Flavour Bending

I used it Simon, and I know it’s just me something is translating wrong to my taste buds because. I let that steep 30 days and even made a flavor concentrate out of Pro’s

4 Likes

Vanilla pudding is very sweet I wonder if I did that at 1.4 and maybe the milk chocolate at .50 … is that stretching too far? once upon a time I had malted milk TPA but if I still have it… it’s probably 3 years old LOL I’ll order a new bottle and try it, because that’s better than giving up on enjoying chocolate.

5 Likes

This is great. Thank you.

4 Likes

Yes. Awesome.
Thank you.
I need to try and save this in my docs.
Great information.

4 Likes

In the UK most folks swear by TFA Double Chocolate Clear but not really being a chocolate fan I’ve not tried it.
I’ve used FLV Pralines in a recipie for the chocolate bar “Toffee Crisp” and find it more of a subtle milk chocolate with no off notes.

7 Likes

Did you get the CCW direct, from Chef’s, or from another source? (Recipe looks very interesting BTW!!)

5 Likes

WOW … okay I have the pralines and cheesecake… never thought about the pralines being used as a chocolate … will have to try that!!!

4 Likes

“Clotted” cream is one of the most disgusting food names I have ever heard. Could they really not have come up with a better name? Even snails get “escargot”, and steak buried in peppercorns is “au poivre”. Yet cream with chunks is still called clotted cream. Blecch.

9 Likes

I tend to buy most of the CCW flavours i use from Amazon UK as they are very cheap.
They dont have consistent stock so will also pick them up from cake ingredient stockists if needed.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Is a real cream in the UK

3 Likes

I wonder how well clotted cream goes with spotted dick?

7 Likes

How does it wick?

4 Likes

Priceless information…thank you for the share!

3 Likes

The clot or the spot? :crazy_face: lol

4 Likes

Keep it up, this is great. I look for tips all the time and this is VERY informative! Thanks for taking the time to post this here!

4 Likes

Thanks is not enough for this precious informations

4 Likes

@Mezo_el welcome

3 Likes

Sorry to bump a kind of oldish thread but I’m still a noob and this thread helped me out a bit going into my 3rd batch of sample making. Plus I discovered one myself - a bit of mango fills out a grapefruit flavor.
My latest is something like 4% Purilum Pomelo, 4% EuroFlavor Yellow Grapefruit, 1% TPA Sour, 1% EuroFlavor Green Mango, .25% Purilum Sunset, and .25% Purilum Papaya Mango.

Basically took a ‘batch’ of grapefruit made from 3 combined flavors and added a bit from a batch of mango, also consisting of 3 flavors. Very good tasting mix.

7 Likes

@HaabbyoPabbyo welcome

5 Likes