FLAVRZ Flavor Shots / One Shots Reviewed by SessionDrummer

GREAT question @TimWV, to keep it to my 70v/30p ratio, and mixing them @ 25%, I had to add a smidge of PG, but mostly VG, and then the NIC. The PG is so small it was insignificant.

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying that @SessionDrummer

2 Likes

Mmm if it’s anything like LA Cheesecake I wonder if adding LA Cream Cheese Icing would make a huge difference. I always loved the combo of LA CCI and Cheesecake.

2 Likes

@McDuckie I know for my tastes, sometimes I need a “cheesier” CC, but other times, I need a less sharp, more creamy one, it depends. I’m trying to think of something that LA’s CCI wouldn’t improve LOL.

2 Likes

Apple Pie (FLAVRZ) (One Shot) 25% (8-21-23) – Sometimes you can add ALL the right ingredients, and still the recipe just doesn’t mesh. This MAY be one of those, but read on, and YOU decide. What I could directly pick up on was a semi bright apple, some apple filling, some crust, a light cinnamon or spice, and a main creamy carrier (maybe whipped cream, but tasted more like ice cream). There, ALL the perfect profiles all in there, yet somehow, it tasted a ilttle “fuzzy”. Fuzzy ?? Yes, fuzzy. It seemed to lack focus, or a clear lead profile like the Apple for example. 3 testers in, I kept thinking of what it needed to be better, and I finally settled on a more pronounced apple filling. The crust was actually very good, and present, as was the creamy whatever it was (thinking ice cream), but the apple/apple filling got someone lost in the mix, which is interesting, as MOST times Apple Pies are tested, they seem to need MO CRUST (with FA’s Apple Pie being the exception). At 25% it was rich, creamy, and actually damned tasty, BUT, the apple/filling fell so far behind the crust and creamy-ness, it just didn’t sell it all the way. I am a lover of FLV’s Apple Filling, and FA’s Fuji, and I almost wanted to “dose” this One-Shot, JUST to see, but, hehe, I can’t get distracted. No off-notes, but just fuzzy and out of focus overall. I’d love to rate it very high JUST for the delicious crust, as it was flaky, almost spot on, BUT as a whole, I’ll have to apply some take-offs, specifically for the low apple/filling, and overall lack of focus. A tasty flavor, BUT, it would need to be boosted up, and spiked to really shine. All in, it felt fairly placed at a 6.5/10.

4 Likes

Splice (FLAVRZ) (One Shot) 25% (8-22-23) – Wow, this is the LASTEST LAST flavor for me to review in this MASSIVE series from FLAVRZ. 111 flavors, Flavor Shots, and One Shots. It has taken me almost 5 months to complete this. Onto the SPLICE. Up until testing this one I had never heard of Splice before, but apparently, it is a popular Ice Cream in Australia Vanilla Ice Cream, Pineapple, and a hint of Lime ?? Oh YES, that’s a winning combo. The Vanilla Ice Cream was creamy, rich, and believable, with a good mouthfeel, tempered into that was a bright (almost VTA Sugarloaf) Pineapple with bright punchy yellow notes, and JUST beneath the surface, was a slight hint of lime. Just like it was advertised. BUT, hehe I know, I know, there WAS some cooling, and it was light, to medium light, but I could detect it. As always you have to decide for yourselves, as I am NOT a cooling guy. I felt like it had, or was muting some of the flavor profiles just a bit. At 25% it was full, but it felt like it was almost being held BACK by the cooling. I would LOVE to test this flavor WITHOUT cooling, and verify this. The overall fusion of the three main elements was GREAT. No off=notes, and the pairing of a creamy Vanilla Ice Cream, and a bright punchy Pineapple was brilliant. Even WITH the cooling, I couldn’t NOT blow through all 3 testers before I knew it. No off-notes, except for the cooling, BUT, that will be a personal taste thing. I was glad to have such a great flavor close out this MASSIVE SERIES of tests. I struggled to rate this one, as I couldn’t prove the cooling was tempering down the overal flavors or not, but I felt like it was. Was that final assessment (guess), I decided to kick it down 1.5 to an 8.5/10. You may rate it higher if you aren’t as opposed to cooling as I am. All in, a great overall profile that just plain worked.

5 Likes

Wow, this was a LONG SERIES guys, and I don’t have to tell you. 5 months of testing to get through all of these. If you’ve hung in there, to this point, then I DO salute you. It was a LOT of time, work, and effort on my part, and if you’ve read them all, then THAT has been some work for you too.

I want to thank Darren aka @Jetz from FLAVRZ for not only sending these all out for the purposes of these reviews, but giving a LOT of additional information on their flavors, how they make them, and even some very interesting industry information as well. I was exposed to quite a few flavors, profiles, even recipes, many of whom were based on Australian drinks, deserts, and more, that I would have never known of, if not for these tests. That’s always a GREAT day as a reviewer. Some greats, some really interestings, and much more.

In case you just don’t feel like searching, scrolling, or worse (lol), I’ll link to EVERYTHING I’ve done in regards to FLAVRZ, right here.

Part I:

Part II:

Part III:

Flavor Shots:

One Shots:

Some EXCELLENT recipes by Darren, using his FLAVRZ flavors …

5 Likes

Fantastic work and I salute you.
I intend to buy some more Flavrz including a few that I’ve already tried and some that I haven’t but your reviews have certainly helped me decide on the new ones.
And I’m definitely going to enquire about a Rum only concentrate too.

3 Likes

Thank you very much mate. I am VERY interested to hear your thoughts on any new ones that you pick up.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for the Irish Cream that Darren said was coming to Flavrz still no sign of it on the website.

2 Likes

And excellent job on the Flavrz reviews. Definitely the one thing that keeps me coming back to the forum, to see your reviews.

3 Likes

Well thank you very much as well @McDuckie. I appreciate it.

1 Like

I second that I’m all about the rum

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your reviews, I couldn’t even imagine all the prep, and other work you put in for these reviews! Outstanding work!

2 Likes

It is odd that it isn’t on the site, I do have a 60ml bottle in my stash, Maybe it was sent as an “extra”. I can say that it is good but not quite as good (but close) as the one from FLV, IMO

4 Likes

Thank you very much @TimWV I appreciate it very much.

2 Likes

order some of the FLAVRZ based on your review and because James has stopped selling one-shots here in Aus which is a shame as James is a legend ( Liquiddiy)

can’t wait to see how it goes but the process so far is a bit slow, I ordered on the weekend and it still hasn’t shipped ( maybe he is sick or something )

thanks for the reviews, must take ages to go through all that, can’t wait to see how this clone of Pacha Mama Fuji/Straw/Nec is

4 Likes

Welcome to ELR @chrisauvape, and thank you very much mate.

2 Likes

@chrisauvape please feel free to share your thoughts after you get into them. I agree about James, as he knows his stuff.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @chrisauvape :tada:

2 Likes