Flavour base?

How do you make a decent flavour base to add to a recipie? Do you add mostly PG and no VG? Or the other way around? I heard 10%PG works? What do you guys do?

5 Likes

Usually i do 70 vg and 30 pg, or 60 vg and 40 pg. (In percent)

6 Likes

20/80 is ok, 30/70 is pretty usual; some like 100vg and some like 60/40. Generally PG allows more flavour, but it can get harsh for some (many?). More importantly, don’t pay too much attention to this unless you have good reason for that; meaning you have issues). Otherwise just let it be since this is the next level of learning process, which is unnecessary (and bad) to explore at this moment. (Generally) whatever recipe you will be making, it will be the same at any percentage (meaning if it’s exceptional at 10/90, then it is very likely it will be exceptional at 40/60 too). Only when you get to that ‘next level’ point in your learning curve you will know what works best and why and you will adapt.

7 Likes

@ladycrooks first you have to determine if you (or your client) is PG sensitive and if so, you would go MAX VG. If not, I typically use/vape/sell two ratios. MTL 70p/30v, or DTL 70v/30p. The thinner is for all mouth to lung vaping/pods, etc., and the thicker is for sub ohming.

6 Likes

Do you mean before you put flavours in? Your question asked “to add to a recipe”…
This would be reliant on what your flavouring was as they are usually PG based.

Interesting as I only vape MTL and mix either 70v/30p or 80v/20p depending on my mood. Most later MTL RTA’s I have keep up quite well with these viscosities and I get plenty of flavour.

5 Likes

Hehe, well @Ianc13 YOUR MTL stash is FAR greater (and superior) than mine by far. I’ve tried to push up some client mixes to 50/50 but some complained about wicking, assuming cheap pods, etc.

6 Likes

I guess @SessionDrummer, you are mainly DL from what I have seen. I also have a problem with PG so tend to use less. I never use pods, but even my set-ups when I started out (Innokin T18’s and T22’s) I used with 70v/30pg. It really is a case of what works for the individual though, some people like my way, some… not so much. :+1: :grinning:

7 Likes

But will me adding this to another mixture of say 70/30 thats what I already made a couple at mute the other recipie? Or am I not really using enough to worry about that?

3 Likes

I am jealous of your premiere MTL stash.

5 Likes

The flavor production of PG and VG is different, but in your case, not enough to worry about.

5 Likes

I vape DTL always have also I don’t like the pods. Ive tried them and always go back to my big bulky glass tanks for sub ohm. I have like 4 freemax tanks a falcon2 and some other ones. So what mix is better for that? And what is better for pods? My nephew vapes pods . N I have a couple. Is 70/30 good? Or 65/35. That’s what I usually mix at and I like good flavour but don’t like the throat hit. I only vape 3mg.

3 Likes

As @SessionDrummer said above @ladycrooks for DTL he uses 70VG/30PG as thicker works better for sub ohming.

The wonderful thing about vaping is how different the experience is for each person. I don’t like pods, can’t stand DTL or any type of “airy” atomiser. I vape like I smoked and use RTA’s with similar airflow to a cig draw.

5 Likes

I vape DTL much like you ( big bulky tanks). Most of my mixing is done at 70/30 80/20 max VG during controlled warm condition’s. When it gets colder outside the VG heavy mixes turn to molasses and doesn’t flow enough to wick. I will thin my mixes down 60/40 to allow my coils cotton to asorbe my liquids.
To answer your question there is no better or worse mix percentage only adapting to meet condition.

7 Likes