare it to, but solider on we shall. Just like the previous flavor, Chai Spice, this flavor might NOT be on some mixer’s list as why would you vape an Energy Drink ?? Well the good news is, if you want to, or need it in a mix, you can. All in, an interesting drink profile with unique elements (assuming energy quality), with an almost fizzy quality to it. I’d probably stay at 0.8% or lower, as it could possibly take over a mix if left unchecked. As it tasted and vaped, will leave it at a handy 8.9/10.

10 Likes

Mango Pineapple Passion (Flavorah) 0.8% (4-4-21) – The first thoughts I had on this one were “Fruit Workhorse”. A definite fruit medly, and the Mango took the lead, with the Pineapple somewhere behind it, and the Passion Fruit in last place. Now, this one might not be my favorite of the new releases, not because it’s bad, just because it felt middling. I love the idea of the tri-fruit, but it presented with a lack of focus, and realize, this is as a solo, so the spotlight was on. In mixes, it could work far differently. Sweetness was nicely below mid level, and it felt plenty strong at 0.8% with no foul notes from it. As I continued to finish the tank, I kept wishing for some focus and clarity as to the direction of this one, and never got it, and may be my tastes. As a tripple fruit medley, or a baser, this one was above average, just not the star of the show. Nicely finished @ 7/10.

10 Likes

Got my new flv today. Only had time to mix up sft of blue razz and mint candy. Blue Razz smells wonderful. Mint Candy…not sure what it smells like. Really hope it is good as I am all about the mint. Already thinking of a recipe…maybe some cream, MF Coffee and Vanilla. Yumm.

6 Likes

Mild Tobacco (Flavorah) 1% (4-6-21) – Before we begin a few disclaimers. I’ve NEVER been a big bacco vaper, so this WILL be another first. Second, typically (as with my custards) I like to let baccos steep for a month to fully mature, BUT I didn’t want to drag these out, and to help get more people involved in Flavorah, and maybe encourage people to also try these NEW flavors. With THAT all said, you can call me a somewhat reluctant tobacco vaper/tester. This mild tobacco floored me from the first vape. Wow, it’s that good. It presented as a fairly complex affair, with the main notes being a mild (duh) tobacco and a very rich caramel. Now, this is NOT as simple as just another RY4, as it had far MORE tobacco, and less caramel, or at least it appeared that way. The complexity of this one really kept me guessing as to exactly what notes were in here, and that is rare for me. Was I getting coffee, chocolate at times ?? Very hard to tell, and that my friends, IS complexity. The tobacco was full but not overly strong or bitter, and the “caramel wash” as I was calling it, just envoloped you during the vape. At times I even got almost smoky notes, but they kept moving in and out of focus, which really just left this one as a deliciously complex blend of a mid dark tobacco, and a very rich, yet not overpowering caramel. Perfect at 1%, with ZERO takeoffs for me. Going to finish this tester tank (two days running), and I do feel, 10/10 is warranted.

15 Likes

Nice @scifoc will be interested to hear what you think.

2 Likes

Toothpaste lol…I havent vaped it yet but reminds me of Toothpaste

5 Likes

Crazy Right ??? I don’t Vape bacco either but the Vanilla Tobacco is nice…I actually vaped all the SF and mixed a simple recipe :yum::yum::yum:

4 Likes

Doesn’t smell like a real minty toothpaste though. Vaped some today but it needs more steeping. Some mint, maybe menthol with a creamy texture. More later.

3 Likes

So are you a convert now? :grinning: Sounds like I’ll have to get this one. I love the Red Burley and this one just sounds heavenly to me. thank you SD :+1:

4 Likes

They have a vanilla tobacco as well? Oh boy! I’m going to have to split my next orders. the list is building again!

6 Likes

I was looking at these while browsing the other brands and could not fkn believe it when I saw a 30mL bottle of Flavorah tobacco for $34!

What the FUCK… I can buy an actual POUCH of english tobacoo for well, twice that but still… that’s super expensive compared to all the other brands - especially since it’ll most likely be another epic-fail tobacco flavour anyway.

3 Likes

Well 15 ml on average cost $5.55 usd…And as far as Tobacco Concentrates go Flavorah is very popular and a lot of the community thinks they are the go to Concentrates for this profile…Id love to see what Medicine Flower retails for where you live.

Ya FLV is more expensive than most brands but when you consider the strength comapared to most they actually arent that expensive …The usage rate is very low compared to most

Why would you want real tobacco ??

Order from Chefs Flavours then you can buy the flavors for apprx the same price as the USA does …All you will have to worry about is the wait and cost of shipping then

4 Likes

About $40 for 15ml, only a couple of places here. It was cheaper for me to order direct, it was the postage that killed the price ordering from the states.

5 Likes

Oh, I did buy reall tobacco today I’d why I thought of it :smirk:

Like I said in the other thread: I reached the point a while ago where I’m heavily enough invested and happy with vaping that I can treat myself occasionally without feeling any desire to return to being an actual smoker again.

It’s pretty liberating actually: knowing you can smoke without any worry about being sucked back into it and even when I do ‘treat’ myself to real tobacco, I find it a bit too mm, simple and miss the feel of the devices in my hand and everything else that goes with vaping more than I miss tobacco when it’s gone.

Yeah I am a vaper now - even smoking itself doesn’t make me feel like a smoker at all.

Like I also said though: I wouldn’t recommend anyone who’s new to vaping follow my example - not until they’ve crossed that line where they know they can smoke without being drawn back to needing to.

Many of us are all-in on vaping enough to be able to indulge in combustibles occasionally without feeling any loss when they’re gone and we switch back to vaping again.

I’m certainly over that line, so it’s kinda nice to be able to yes ‘indulge’ if I feel like it without any fear of it becoming a permanent thing again.

4 Likes

Rest of my new flv sft done including a wild guess at a flv mango trinity ! Blackberry smells heavenly.

11 Likes