Flavors: Conceptual meaning and applied symbolism

I’m relatively new to creating my own recipes. Of course, I want a final product that tastes great and is satisfying, but I am attempting to create juices that are more conceptual instead of representational (example: a juice that tastes like something specific like cookies and cream, etc).
My goal is to create juices that evoke certain memories, feelings, and represent specific or trope-based characters from games, movies and anime.
Is anyone interested in sharing symbolic meanings, or conceptual decisions regarding flavor choices that are non-representational (in opposition to it pairing with something to make it taste like a representation of something specific like cookies and cream, or blue cotton candy lemonade, etc)

2 Likes

Example: what flavors would best illustrate, say, Ashley Graham from Resident Evil 4?

I find this interesting as just last night i starting working on a recipe to honor a song from the past.

3 Likes

I dont really know anything about new games, im a bit old school, but if i were to make something for my favorite game of all times i would think of what defined it, color, a line in the game, etc.

Duke3d - His big line was:

It’s time to kick ass and chew bubblegum.

So i would make a bubblegum flavored liquid, perhaps with a red berry touch as the game was filled with blood.

1 Like

So does the Lady in Red make you hear the song when you vape it? That’s def the general idea of what I’m going for

1 Like

I am going to mixing this just a bit later today but i do think it will, it may undergo several changes before i am satisfied tho. The name is pretty much enough to trigger the memories i am going for, as soon as i see it the music plays in my melon and the memories flash through,

It had to be strawberry based, Lady in Red.
Had to have hints of vanilla as vanilla sometimes triggers the same memories, not strippers… hehe
Had to be rich.

These were a few of the things i was considering as i put this together, i built the recipe around those ideas.

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Real Flavors Super Concentrates Tasting Notes

I get where you’re going here. I was watching Mary Poppins one night and got inspired to make a “line” of Mary Poppins juices. Michael and Jane were lime cordial and strawberry respectively. But for Bert I went with a more conceptual mix rather than representational. I was thinking about his chalk drawings, spring rain, trees in the park. What I came up with is unique for sure, but I like it! Not sure if anyone else would… Lol! But whenever I vape it it makes me want to go sit in the park and watch the rain so I think it was a successful mix for me at least! It’s a super simple recipe, so if you have the ingredients, mix it up and tell me if I’m crazy or not. Lol

3 Likes

Wow that’s deep… I was actually visualizing this when I saved this recipe last week. Is this what you mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrGP6GtxRYs
Pink fluffy marshmallows : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1191984/Pink%20fluffy%20marshmallows

1% Marshmallow (SC) (Real Flavors)
2% Pink Candy - Burst Type (SC) (Real Flavors)
2% Strawberry (SC) (Real Flavors)

Flavor total: 5%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/9xLF

2 Likes

Can you describe the flavor ? It sounds wonderful
I dont have RF marshmallow but i got cap,FA and TFA , which do you think would be the closest sub?

Sorry I haven’t made it yet. I saved the recipe for easy access.I only have the TFA marshmallow but I’m gonna try it.:smiley:

Ahh nice,
I like the idea and i think i may play around with that idea abit aswell
I’ll post if it works out for me in oneway or another😊

1 Like

Great, I’d like to see what you come up with. :smiley:

I think FA would be closer to RF SC MM than TPA. TPA is more sweet with little actual mm flavor, FA and RF SC have more of the mm flavor and mouth feel, but aren’t quite as sweet. And I’ve heard CAP MM is very sweet and has more mm flavor than tpa. But I haven’t tried it.

1 Like

Looks like it to me!

That looks tasty but I dont have the PC so I decided to adapt it until I get some PC:

Strapple Banana Marshmallow (RFSC)
1.00% Apple (Real Flavors)
1.00% Banana (Real Flavors)
1.00% Marshmallow (Real Flavors)
1.00% Strawberry (Real Flavors)

I normally shoot for 3.5% with RF SC but couldn’t decide how I wanted to weight the 3 fruits so just went even 1% for all 3 for now. Who knows when I might actually get around to mixing a tester though. Thanks for posting the recipe regardless.

1 Like

Nice Fozzy!!! Thanks.I think your recipe sounds great! I own just a few flavors but I happened to have those 3 in my stash so tried mixing it up last night. I had never vaped a high VG like that and the flavors tasted a bit muted. I didn’t make much. I vaped a tank of it and left it to rest. I’m gonna play around with it again as well and order more flavors. :grinning:.

1 Like