Flavour Bending

Thanks a lot. Figured it would be good to have all my flavors collected together, since I’m really enjoying ejuice making, I think i’ve got a knack for it. I’ve my mind set on eventually creating my own series of flavors that are every bit as quality as the best brands out there. It’s really cool to be able to say ‘I want to make a Reeses Puffs Cereal vape’, and be able to actually do it because of the wealth of information shared by users. So I’m grateful to the community at large for all the advice, and legwork I didn’t have to do myself. lol.

6 Likes

We are all here to help each other once you nail that recipe could you send it to me your going to have to buy all the peanut/peanut butter to find the right one i wish you the best of luck entering the rabbit hole

4 Likes

I didn’t even think about adding Mango to that Grapefruit!

6 Likes

Thanks, I was going for more of a red grapefruit/pomelo flavor, mango just made sense. Some of my stash is from River Supply’s discontinued section, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised with their quality.

My first try at the Reese was pretty darn close, actually. Scrounging around forums gave me a milk recipe which I copy/pasted and worked out excellently. It’s 3% (TPA) Bavarian Cream, 3% (TPA) Dairy Milk, 2% (TPA) Vanilla Swirl, and 1% of (TPA) Meringue. Credit to the author from VU.

For the Cereal Part I’m still working on the exact right combination but I went with 3% (TPA) Crunchy Cereal, 2% (TPA) Dairy Milk, 2.5% Purilum Chocolate Peanut Butter, and 1% each of (TPA) Toasted Almond and Vanilla Swirl.

I vape at around 20-30w so usually my flavors hover around 10% concentration. Not sure why I added Milk and Vanilla to both parts, lol. I’m also debating whether or not to add (FA) Honey or (TPA) Malted Milk to sweeten it up slightly. Still, that was my first attempt, and it came out uncannily close to what I was going for. I told ya, I’ve got a knack. I almost like making ejuice more than vaping it.

edit: i published this officially, with a delightfully regrettable name to boot: If I can post this correctly…Puffy’s Serial Recess

4 Likes

Personal opinion on the honey I can’t vape it even at .10% it overwhelms everything for me

4 Likes

I think I single-flavor sampled it and found it palatable. I’ve got a few samples steeping with honey and flavorah fried dough, and a graham cracker/honey/cereal combo. The way I’ve decided to approach recipes is by making around 30 ‘bases’ or stones at a time, really simple combinations that are like the ‘essence’ of a certain flavor. Then I try combining those together to see what works best. Guava jelly-filled donut is next on my agenda. I think.

My off-flavor is raspberry, even after trying a few different brands. It just has this harsh taste that I can actually use in cola mixes to make it taste more like classic coke, but stand-alone it pretty much tastes exactly like raccoon asshole excretions. At least I’ve got a great blue raspberry I can enjoy. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This information is mixing gold… thank you!

5 Likes

you try lowering that flavor? sometimes when you use too much it can be off… not what you expect, and even mute out after a few weeks/ a month…

4 Likes

Nothing works, I’m afraid. Sometimes in a mix with several other fruits I can kind of get a faint whiff of something that may or may not resemble a raspberry flavor…lol. I’ve tried Lorannes and TPA, I guess that’s not many but hard to justify wasting spending more when I know it’s a dud already. They even smell off to me, rancid.

3 Likes

It’s certainly possible that raspberry just doesn’t translate to vaping for you. But on the flip side, there are much better raspberry concentrates out there than the ones you’ve tried.

5 Likes

You might enjoy the candy or fruit of raspberry, but your body chemistry may be a bit screwed up to enjoy vaping it… then again @anon70102222 is right. There are better flavor companies out there. Flavorah’s red raspberry to me, is like the fruit. at .8% I can get the raspberry as well as a gushy… flesh parts of the berry and the tangy sweet tart of the raspberry…

3 Likes

I’ll perhaps give Flavorah’s offering a try. Something with red berries is off with me in general, i suspect. I have Purilum Strawberry and Strawberry and Rhubarb Smash and I can barely taste anything with them, I get better results if I mix it half and half with something like Peach. Dragon Fruit is another that I’m not sure tastes to me like what it’s supposed to.

