Flavoring gone bad

Need a little advice please guys and gals.

I made a mix of Strawberries and cream. 70vg 30pg and 6mg nic
using the X CUBE 2 Mod, with the U Well Crown tank with the dual 0.5ohm coil.

I know there are alot of bad batch of coils floating around for these tanks, So I am not ruling that out yet,

but i was wondering wheather or not a mix can go bad, the only way to describe the taste is that the nicotine taste stale, !! or there a tobacco nicotine mixed with it… which taste bloody nasty …
pretty gutted as it was a freash mix…last one tasted fine no issues, and its the same mix nothing differant from each other…

all i have done recently was changed coils. last one was starting to get burnt hits…
Have i washed out the tank since then NO i havent . maybe i should have done really …

Sounds to me like you have a bad coil, there was some bad coils going around for awhile. Is it a .25 coil?

I would wash the tank out. I have still gotten that nasty taste even with a fresh coil after tasting that my coil was burning. Also how old is the mix ? If you nicotine isn’t turning bad and your mix is relatively new it should be fine.
Old nic smells pretty bad you can usually identify that smell pretty quickly that and the color it turns is very golden then I’d say time to get some new nic, but I feel the tank should get a wash and load yet another new coil to be sure.

I have had trouble with the crown coils lately myself ( well my fiance’) uses it and when I loaded the last two coils they did not want to make proper contact with the grooves in the base of the tank it took sometime to get it to screw on this is not common. Glad to hear there is some duds going around. Hope it works out for you thou.

@Cloyce its a 0.5ohm coil… only running at 50watts.
fresh mix. steeped for a week…

Did you love the flavor of the liquid before you got the crown? I’m thinking coil as well.

What does a drip on your finger taste like?

Well to be honest … not tried it on my figure…changed the coil and and been washed out etc., still taste stale. not right . but be the juice, thing is tho… i have used this flavor before and tasted fine with the Triton tank…

I am very disappointed with this tank…so over rated with all the pro’s with it… no one gives a honest review on you-tube with this tank… they all rate it highly… i must say its the biggest pile of poo

Only good thing about it… it looks nice… thats it… out 10… is 1/10

6 months ago it was considered all that, never heard a bad thing

I wouldn’t buy one again, thats for sure… i would’t recomemend anybody to it…
unless i get a good set of coils. my thoughts about wont change…the 0.25 coil burnt out and shorted within 2mins of using it… was only putting 40watts through it… it was all correctly primed etc

NI200 coil… no taste at all with that… with any liquid… was running 520f on that … with the 000.60 on the TCO

CuRBY: I’m sorry your having problems, honestly I have 3 Crowns tanks and all of them work flawless. I have only used the .25 and .5 coils and have bought them from 3 different venders with no problems. If you have primed them and brought them up slowly in wattage, it maybe your nic.

I certainly hope it isn’t the nic. Its a new bottle
Made a few mixes from it…not had any issues as such from any other batches apart from this one…
Got one steeping at the moment…
Plus got one coil left, so I will clean the tank out prime the new coil up in the morning…and slowly build up the heat…start it off around 30watts and build up from there…
Going to get some new coils tomorrow…may complain about this batch I had…see if they can give me a free set…they know me well enough in our local vape shop anyhow…

Taste the drop

I agree. I’ve never had an issue with the crown tanks (I now have three). The only challenge is the primining of the coil. It does take time and patience. But done correctly the coil lasts a long time.

There are tons of videos out there. Get the cotton wet. Stick it on the tank. Fill up the tank. Then wait. Do primer puffs without any power. Wait some more and so on. I’ll typical start around 20watts. Work my way up to 35-40ish watts. Then leave the tank overnight and start again. Then Slowly work my way up to my normal sweet spot. It does tank 1-2 tanks of liquid working your way up. And is not a quick process.

Done right my coil lasts about a month.

I must admit i think the ni coil was not for me and performed poorly for me.