Pomegranate tastes more like strawberry than either of the strawberries I have. Passion fruit is another that tastes really great to me, so I’ve ordered another version to mix with. It’s sort of strange, I followed a recipe for grape soda that called for Dragon Fruit, and it came out right, but that was at a tiny percentage. When following recipes, I think i’ll tend to substitute out another flavor if it calls for any of those flavors.

Mixing is strange, unexpected results can always occur. I took some (tpa) black cherry (a notoriously strong and pungent flavor), (tpa) lemon, (tpa) dragon fruit, and (tpa) raspberry sweet and the result was almost a cherry lemonade. i was extremely surprised, had already pre-named it ‘catastrophe’ and was ready to dump the bottle, but I’m vaping it instead.

5 Likes

It’s yet another form of cactus… most people like it big and bold in taste (higher amounts) and then there is me… I love flv’s dragon fruit (and wild melon - its an African horned melon, a bit jelly… pushed too far and its not a dragonfruit but closer to a cantaloupe) I should grab one from the Mexican market soon and do some pictures… its a beautiful funky tasting cactus … a friend of mine fries them in a skillet with honey and omg… <3 keep them both low… and they help make a juice more wetter tasting.

Sounding like to me your taste buds are having issues themselves… and you just need to keep trying till they come back.

Pink Fruit flv is just what it says… a pink tasting fluff… that helps with the pink and red fruits… so if you get any flv… check it out too…

especially if you are too low or too high… that is a big sign… :wink:

3 Likes

LorAnn and TFA are two of the WORST in raspberry IMO, so I’m not surprised.

But there’s one thing above all else that you should take to heart with DIY and flavors: having the same name on the bottle DOES NOT mean that they’ll taste the same!!

This is especially true for “generic” names.
IE: strawberry, caramel, butterscotch, brown sugar…

One of the best raspberry flavors is Inawera IMO.

There’s also times when you have to go outside the “most commonly used”. For instance: NF (Nature’s Flavors), or MF (Medicine Flower), or FLV (Flavorah).

Don’t shoot yourself in the foot by making any sweeping decisions like: “hard to justify wasting spending more when I know it’s a dud already.”
It only proves that DIY isn’t as simple as you think it is. :wink:

8 Likes

flv and mf both, even tho they look expensive… the amounts used… brings those price tags down below even fw prices… :wink:

Think of that 15ml bottle as between a 60ml and a 4oz :wink:

6 Likes

Rf sc soda base gives a good carbonation effect but it only seems to last about two weeks

7 Likes

Amen brother, my favorite raspberry too :+1:

4 Likes

Sodas might be my fav. I’ve got 2 colas, lemon lime, peach, grape, hawaain drink, citrus punch. I have big plans to make a papaya soda vape called Yapa Papa, that someday is turned into a real soft drink that pushes coca cola out of the market. Lol, but the list of possible soft drink/fruit combinations is nigh endless.

4 Likes

I’m trying make a good blackberry forward blackberries and cream.

I cannot seem to get the blackberries to stand out. I already increased both BB by 2% each… It started out as a 1-2-3 mix with 3% Cap BB, 2% LA BB, and 1% sweet cream… Now it’s 5% cap, 4% LA, and 1% sweet cream.

I know that creams have a tendency to mute fruits until steeped and that most of the notes posted on Cap sweet cream say give it a day or so… Two days and it’s still really muted…

I’m afraid it’ll be muted regardless.

What would any of you recommend as a “flavor booster” for blackberry?

Citrus or dragonfruit? Maybe apple? Or possibly something really out there like passion fruit…? :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I love the blackberry FA, in low percentage, 0.3 0.5%, stands out in the mix … Try it if you have the opportunity

5 Likes